It's not enough that my cat is missing, someone SHOT my dog!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby BullyLady » September 28th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Yea, SHOT HER.

Some of you who are on my Facebook know that my male kitty is missing, for a week today. He's an indoor/outdoor kitty, young though (I don't think he wandered off to die or anything), and is super reliable to come home for foods. I've been out through the neighborhood and we are going to the shelter every day. I miss my baby boy....

Then, TODAY. Ugh.... I took Shelby with me to check the shelter and pick up my hubby, no leash from the front door to the car. We do this often, it's never been an issue. In two years, never an issue. Today she got a bee in her bonnet and instead of going from the car back to the house she ran. I called for her and chased a little bit, then ran back to the house to get a collar and leash (yea, yea, I'm a crap mom for letting her be naked.... collars are making her skin allergies act up) she was out of sight for two minutes MAXIMUM. I ran back and she was fence fighting with a really aggressive black lab that lives around the corner. I got her, took her back home and kenneled her so I could calm down.

Later I was giving her her medicated bath and I noticed her skin was a little irritated and raised, but not in a normal allergy area. I though, gosh it's awful late for a tick, and squeezed on the raised spot. All of a sudden a gold BB pops out and runs down the drain. I tried to grab it but my hands were soapy. :nono: As I continued washing her I found TWO MORE round spots in her skin. Someone shot her THREE TIMES!! In two minutes!!

I checked with my hubby and brother (my brother lives with us) and no one has left her unsupervised lately, it must have happened when she was running for two minutes today. The spots haven't even scabbed over yet, so I'm sure that's when it happened.

Whoever did this better hope I never find out who they are (though I have a good idea who it was), because if I find out for sure who it was they will be meeting the business end of my gun. And I don't have BB guns, only real ones. Fucker.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TinaMartin » September 28th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I'm sorry for what happened to Shelby. I think it was Erin who got a hemp collar for one of her dogs for allergy issues.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BullyLady » September 28th, 2010, 10:37 pm

TinaMartin wrote:I'm sorry for what happened to Shelby. I think it was Erin who got a hemp collar for one of her dogs for allergy issues.

It doesn't have to do with the fabric of the collar, Shelby has a lot of extra saggy skin on her neck and a collar gathers it all together, this then allows yeast to grow in the folds. I will be using a slip lead when we go tomorrow.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » September 28th, 2010, 10:45 pm

:shock:

Is Shelby okay??? :sad2:

That's one of my biggest fears... that one of mine takes off. Everyone around me owns guns... the real ones. Not a lot of Pit lovers in my neighboorhood either, and fence fighting would definitely make someone spazz out and possibly take a shot... ugh.
I check my fence and gates religiously every morning and every night, and I have ordered hemp collars for Allergy-Faust, because even in the yard I'm a tad paranoid about letting him go nekkid... just in case... :neutral:

I also don't EVER trust mine w/out a leash once we leave my property... too many off-leash dogs in my neighborhood, and too many "what ifs" in my head.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » September 28th, 2010, 10:51 pm

amazincc wrote:Is Shelby okay??? :sad2:

She's fine, she just has three perfectly round holes in her side and the skin is really irritated around them.

Makes me think probably Sterling got shot, but he's much smaller and they may have gone farther in and now he's dead somewhere.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TinaMartin » September 28th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Still hoping your kitty is just hiding somewhere. Gator has the neck wrinkles so his all the time collar is loose. He goes out on a different one.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amazincc » September 28th, 2010, 10:58 pm

BullyLady wrote:

She's fine, she just has three perfectly round holes in her side and the skin is really irritated around them.

Makes me think probably Sterling got shot, but he's much smaller and they may have gone farther in and now he's dead somewhere.

Sending tons of good thoughts his way... and hoping for his safe return home. :(
Did you file a police report???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby furever_pit » September 29th, 2010, 12:01 am

Poor Shelbs. :(

I really hope Sterling makes it home soon. Maybe he just got scared by something and isn't quite sure how to get back from where he went into hiding. I'm thinking of y'all.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » September 29th, 2010, 12:20 am

BullyLady wrote:
It doesn't have to do with the fabric of the collar, Shelby has a lot of extra saggy skin on her neck and a collar gathers it all together, this then allows yeast to grow in the folds.

