Jasmine Jay

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby hugapitbull » September 29th, 2010, 8:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm sure she figures that if YOU are eating it, then SHE should eat it!

We want to see pics of this :neener:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » September 29th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Jasmine is doing well. She's coughing a little more but she seems to be in good spirits.
We lowered her dose of prednisone yesterday, so I am closely watching her breathing to see if there is a difference. So far it seems to be a little louder.

And of course she's sharing our dinner! (well, she has been for 13 years now! ;))

She even helped herself to two beefsticks Phil left out on the table today.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby CinderDee » September 29th, 2010, 11:36 pm

She even helped herself to two beefsticks Phil left out on the table today.

Good for her! lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » September 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Well, Jaz is back up to her higher dose of prednisone.
She had a very bad night last night. We let her come upstairs to the bedroom and I think it was too much for her. She wanted to be in the bed but couldn't get comfortable and had some bad breathing/coughing attacks. I put her on the floor and she finally settled.
Phil had a Daddy&Jazzy day and she seems to be doing better today.
She's breathing loudly but not struggling like she was last night.

This is so hard. :( I didn't sleep much last night.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 30th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Hang in there. Some days will be good and some won't. We will just keep our good thoughts going for her!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » September 30th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Lots of PBT :goodthoughts: on the way for Jasmine and you :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » September 30th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Ditto what Joyce said.

Still sending my daily good thoughts for beautiful Jasmine.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby hugapitbull » September 30th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Hugs to you and Phil. This is very hard. Listen to your heart and follow Jazzie's lead. Enjoy each moment.

Sending all the good thoughts I can find. Gentle nuzzles to Jasmine.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby CinderDee » October 1st, 2010, 8:59 am

I'm sorry, Allie. It's such a roller coaster. I found the best thing to do is take it a day at a time as every moment with them is a blessing. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 1st, 2010, 10:09 am

We're all right here with you. Give her some bum scritches from me.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » October 1st, 2010, 10:15 am

I think you should go buy more beef sticks and leave them out for her... :smileUp: Whatever makes her happy, right?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » October 2nd, 2010, 1:06 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Well, Jaz is back up to her higher dose of prednisone.
She had a very bad night last night. We let her come upstairs to the bedroom and I think it was too much for her. She wanted to be in the bed but couldn't get comfortable and had some bad breathing/coughing attacks. I put her on the floor and she finally settled.
Phil had a Daddy&Jazzy day and she seems to be doing better today.
She's breathing loudly but not struggling like she was last night.

This is so hard. :( I didn't sleep much last night.

It's really hard and it doesn't get easier, let me tell you. However, you do have the whole of PBT behind you so hopefully it lightens the load even if just a tiny bit.

TheRedQueen wrote:I think you should go buy more beef sticks and leave them out for her... :smileUp: Whatever makes her happy, right?

I agree with this statement :p Those old ladies can get super picky! At least with the pred it should help keep her appetite up - personally if it's the higher dose that it takes to make her comfy, so be it. Given her age and her condition IMO it's not like steroids can really make things worse and if it makes it better than that is what is the most important. She's so lucky to have you guys taking care of her. Give her some loves from me!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 2nd, 2010, 9:39 am

Jasmine is not doing very well. She's having a hard time settling but will willingly get up for water and to eat (a bit) and go out. She came upstairs on her own last night to sleep in bed with us but I had to carry her back down this morning. Her breathing is not good-- loud and raspy and she seems to have something going on in her abdomen. She has a more pot-bellied appearance (but for some reason it seems to come and go), not sure if it is organ enlargement or fluid. I'm struggling with this because she is aware of herself and us and what's going on around her. She wags her tail, begs for our food and growls at the other dogs like normal. She's still taking her pill in peanutbutter with no problem.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby hugapitbull » October 2nd, 2010, 10:08 am

From my experience on the Tripawd forum, as they start to decline, it isn't unusual to have bad days. At that point they begin to make decisions based on whether the number of good days outweigh the bad. This is also the point where they begin to do things like carry her upstairs to keep from putting that strain on her breathing. It is a personal decision at this point based on quality of life. You will know when it is time to stop fighting. I've heard so many of the tripawds group say they just 'knew' it was time.

More hug and good thoughts coming your way.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 2nd, 2010, 10:19 am

I'm sending so many good thoughts your way. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 2nd, 2010, 11:05 am

Thank you.
I've been told by many people that Jasmine will tell me when it is time and if I'm struggling because I'm not sure, then it isn't time yet.
I really hope this is the case. I certainly know she's not giving up yet.
I just still keep hoping she will go restfully in her sleep. Is this naive of me?

:(
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby airwalk » October 2nd, 2010, 12:15 pm

Follow your heart and her lead. Please give Jasmine a gentle hug from us.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 2nd, 2010, 12:16 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:I've been told by many people that Jasmine will tell me when it is time

Both Katy and Samantha told me when it was their time and it really helped me to make that last decision for them.

and if I'm struggling because I'm not sure, then it isn't time yet

I was struggling and unsure right up to the very end with both Katy and Sam, but I let them tell me they were done and I listened to what they wanted. You'll probably always have questions and doubts as to whether you waited too long or made the decision too soon -- but, you will eventually find the balance and trust in yourself to be at peace with your decision.

I just still keep hoping she will go restfully in her sleep. Is this naive of me?

No. Towards Katy's end time, I would hope every night that she wouldn't wake up in the morning, and just pass peacefully in her sleep. She was in so much pain, yet just would NOT give up and fought hard every day -- I wanted her struggle to end peacefully and quietly at home, surrounded by her pack and family.

Keep an eye on the behaviour of your other dogs, too. The last week Katy was with us, Indy was extremely attentive towards her and never left her side. Katy always used to clean Shorty up after they ate dinner -- she would lick Shorty's face and ears until she sparkled, LOL. The few days before Katy passed, Shorty would clean Katy the same way, and she had never done that for Katy before that time.

I'm sorry. I know it's SO hard. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » October 2nd, 2010, 2:31 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Thank you.
I've been told by many people that Jasmine will tell me when it is time and if I'm struggling because I'm not sure, then it isn't time yet.
I really hope this is the case. I certainly know she's not giving up yet.

:(

Not naive at all... :(
Keeping you all in my thoughts. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » October 2nd, 2010, 3:37 pm

Marinepits wrote:

No. Towards Katy's end time, I would hope every night that she wouldn't wake up in the morning, and just pass peacefully in her sleep. She was in so much pain, yet just would NOT give up and fought hard every day -- I wanted her struggle to end peacefully and quietly at home, surrounded by her pack and family.

I had the same thoughts for Sophie towards the end of her life. One morning she woke up and was immediately whining with pain, I apologized to her that she woke up that morning and told her that if she wanted to go back to sleep and drift off she could. That evening is when we decided it was time.

I'm so sorry for you, I know how hard it is, everyone is right though Jasmine will tell you when it's time and you will feel it. :hug3:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer