Just wanted to share

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitsnok » October 18th, 2010, 12:17 am

Degan and Ollie were together for about fifteen minutes tonight! Degan plays too rough but every time we said, "be nice", or "easy", he would back off. (I guess that's just something he's going to have to learn.) Anyway, he never raised his hackles, never postured, never growled. He PLAYED!
We did have to end the meeting quite abruptly, though, when Degan proceeded to mount and... attempt really inappropriate things with Ollie boy. (he even red rocketed!)

Anyway, our baby steps are going really well and I just wanted to share!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » October 18th, 2010, 9:40 am

Hehe!

Watching dogs enjoy each other's company never gets old, even if they are being, ahem, inappropriate. :wink:

As an aside, I've noticed that River, especially, sometimes raises her hackles when she plays. It seems to be an excited response from her. Then again, she aways seems a little unsure if she's doing it right when she plays. She's not my most social little butterfly. :rolleyes2:

Congrats on the continued awesome play progress!! I love hearing about it and seeing pictures. Those boys are dreamy.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » October 18th, 2010, 6:30 pm

I have dog envy. Since Seth's 2nd birthday he has turned into cujo.

I'm glad things are going well at your house!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitsnok » October 18th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Thank you! I honestly didn't think it would ever be possible. I mean... we have had Boss and Ollie here for like... 2 months and we are just now even attempting Degan with one of them. But, better to be overly-cautious than overly-confident!

I am really having a hard time lately with deciding what to do about Boss and Ollie. Saying we want to find them homes looks good on paper and whatever, but when it comes down to actually DOING it... I truly don't know if I even can. :cry:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk