just dropped Connor off

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » October 27th, 2010, 9:23 am

I hate this... It's so scary. And I didn't realize that he would be there until tomorrow or friday... Ugh
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » October 27th, 2010, 10:18 am

Lots of healthy thoughts for Connor! :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » October 27th, 2010, 11:04 am

Lots of PBT :goodthoughts: for Connor :) :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 27th, 2010, 11:24 am

Lots of love and good thoughts for the big goober-head. Inara also asked that I pass on some VERY inappropriate messages to him about what she's going to do to aid in his recovery, but I can't bring myself to write them. She's pervy. But she sends her love, too.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » October 27th, 2010, 11:58 am

:goodthoughts: Hope all goes well guys, thinking of all of you!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TinaMartin » October 27th, 2010, 11:59 am

Good surgery thoughts from me too.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby ArtGypsy » October 27th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Sending Love and Warm Wishes From All of Us Out Here in Nebraska!!!!!! :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 27th, 2010, 1:05 pm

I hope everything goes well for Connor!!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » October 27th, 2010, 1:26 pm

good thoughts for Connor.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby maberi » October 27th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Get your rest in now, lots of work over the next few months to get the beast back to normal
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » October 27th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Thanks everyone. He's in surgery now. They said to call around 4 to check on him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » October 27th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Tons of good thoughts coming his way... :heartbeat: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pocketpit » October 27th, 2010, 3:44 pm

Well wishes for a speedy recovery Connor!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby call2arms » October 27th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Any news? Did he behave like a good boy during anesthesia?
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Tubular Toby » October 27th, 2010, 4:44 pm

:goodthoughts:

Here's to a speedy recovery!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 27th, 2010, 5:02 pm

The surgeon called a little while ago. He said that he went in there and the meniscus was in about 5 pieces and was all over the inside of his knee. There was a little bit of CCL left, but a soon as he put pressure on it it snapped. The tibial plateau was at 25 degrees, which is prime for CCL rupture. He said there were minimal to low moderate degenerative changes in the knee, and when I told him the initial injury was in March he was very surprised that there was so little progressive damage. He said that the vets would talk to me about suppliments for him, and I said that he was already on high doses of glucosomine and salmon oil, and he said (quote) "Wow, you're a good dog mom" :) (thanks again for the suppliments Fairy Dog Mother!!) He said that most likely the suppliments were what were keeping the damage at bay, so we'll be keeping those up for the rest of his life! lol They aren't cheap, but waaaay cheaper than another new knee! And we'll be adding them to the other two's food from here on in as well.

In regards to the other knee, he said that there was some laxity to it, probably because of the added stress from the inury. However, he was of the opinion that since the current knee was in such good shape, he didn't think that we were looking at another one. But, he did caution that he "didn't have a crystal ball, and that that's not a guarentee."

I asked about taking him home, but he said that that is up to the vets at the practice, so I'm still waiting to hear from them. Ok, on the phone now, I have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out when we can bring him home. I asked about food, but he's not eating until tomorrow, so if they want to keep him until Friday I'll bring food in. I really don't want him eating Science Diet and getting the runs on top of everything else! Though if they feed him the i/d he'll be fine, since that's just rice anyway. I'd guess that they would feed that since it's low residue.

The surgeon isn't at my vet's office, so I asked about getting in touch with him with any questions / problems and he said that his home number was on the paperwork that I'd be getting. Nice!

That's about it for now. I'm not going to stop and see him, I don't want to get him wound up.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 27th, 2010, 5:08 pm

My Vet always let me take mine home that evening. And Darlene had a replaced meniscus in one of her knees.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 27th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Yea for a good update! The Wiener sends nose bites to Connor...I'm not sure if that was meant to be good or bad...I'm just relaying the message. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby call2arms » October 27th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Good job Connor! (and Michelle for handling all that stress)... Now on to a speedy recovery!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » October 28th, 2010, 1:57 pm

We pick him up at 4:45 today.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health