THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » September 19th, 2010, 10:47 pm

We're facing thousands upon thousands of dollars in surgery and rehab bills for Connor's knee and I still want to go to a dog show with Riggs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2010, 5:52 am

SvcDogSawyer wrote:!. I have no pants on while I'm typing this.

Any particular reason or is that better said on "another forums" confession thread? 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 20th, 2010, 7:35 am

If you ever meet John, you'll understand. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2010, 11:12 am

Will he be wearing pants? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » September 20th, 2010, 12:40 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Will he be wearing pants? :popcorn2:

You never know....
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby copperlegend » September 20th, 2010, 1:26 pm

I used the puppies as an excuse for not going to the gym once in the last 2 weeks :(

cleaning up puppy poop must burn calories, right??
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » September 20th, 2010, 1:52 pm

I'm usually a pretty upbeat person if a little colorful at times. However, I'm very sad and defeated today. Another dog we are trying to help is likely going down today because he hit his third strike.

It might sounds bad to say but it makes it so much easier if I've never met them. But I did meet him and he's a gorgeous boy who wasn't treated nicely and is now fearful. Ef.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » September 20th, 2010, 10:12 pm

LMM wrote:I'm usually a pretty upbeat person if a little colorful at times. However, I'm very sad and defeated today. Another dog we are trying to help is likely going down today because he hit his third strike.

It might sounds bad to say but it makes it so much easier if I've never met them. But I did meet him and he's a gorgeous boy who wasn't treated nicely and is now fearful. Ef.

I don't know how you do it.............for the ones you save, I guess.....
Bless You......
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby BullyLady » September 29th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Even though he's only been missing a week, I'm pretty sure my Sterling is dead. I feel bad, like I should have more faith, because I know cats sometimes go missing for months and then come home like nothing happened. But I'm having trouble with hope.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » September 29th, 2010, 9:43 pm

BullyLady wrote:Even though he's only been missing a week, I'm pretty sure my Sterling is dead. I feel bad, like I should have more faith, because I know cats sometimes go missing for months and then come home like nothing happened. But I'm having trouble with hope.

I am so sorry that you are losing hope to see Sterling again. We had a dog in our shelter that was missing for 5 years and finally made it back to his owner!!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SassyCassie » September 30th, 2010, 8:29 am

SLS61185 wrote: I also don't babysit him while he's out in the backyard. He goes outside by himself for as long as he wants. Yes, I check on him. Yes it's fenced in. Yes he wares his collar and tags while he's out there. I've typed up 3 different posts about it, and have deleted it because I'm not very nice. Just typing this I took some stuff out because of it.

Maybe i missed the earlier notice - why is this a problem?

The only time i babysit my girl out in the yard is when she's in heat (its a bitch in the winter when im in my jammies and she wants out at midnight)
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby SassyCassie » September 30th, 2010, 8:36 am

plebayo wrote:- My imagination tends to runaway with me a lot... if I watch a scary movie I have to turn all the lights on when I head to bed, just to get to my room, then I quickly shut the door and get into bed. It really freaks me out when my dogs growl in their sleep because then I start thinking they might be seeing ghosts and then it reaaally gets me freaked out.

You are not alone. We had something creepy in our last house, and we don't talk about it b/c we are afraid it will find us again. I also passed my vivid imagination along to at least a couple of my kids.

And when i first got Cassie, there was one night she was lying sound asleep on the couch, woke up and started STARING into one corner of the room and growling. Totally freaked me out.
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby SassyCassie » September 30th, 2010, 8:47 am

BullyLady wrote:Even though he's only been missing a week, I'm pretty sure my Sterling is dead. I feel bad, like I should have more faith, because I know cats sometimes go missing for months and then come home like nothing happened. But I'm having trouble with hope.

One of our cats drove his brother away when they got into their hormone stage. We looked everywhere for him, asked our neighbors to look, asked the dog warden to keep an eye out.............nothing.

One morning i was driving my son to school and we saw the cat in the cemetery down the street. We had to stop, and we got a great look at him - it was our cat. But it had been 8 months, and he would not come to us, and we have seen him a few times since, and he has definitely 'gone wild' but he is alive at least. (The guy who owns land behind the cemetary has sheds, pallets, tons of junk and the cat must have a good burrow, b/c he has survived one winter already.) We are hoping once it snow we can track him and try to lure him back home again

so don't lose hope yet :)
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 30th, 2010, 9:32 am

SassyCassie wrote:
SLS61185 wrote: I also don't babysit him while he's out in the backyard. He goes outside by himself for as long as he wants. Yes, I check on him. Yes it's fenced in. Yes he wares his collar and tags while he's out there. I've typed up 3 different posts about it, and have deleted it because I'm not very nice. Just typing this I took some stuff out because of it.

Maybe i missed the earlier notice - why is this a problem?

The only time i babysit my girl out in the yard is when she's in heat (its a bitch in the winter when im in my jammies and she wants out at midnight)

Generally it's a problem because if your dog gets out of the yard, it's a fluffy red dog running around. When it's a bull breed it's a "vicious Pit Bull" I wish it was the same, but it really isn't when it comes down to it. One of our members had a dog run off and in the two minutes it took her to catch up, the dog was shot three times. Thankfully "only" with a bb gun, honestly yes, I think breed plays into that. My parent's idiot Standard Poodle harasses their neighbors - she goes to their house and stands in their driveway and barks at them - and people ignore her. If Ruby charged doing the same thing, I don't think the reaction would be the same.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » October 1st, 2010, 10:06 am

:sad2: I really hate Sept, so much sadness in my life has happen in Sept. :sad2:
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » October 3rd, 2010, 12:29 pm

Here are a couple...

1. I really, really am beginning to hate the phrase..."it's all in how they're raised/treated"...when it comes to pit bulls.

2. I'm secretly happy that Sawyer decided that he loved John the best...because he's never really been *my* dog...he's always been on the outskirts of my affections in the pack. He truly doesn't think John can survive without his help...so it's perfect. John needs help, and Sawyer worries...perfect pairing.

3. I like to read my paperback books in the shower. Which is one reason why I like to buy used books.

4. I really hate two of the rabbits I have now...that got pawned off on me recently...but I feel like a horrible person to take them to the shelter to find a new home (they're really not nice rabbits...so I'm afraid they'll be euth'd)

5. I still marvel at the fact that there is a being that wants nothing more than to be with me...just be with me, no matter what I'm doing or not doing...Inara just follows me everywhere, and when I turn and she catches my eye, she gives me big googly eyes and a huge smile.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 3rd, 2010, 2:23 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:3. I like to read my paperback books in the shower. Which is one reason why I like to buy used books.

Like, in the shower, not the tub? How do you read in the shower? Reading in the tub I totally get, but the shower?

TheRedQueen wrote:5. I still marvel at the fact that there is a being that wants nothing more than to be with me...just be with me, no matter what I'm doing or not doing...Inara just follows me everywhere, and when I turn and she catches my eye, she gives me big googly eyes and a huge smile.

I thought you were going to say John... :giggle: But that's how I feel about my Inara as well.

And just as a side note, if I lived with you I would totally follow you everywhere and give you googly eyes and a huge smile.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby LMM » October 3rd, 2010, 6:04 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Here are a couple...

1. I really, really am beginning to hate the phrase..."it's all in how they're raised/treated"...when it comes to pit bulls.

Ditto.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sentiment. I just believe it to be misguided/misinformed/naive. I guess I'd still rather hear that, along with people lamenting about how they get such a bad rap, than people recoiling in horror at their mere mention. Some middle ground would be nice.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby SvcDogSawyer » October 3rd, 2010, 6:13 pm

I have pants on this time.
I really can lift my head to look into women's eyes, I just choose to look straight ahead. Eyes just aren't as much fun to look at.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby SvcDogSawyer » October 3rd, 2010, 6:30 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:And just as a side note, if I lived with you I would totally follow you everywhere and give you googly eyes and a huge smile.

If you lived here too I'd never look up again, I'd have googly eyes and a :o all the time. Not saying I don't now, it would just be twice as hard(to look up).
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic