"Blink" born with No Eyes...

Postby TheRedQueen » September 24th, 2010, 9:41 am

I have an adopter for her, and if it falls through for some reason, John has agreed that we can foster her until we do find her a home.

Now we just have to organize transport to the other side of the country! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » September 24th, 2010, 9:52 am

My gawd she is breathtakingly pretty-- gorgeous coat color and that smile!

If we didn't already have the 2 gals (and all the lady cats!), I'd take her in a heartbeat-- that's just more estrogen than this house can handle. I'm so glad she may have already found a home!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 24th, 2010, 11:04 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I have an adopter for her, and if it falls through for some reason, John has agreed that we can foster her until we do find her a home.

NICE!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » September 24th, 2010, 11:48 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I have an adopter for her, and if it falls through for some reason, John has agreed that we can foster her until we do find her a home.

Great transport here http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/index.php
These folks are pro's :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Ino » September 24th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Sounds like those people are real characters!! Asking for a home check- they have a lot of nerve :crazy2: . Glad her ordeal is almost over and she will be finding a good home. She is a beauty and I agree- she needs a good positive name :D !! That is so great of you to take her out of that mess she is in.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » September 24th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Bob, it's so great that you pimp PnP! I'm a member on their forum. Those people are so wonderful and generous! It's truly amazing that the pilots use money out of their own pockets to save dogs, not to mention their own time. Airplane fuel isn't cheap. PnP has generously transported dogs to Tammi (the rescue) a few times.

It looks like Laura may not be needing a flight. I will be fostering her, and I think Grace and I can figure out ground transport. I'm very excited!

I cannot WAIT to meet this girl!!!! I have many friends who are blind so a blind dog doesn't phase me in the least.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » September 24th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Wahooooo :confetti: :confetti: :confetti:

Laura is a very lucky girl. Great job girls for getting this girl out of a bad situation.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » September 24th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Where is she going?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » September 25th, 2010, 12:59 am

mnp13 wrote:

Where is she going?

She's going to be fostered with Angie.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » September 25th, 2010, 8:20 am

Oh. Did I miss something? I thought you said you had an adopter for her?

If she has a perminant home to go to, Why send her to foster somewhere? Then they still need to find a perminant home - and if the one that wants her now gets a different dog in the mean time (highly likely since we're not running out of Pit Bulls any time soon) then who knows when she'll find a home.

Doesn't make much sense to NOT put her in a full time home if one is open for her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » September 25th, 2010, 11:49 am

Ok. Nevermind. Evidently there are a lot of other things going on that are not on this thread. Quite frankly, I have the same opinion, but the decision of where the dog is going has been made. I hope everything works out!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ArtGypsy » September 25th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the Call, Michelle............ :D :smileUp:
Now you have a clear picture and we are getting this dog on to Angie's!

It was all a lot of miscommunicatio and I really didn't realize how this 'rescue-foster-
protocol operated.
((that and I was exhausted and tired and didn't really ask all the right questions at the time.))

------------so............now we have a Plan !! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Pit♥bull » September 25th, 2010, 12:23 pm

HappyChick wrote:Bob, it's so great that you pimp PnP! I'm a member on their forum.
I've been an admin on their board for quite some time.
It is amazing how generous these folks are, even the smallest of aircraft cost at least $50.00 an hour to operate.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » September 25th, 2010, 5:42 pm

OMG :shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

All expenses to get Our Little Girl to Illinois has been Paid In Full..............

I'll call and Reserve a Car Tomorrow...........

THANK YOU THANK You......
MY 104,000 Miles on the 4-runner would have had me scared to death the entire Way....

THANK YOU THANK YOU................
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby iluvk9 » September 25th, 2010, 7:58 pm

That is wonderful news. NOW RENAME THAT GIRL!!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » September 25th, 2010, 9:17 pm

iluvk9 wrote:That is wonderful news. NOW RENAME THAT GIRL!!!!!

Joyce - The director of the rescue asked me to name her after someone I admire. Blink's name is now Lauralei after my dear, dear friend Laura who is also blind and has accomplished some amazing things in her life.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 26th, 2010, 6:45 am

HappyChick wrote:
Joyce - The director of the rescue asked me to name her after someone I admire. Blink's name is now Lauralei after my dear, dear friend Laura who is also blind and has accomplished some amazing things in her life.

ACCKKKK! I LOVE IT!!! (And missed it in a previous post)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » September 26th, 2010, 8:06 am

HappyChick wrote:Joyce - The director of the rescue asked me to name her after someone I admire. Blink's name is now Lauralei after my dear, dear friend Laura who is also blind and has accomplished some amazing things in her life.

OMD, That is the most wonderful name ever!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby mnp13 » September 26th, 2010, 6:16 pm

So, what are your training plans for her? And are you going to have her for a while and then send her to the rescue, or are you keeping her until she finds another perminant home?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyChick » September 27th, 2010, 8:13 am

The rescue is a foster home based rescue so she will stay with me until a suitable permanent home is found. I do not work with rescues that take dogs from the shelter and put them back into pens at another facility.

I have a plan for training, but I don't want to discuss it because I'd rather not have it picked apart. I know there are people who are less than pleased with Lauralei coming to me.

My general plan for her is for her safety first. I am making modifications in my home to make it as safe as possible. I'm moving furniture and removing my glass top coffee table. I plan to do a tactile "road map" to help her navigate my home. I'll also be using bells and baby gates quite a bit more than I already do. In this case it's working to my advantage that I have lots of experience working with students who are blind and I have many blind friends. I already have a good grasp on accessibility, safety, and inclusion for people who are blind, so I believe that will help me work easier in a blind dog's world.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue