TDI APBT

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Rolex+Deebo » October 13th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Ok, this is a question, and a rant.
Rant:
I was having a great day, Got done at work at 4, and decided that it was a nice day to take the pups to the park. I get home, get the mail, and the TDI stuff came!!! I got all exited, opend it up, and what does it say on the ID card under breed? efing MIXED BREED!!! Well that ruined my mood. I know that it sounds SOO stupid, but I wanted to cry. I was so exited to start therapy work with her, and now I'm like WTF. I don't get it. Im just supper annoyed, and let down. OK, done ranting.
Question:
Any of you have a TDI on you APBT? if so, does it say APBT or mixed breed? Should I call them and complain? I don't feel like spending money on an organization that can't even recognize my breed. I know its suppose to be about hepling people, but for me it is 50/50. Helping people, and showing APBT in a positive light. IDK I guess Im just bummed, feel stupid to be this POd over something so small, but I just cant help it.

Ok thank you for listening(reading LOL)
PS: we still went to the park. lol
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » October 14th, 2010, 2:17 am

We had TDI's on Connor and Ruby for a time, and Michelle was quite active with Ruby, who is an ideal therapy dog. Then typical dog politics reared it's head and two morons who aren't qualified to pick up dog crap from my yard notified TDI that Ruby was "exposed to bitework" (Michelle used to do OB with her while other dogs were working) and thus "dangerous" so TDI pulled her certification. TDI refused to provide the source of the complaint (we confirmed it face to face with said morons) and TDI wouldn't hear anything from us.

Basically, smurf TDI. There are other organizations out there and multiple therapy certs are never a bad thing.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 14th, 2010, 7:07 am

I've heard other people complain that they didn't put down APBT as breed. Isn't TDI also the one that no longer accepts raw-fed dogs or any dog living in a household with a raw-fed dog?

Go with Bright & Beautiful - Inara's therapy ID says "American Pit Bull Terrier" loud and proud on it. lol

Regardless, congrats on the certification. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » October 14th, 2010, 10:42 am

Delta is the one that no longer allows raw fed dogs.

And, yes, I would request a new card.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » October 14th, 2010, 11:48 am

Well I just got off of the phone with them, and they are fixing it. The lady if I put that on my papers, um yes I did. And then she asked if she is a thoroughbred dog, well she is purebred with papers and all. So she will send me a new one. lol
Now can I have multiple therapy certs? Cuz I know I cant work for more then one at a time, so I dont know if I can test with another one.

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 16th, 2010, 2:43 pm

I worked through them with my oldest and yes, getting the right breed on the card when you have an APBT seems to be a common problem. I have a thread on PBF where others also complained about this same issue and cards never did get fixed.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Rolex+Deebo » October 16th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Great! :(
Well unfortunately for them, I don't mind being a complete pain in the ass when it comes to my dogs. lol
So my will be fixed damn it.

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 16th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Rolex+Deebo wrote:Great! :(
Well unfortunately for them, I don't mind being a complete pain in the ass when it comes to my dogs. lol
So my will be fixed damn it.
That is what I did too LOL
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » October 17th, 2010, 9:49 am

You can go to visits with multiple dogs if you test with the dogs together. You can have certifications on multiple dogs as well, for separate visits.

I had a horrible experience with them when Ruby was removed, so while they are good when they are good. If you start to have any problems, don't expect them to be fair or even logical. I experienced neither.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » October 20th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Well, I got my new card today!!
And it proudly says that my APBT is a
American Staffordshire Terrier
lmfao! :rolleyes2:
SO... they will have a very unpleasant call tomorrow morning.
Since I clearly wrote on the papers, and told the lady like 100 times that she is an APBT.
By the time they decide that fighting with me is not good for them, I will have 5 efin cards!
I don't care, I don't plan on doing therapy work till next year, so I still have a couple of months
to fight with them over this crap. :neener:
I almost want to ask "Is this a bad joke, or are you people that efin stupid?"
:hammer:

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » October 20th, 2010, 8:15 pm

You'll be getting a new card next year. lol

Oh and they may only use AKC breeds, so you might be stuck with AmStaff.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » October 20th, 2010, 8:25 pm

mnp13 wrote:You'll be getting a new card next year. lol

Oh and they may only use AKC breeds, so you might be stuck with AmStaff.

oh I know, but I want it to be clear from the beginning that will not let them hide my breed.
And there are people with TDI who have APBT as the breed. I think its all in who does it in the office.
They are really not going to like me.
And if they pull this again for the 2011 card.... :rant: :grind: :pissed: :bite: ....is all I have to say bout that.
lol

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk