thoughts and prayers needed

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » September 29th, 2010, 10:41 am

I just got a call for my first session with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, normally new photographers go to a session or two before they go on their own, but I'm the only one available today. I'm prepared... or as prepared as I can be with going in a bit blind.

I've done weddings and other events, but frankly, even those pictures have a "second chance" I have never shot under truly "one chance" conditions.

It was an unexpected loss, so a slightly different situation than some.

But I can use all of the good, supportive thoughts that you can send... I'll be there around noon.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 29th, 2010, 11:04 am

Good luck!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » September 29th, 2010, 11:10 am

Oh, you will do GREAT! They are lucky to have you as their photographer!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » September 29th, 2010, 11:22 am

I never heard of that organization before, so I had to google it. Sounds like they do an amazing service for people during a very hard time. Good thoughts for you today and I am sure the pictures will be a great memory for the family. You take amazing photographs.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » September 29th, 2010, 11:31 am

Good luck!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 29th, 2010, 11:39 am

You can do it Michelle!! :rock:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » September 29th, 2010, 11:51 am

Believe in yourself. You can do this.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 29th, 2010, 11:56 am

Wow - I'm sure you'll be torn between sorrow for the families and joy that you're providing them with such a gift. You'll do great.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Emi » September 29th, 2010, 12:06 pm

You'll do great, and what a precious thing for the parents to have.

I wish they had some thing like this 18 years ago!

Cause exactly 18 years ago today I lost my baby girl, she's a Angel now, being watched over by her Grandparents and other love ones until I can hold her.

I know and feel these people sorrow and grief.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 29th, 2010, 1:21 pm

Emi, I'm sorry for your loss. What happened to you is how the organization was started actually. I decided to apply after my friend lost her baby in her 6th month, and her only photograph of her little girl is a polaroid taken by a nurse. When I happened across this group, I thought of her and went through the review process to be approved to work.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » September 29th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Good luck!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby BullyLady » September 29th, 2010, 3:05 pm

I'm a little late to the game but lots of good thoughts are headed your way anyways!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby mnp13 » September 29th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Done and home, about to start going through images. It went pretty well I think. Thanks for the well wishes.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » September 29th, 2010, 3:23 pm

mnp13 wrote:Emi, I'm sorry for your loss. What happened to you is how the organization was started actually. I decided to apply after my friend lost her baby in her 6th month, and her only photograph of her little girl is a polaroid taken by a nurse. When I happened across this group, I thought of her and went through the review process to be approved to work.

Thank you Michelle.

And i'm sorry to hear about your friends loss to.

And its a wonderful thing your doing, and this group is doing.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Hoyden » September 29th, 2010, 4:47 pm

I think it's totally awesome that you are doing that Michelle.

My friend Donna had twins, one was fine, the other wasn't. The group that came in and took the photographs of the dying baby and the family gave them a gift that has meant the world to them. It has helped them to cope with the loss of their child/sibling/twin and helped them to heal.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby hugapitbull » September 29th, 2010, 6:16 pm

That is an awesome thing to do, Michelle. It takes a special person.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TinaMartin » September 30th, 2010, 9:21 am

Michelle it takes a special person to be able to do something like this.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » September 30th, 2010, 12:23 pm

hugapitbull wrote:That is an awesome thing to do, Michelle. It takes a special person.
X10
I went through their site and was amazed at the requirements :o
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 30th, 2010, 7:23 pm

I had to send in 15 different pieces of work for review - three examples of 5 different types of lighting. Fill out an application, and they also review your website and want references. But considering the work you're doing they have to be selective, you only get one try to do the sessions, and if the photos come out poorly that is all the family will have. Of course, they are happy for anything, but at the same time, there is very high level of work to live up to.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » October 1st, 2010, 10:03 am

Well, I'm much more relaxed now. I'm about half way through the processing of the images, and have posted them on the NILMDTS forum and received a number of comments from other photographers on things to fix and things that I did right. It's a huge load off.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic