Riggs, just before his suicide attempt

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby mnp13 » October 5th, 2010, 10:25 pm

call2arms wrote:Thanks for the forum address!

:oops: sorry, the thread was better than just the address, because there was more info there. :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby chewbecca » October 6th, 2010, 8:29 am

Hey! I've been a member of Nikon Cafe for a while now.

And I've been actually thinking about how I need to go back there and apologize for crapping out on my 52 week project (but the more you participate in those things, the more you realize there are a LOT of people who end up crapping out on them), but I got really busy and was unable to take photos every week for the project.

I've since fallen out of paying super attention to technique, and just resorted to snapping photos of my animals.
It happens when you get busy in life. :mrgreen:
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » October 7th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Crazy Riggs!

OT - but is there ANY hope for moving my Dad's 2 older Canons (one from the 70s and one from the 80s?) - I think there is one long lens and maybe a smaller one. I don't even know where to start, that is if there is any sort of market left for them... (???)
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » October 7th, 2010, 5:07 pm

here there isn't really anyway. I tried to sell some stuff consignment and got no interest. I've sold some of it via a craigslist type thing but like a camera + lens for $40, so not much significant :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » October 7th, 2010, 10:33 pm

The cameras or the lenses? The cameras are more a curiosity unless they are the high high end ones. And even then, not much. The lenses might be worth something if they are good ones, but honestly, Canon is not "known" for its optics. (And that's not a Nikon vs Canon comment, it's just fact.) Nikkor lenses (the brand name for Nikon lenses) have long standing quality recognition, even for lenses 20 and 30 years old. And even with Nikkor lenses, the best "classics" are less than $100 unless they are the big ones.

Send me the lens info in a PM and I can give you an idea, but unless they are something really good, you're probably looking at under $100 as well. Honestly, unless you have a huge need for $100, I'd keep them because you can not replace them for that money. Well, that is if you have a Canon camera that the lenses will mount to, if not, they are just gathering dust anyway.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Ino » October 11th, 2010, 2:00 pm

That would have had me totally freaking if Ino ever did that. His bulky butt definately would get injured if he tried jumping off a boat. I am glad Riggs is ok!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 16th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Great pict, but I don't know if it was worth all that trouble :crazy2: LOL. I'm glad you are all OK!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Gallery and Cinema