My new journey begins...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » September 30th, 2010, 11:13 am

madremissy wrote:...My Travis. Without him it would not have been possible...

Well, you know how to thank HIM. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » September 30th, 2010, 11:45 am

madremissy wrote:Thanks Ino's mommy (sorry I don't know your name )

Thats ok, Missy- my name is Kim. I don't know about your area specifically or your schedule, but some fire departments and ambulance corps (depending on how they do it by you- in NY- paramedics had an ambulance corp (volunteer) and fire dept (also volunteer) but in Fl- you become a paramedic or fire medic and both are paid and both operate out of the fire dept) take in volunteers and will help pay for school. It may be beneficial even if they don't help pay because if you have questions during schooling, you can ask and you can gain some experience on ride alongs before the clinicals start. A few of my friends here are fire medics, and I can tell you- the job still excites them even after quite a few years. I guess it is one career that does not get redundant.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » September 30th, 2010, 12:01 pm

Thanks Kim :) I never thought about that. I know I couldn't work at a FF as a paramedic ( I don't think I could pass the FF test ) but maybe once I start school I can do some ride alongs. I live in a small community but I am going to go around and ask all the full time and volunteer fire departments about it. Thanks for the advice. I have to go through all the levels. EMT-Basic EMT-Intermediate and then EMT-Paramedic.
My main goal is after I get the experience is to work in the ER at a hospital. I know I will have to pay my dues on the road first. :D You never know, I just might like the road. :dance:

Joyce, don't worry. I have that taken care of. :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » September 30th, 2010, 4:20 pm

madremissy wrote:Joyce, don't worry. I have that taken care of. :wink:

Ok...so I guess we won't be texting tonight. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » October 3rd, 2010, 2:43 am

Awww Missy!! I am SO happy for you! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » October 6th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Started today. I am going to love this program. Not only do I get to work in the ER and on the ambulances, I get to work with some pretty hot fireman. I AM the oldest person in my class but it doesn't mean I can't look at the scenery. Who knew this class was going to have so many perks. :dance:
madremissy

Postby airwalk » October 7th, 2010, 12:43 am

I've decided that when you get to our age, we actually know how to appreciate that scenery for it's....ummm...ummmm....artistic value, that's it!
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » October 7th, 2010, 9:31 am

airwalk wrote:I've decided that when you get to our age, we actually know how to appreciate that scenery for it's....ummm...ummmm....artistic value, that's it!

EXACTLY!!!!
madremissy

Previous

Return to Off-Topic