Have you tried a harness?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby plebayo » September 29th, 2010, 12:46 am

I hope you find your kitty soon. People make me so mad, a client brought her cat in, she found him under her house - he was missing for 5 days. His hind end wasn't working, we took xrays tonight and someone shot him in the spine :( People just make me so sick, i'm glad it was just bbs and doesn't sound like they did too much damage. Keep us posted on your kitty!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby BullyLady » September 29th, 2010, 3:37 am

amazincc wrote:Did you file a police report???

I did. Since I don't know who did it it had to be filed as "mischief making" instead of animal abuse, but at least it's on file.

As for trying a harness, it's okay for her to be naked while she's in the house all day, we don't need it then. She eats on the porch on a tie out, so she wears her collar then, I will just also put the collar on her when we go to the car now as well. Luckily that isn't very often.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » September 29th, 2010, 6:04 am

Geez!!!! :shock: :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 29th, 2010, 7:12 am

Oh no! Poor Shelby! I hope you find the bastard who did that. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sterling - when I was young, my cat disappeared for 2 weeks and I would have sworn he was dead. He came swaggering back home one night, just as full of himself as he could be. So hopefully Sterling is just out galivanting and wooing the ladies.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amalie79 » September 29th, 2010, 9:43 am

People suck. :mad2: Glad she seems ok, though.

I've had several cats-- especially the boys-- disappear for days or weeks, especially if the weather is at any kind of extreme. One cat was gone 2 weeks during a snow storm. He decided to wait for a total thaw, apparently. We recently couldn't find one of our cats-- a very reliable eater. As my neighbor said, they're good at hiding in plain sight. We eventually found her UNDER the chest freezer. It was warm near the motor and coils and she'd been scared. You never know with cats.

Good thoughts that Sterling returns unharmed!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 29th, 2010, 10:26 am

That sucks to hear! Poor Shelby.
Have you put up/passed out flyers? I know of two occasions where friends had cats that disapeared and it turned out that people had taken the cats inside thinking they were strays.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 29th, 2010, 9:56 pm

I hope the cat makes it back ok. Is he chipped?

And as for Shelby... now that she has taken off once she's bound to do it again, because she had fun. Maybe a larger martingale collar would be a possibility? One made at a different ratio than normal so that it can be really loose when it's loose, but be functional when you need a collar. Drop a note to Noel (hoyden), she did wonders for Riggs' neck.

I understand that a lot of people don't have collars on their dogs normally, but stories like this just freak me out. Dogs do do things "just once." That's why all of ours wear collars at all times, though I admit that they don't all have tags, a collar at least says "I'm owned by someone."

I don't, however, have collars on my cats. They both are indoor only and when I have put cat collars on them they have gotten out of them every time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » September 30th, 2010, 2:50 am

the other option is the scruff :| Most dogs respond well to it, Oscar's is kind of an impromptu collar, I use it when I answer the door and he's nekkid (we live next to 4 lanes of traffic).

I'm sorry she got shot, I'd be ticked too.

Wes says that if its just gone in under her skin, then it would probably do the same to your kitty, not enough force to go deep and hurt him, if its any comfort. Kitty come HOME!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BullyLady » September 30th, 2010, 5:15 am

mnp13 wrote:I hope the cat makes it back ok. Is he chipped?

Yup, and I had it flagged, and he has a collar though it's breakaway so probably gone.

Malli, yes that actually does help alot, thanks. :)

And let me just say it flat out, Shelby won't ever leave the house without a leash and collar again. She will remain naked in the house because it's quite secure, but she won't go out without a collar and leash again. If nothing else I learn from my mistakes.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby madremissy » September 30th, 2010, 6:26 am

Cathleen, I learned the very same lesson long ago with Kinzyl. I never trust her, even just going to the car to go for a ride.

I am sorry she got shot but I am so glad she is ok.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby SassyCassie » September 30th, 2010, 8:24 am

BullyLady wrote:

If he got shot, he may be hiding somewhere licking his wounds. I don't think a bb would kill him, unless it was a head shot. My husband shot a freakin' squirrel that keeps getting in our house out of the tree TWICE with the bb gun, and both times it bounced right back (but once he put the 22 barrel on instead, and got it in the head, it was a goner) It was the same one, he saw the marks from the first couple times he got it. If a squirrel can survive that, your baby kitty probably could too.
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk