Just when you thought it was safe...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 18th, 2010, 8:22 pm

DemoDick wrote:
mnp13 wrote:WHAT????

There are spiders EVERYWHERE in our house already - it's like they have a convention center here! Have you not noticed this in the last three and a half years? I always thought "cobb webs" were a term for old spider webs, but no, there is a Cobb Spider that spins cobb webs.

Though I do like sucking them into the vacuum, it makes me feel invincible!

Now everyone knows you're lying. You don't even know where the vacuum is.

Demo Dick

:spit:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » October 18th, 2010, 9:24 pm

DemoDick wrote:Now everyone knows you're lying. You don't even know where the vacuum is.

It's not just a "vacuum" it's my Dyson; I know exactly where it is.

The laundry room. (and no, I don't do that either)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 19th, 2010, 6:10 am

mnp13 wrote:There are spiders EVERYWHERE in our house already - it's like they have a convention center here! .

LMAO

DemoDick wrote:Now everyone knows you're lying. You don't even know where the vacuum is.

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » October 19th, 2010, 7:38 pm

lmao too!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » October 19th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Shut up all of you. >( >( >(

I used the vacuum tonight when I was on the phone with Liz. The SHOP VAC is in the kitchen I never lost that in the first place. (isn't that where everyone keeps their shop vac?)

I actually happened to be in a vacuum STORE today, and there were all sorts of new Dysons there for me to drool over... I was in heaven... lots and lots of vacuums to have and not use (except to suck up spiders)...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 20th, 2010, 7:09 am

I can vouch for hearing Michelle vacuum last night. More often than the vacuum though is the sound of a saw (either a regular saw or a circular one!). She's handy. :wink:

Spiders do good things - rationally I understand that, but emotionally they still make me shriek and jump around like a 7 year old girl.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » October 23rd, 2010, 12:07 am

7am, we're sleeping peacefully and suddenly our alarm starts going off. Demo jumps out of bed, grabs his shot gun and hauls ass out of the room. I call after him "that's the fire alarm! Who are you going to shoot?" So he shuts it off, comes back, drops the fire power off and goes to see if our house is burning down.

Nothing.

Then I hear the local fire whistle start and know who that's for! CRAP. My phone rings, it's the alarm company and I tell them that we are home and awake (the dead couldn't sleep through our siren, and we have two of them in the house.) Yes, please call back the fire trucks.

So I get up and take the dogs out. A few minutes go buy and a guy comes flying up to our house in a truck, jumps out and asks me what my address is. I tell him and he says "did you know you have a fire?" I looked at him (as if I would be calmly standing in front of my house letting my dogs pee, with Connor barking his head off inside if my house was on fire) and said "the alarm went off but we don't know why. We were still in bed. I tried to have you called back, I'm really sorry." And he tells me that they have to go through my house by law. Wonderful.

So then the chief pulls up and I repeat the whole thing. He gets a call over his radio, and he responds that he's at the house and it's a false alarm. A minute later, a hose truck pulls up and a dozen firemen in full gear pour out of it. I laughed and said "Really, there isn't a fire. The carbon monoxide detectors are clear as well. I checked." He said he wanted to check them all. Ok, fine.

So I get Ruby to leave the poor guy alone. Riggs is just staring at all of them in their weird outfits, it's Ruby who is bugging the crap out of them. Stuff them in their crates and lead the parade. I had to convince them that no the one in the hall is not a heat detector, it's the smoke detector. No really. No REALLY. Then I showed them the heat detector in the laundry room. Then told them that they really didn't need to go upstairs, but we could go to the basement.

That's when one of the fully suited firemen commented how great the house looks (it currently looks like a bomb went off, I've had a bad few weeks) and I just stared at him not comprehending. He used to be a tenant before we bought it... won-der-ful. Burning it down would improve it over the condition we bought it in. He was being nice, and I appreciated the compliment, but it's always weird to meet ex-occupants.

So we go to the basement, where we fine a smoke detector with a red light on. THAT's the one. But why? Obviously none of us are standing in fire, we would notice! And the chief says... as he brushes cobb webs out of his hair... SOMETIMES SPIDERS GET IN THEM AND SET THEM OFF. He stands there yanking on the cover, and I'm about to tell him "you break it, you bought it" when ex-tenant says "try turning it." And it opens right up to show us a GREAT BIG SPIDER.

I apologized profusely for interrupting their morning, though remarked that it was better that it was 7 and not 3!! They agreed went on their way.... and I sucked up all those evil little things...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 23rd, 2010, 6:25 pm

Were they hot looking firefighters? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm

Joyce, I thought your first question would be the same one I immediately asked when Michelle was telling me this - when Demo charged out of bed, was he nekkid???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby HappyPuppy » October 23rd, 2010, 9:31 pm

TOO FUNNY, Michelle!!!

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Joyce, I thought your first question would be the same one I immediately asked when Michelle was telling me this - when Demo charged out of bed, was he nekkid???

Good call, Liz. :giggle:

Hey- no one answered my question re the flapper valve in the vaccum to keep those things from crawling back out?!? I'm going to believe that one is there and that it works!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 23rd, 2010, 9:55 pm

No. He was not. I was ... underdressed ... so stayed behind. And no, no calendar-worthy firemen. Your son didn't show!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 24th, 2010, 6:49 am

mnp13 wrote: And no, no calendar-worthy firemen. Your son didn't show!!!

Last week he worked at the Firehouse of Mr. August, who made me melt when I saw his calendar shot. I told my son to get a naked photo of him on his cell phone. 8) He wouldn't. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2010, 9:49 am

You don't say? You mean your (married) son didn't want to sneak a picture with his cell phone of another guy naked? lol

BAD son!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 24th, 2010, 5:59 pm

mnp13 wrote:You don't say? You mean your (married) son didn't want to sneak a picture with his cell phone of another guy naked? lol

BAD son!

I know...sometimes I wonder: WHO did I raise? 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » October 27th, 2010, 1:02 pm

lmao
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Previous

Return to Off-Topic