TOTW and eye boogers?

Postby HappyPuppy » October 17th, 2010, 10:57 am

We are on our 2nd bag of TOTW. Just finished the high prarie and that was fine except for bad gas... So, we are now newly into a bag of pacific stream and I THINK I am seeing more goopy eye boogers. I like this food but am disappointed that we can only use 2 of the 4 flavors due to lamb and the gas it causes.... But I'm not sure if I like what seems to be new eye boogers on this flavor - anyone else notice this? (Ruby has no known allergies)
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 17th, 2010, 11:07 am

try adding Missing Link or Solid Gold Sea Meal to the food. That has made a big difference in eye boogers here.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hundilein » October 17th, 2010, 11:14 am

Renee has been on TOTW Wetlands formula for over a year now and has not had any problems with eye boogers. She's never had an issue with runny eyes though (knock on wood!), itchy skin was her problem.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 17th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Inara's been on both the Fowl (appropriately named due to the FOUL gas it gave her!) and the High Prairie for several months now - 6 maybe? I haven't noticed any extra eye boogies.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » October 17th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Same here, both of mine eat it and don't have eye boogs :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby copperlegend » October 17th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Nadia was on the TOTW Wetlands for a while, we just switched to whichever one is bison. Her eye boogies aren't as bad, though I could just be imagining it. I never thought the 2 were related until I saw this post so it could just be a coincidence :)
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » October 17th, 2010, 10:05 pm

That's interesting, Sophie and Dozer are both on TOTW, Sophie is booger free and Dozer gets some really goopy pure white eye boogers. Gross!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby HappyPuppy » October 18th, 2010, 12:36 pm

LMM wrote:That's interesting, Sophie and Dozer are both on TOTW, Sophie is booger free and Dozer gets some really goopy pure white eye boogers. Gross!

Thanks for your replies, guys.

LMM -- Which flavor?
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » October 18th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Oh sorry! The fowl one.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitsnok » October 18th, 2010, 1:57 pm

I haven't noticed much of an eye boog difference, but Harlow's tear stains seem to be getting better since we switched to TOTW from Wellness Core. We are feeding the prairie as well. (what's crazy is that her gas is practically non-existant now, too!)
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby call2arms » October 18th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Just a tought here, but heavier eye secretions can be a sign of mild allergies (Jack gets eye boogers at the same tme as I get hay fever - it stops once the season is over). Pretty sure it could possibly relate to some ingredients in food, too. Adding Omega 3's (even in food that's fish based or contains added omega 3's) can help relieve mild eye allergies, if it's the case.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies