"Blink" born with No Eyes...

Postby copperlegend » September 23rd, 2010, 3:53 pm

She looks like a Mocha to me, or a Hazelnut, Hazy for short!

I am so glad she found you :)
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby HappyChick » September 23rd, 2010, 4:16 pm

I helped place a dog, Beau, in rescue awhile back. Beau was practically blind from a car accident as a pup. The foster mom said it took him only about one hour in her house before he knew where everything was and wasn't bumping into stuff. I'll bet Miss Chocolate girl will also adapt quickly. The bowling over stuff that you saw is probably just puppyfied goofiness. My dogs do it too.

You are going to do this girl a lot of good and vice versa! :D
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » September 23rd, 2010, 5:05 pm

Yeah..........I can only imagine ....she has never been really taken care of.
I believe she has been less than even "housed". >(

They want to come to my house and make sure it's okay....(the owner and her sister,who had 13 puppies to begin with)...
and too, though, I think their little boy loves her and already lost a dog earlier this year when a neighbor shot it. :sad2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby amazincc » September 23rd, 2010, 5:30 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:Yeah..........I can only imagine ....she has never been really taken care of.
They want to come to my house and make sure it's okay....(the owner and her sister,who had 13 puppies to begin with)...
and too, though, I think their little boy loves her and already lost a dog earlier this year when a neighbor shot it. :sad2:

You gotta love when the "responsibility gene" suddenly kicks in, especially when you are willing to "take the problem off their hands", free of charge and AFTER they have e-ffed up royally for over a year already... ugh. >( :mad2: :cuss:

I know you're going to be as sweet as pie, and put up w/all the crap... for the sake of rescuing the dog.
I also know how hard it's going to be to bite your tongue and keep your hands to yourself... :wink: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ArtGypsy » September 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm

amazincc wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:Yeah..........I can only imagine ....she has never been really taken care of.

You gotta love when the "responsibility gene" suddenly kicks in, especially when you are willing to "take the problem off their hands", free of charge and AFTER they have e-ffed up royally for over a year already... ugh. >( :mad2: :cuss:

I know you're going to be as sweet as pie, and put up w/all the crap... for the sake of rescuing the dog.
I also know how hard it's going to be to bite your tongue and keep your hands to yourself... :wink: lol

HA.
I almost blew that though...... :rolleyes2:
After I had talked to her on the phone about this doggies 12 brother's and sisters...a
and then the story about the aggressive momma dog "chained and LOCKED" in the garage with the puppies..
I just sat there , stroking 'Blink" and tried to keep the edge off my voice and asked"
"""What-IS-IT with all the Pit Bulls???? >( ' I asked if they knew that millions are dying in shelters because no one wants them; I said" Back yard breeders are the SCOURGE of Our Love For These Dogs...""".
ArtGypsy

Postby madremissy » September 23rd, 2010, 6:56 pm

She is Gorgeous!!!!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby HappyChick » September 23rd, 2010, 7:03 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:They want to come to my house and make sure it's okay....

So you don't actually have her yet? When do you get to take her out of that place??
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » September 23rd, 2010, 7:05 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
HA.
After I had talked to her on the phone about this doggies 12 brother's and sisters...a
and then the story about the aggressive momma dog "chained and LOCKED" in the garage with the puppies..
I just sat there , stroking 'Blink" and tried to keep the edge off my voice and asked"
"""What-IS-IT with all the Pit Bulls???? >( ' I asked if they knew that millions are dying in shelters because no one wants them; I said" Back yard breeders are the SCOURGE of Our Love For These Dogs...""".

Yeah, I know... it's SO frustrating... *sigh*

So... what's the plan for her? You need to find a suitable foster home or forever home and possibly help w/transport, I take it???
Let people know so they can work their magic!!!! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ArtGypsy » September 23rd, 2010, 7:18 pm

amazincc wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:
HA.

Yeah, I know... it's SO frustrating... *sigh*

So... what's the plan for her? You need to find a suitable foster home or forever home and possibly help w/transport, I take it???
Let people know so they can work their magic!!!! :wink:

Thanks Christine......I really need a suitable Foster or Forever Home for this Sweetie....I THINK I could have pulled off fostering her before I took this part time job ----this paycheck tomorrow has 102 hours and 1534 MILES on my record.
I think she would simply have to spend way too much time alone to benefit from being here with us.
PLEASE guys......if anyone can help me get this little girl to a foster/forever home, let me know.
I want so badly to be the one to keep/love her, but it would just be too much on my family right now.

*As I write this, I'm pulling on my shoes to head out the door for an emergency removal of a foster kiddo that's blown through another placement.....**
see you all later........
ArtGypsy

Postby amazincc » September 23rd, 2010, 7:42 pm

I'm going to e-mail some people, Grace... :) :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » September 23rd, 2010, 8:18 pm

The same rescue that helped me with Dozia (after the horrible situation with the first rescue) is now on the case! Tammi is putting Blink of her website and looking to see if she has a foster available and willing to take the beautiful girl! Tammi is extremely pit bull friendly and works with special needs dogs quite often.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » September 23rd, 2010, 8:24 pm

HappyChick wrote:The same rescue that helped me with Dozia (after the horrible situation with the first rescue) is now on the case! Tammi is putting Blink of her website and looking to see if she has a foster available and willing to take the beautiful girl! Tammi is extremely pit bull friendly and works with special needs dogs quite often.

Everthing crossed here in NC... :D :D :D

Awesome work, Angie!!! :confetti: :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

I've also got someone interested in adopting out here in MD...they put their Katrina dog down just recently, and want another rescue...Blink caught my friend's eye as a new dog for them.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » September 23rd, 2010, 10:15 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I've also got someone interested in adopting out here in MD...they put their Katrina dog down just recently, and want another rescue...Blink caught my friend's eye as a new dog for them.

YES!!
ArtGypsy

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2010, 10:34 pm

Honestly, there is no way on earth I would let them "check out" your house. Even if it was the only way to get her out of there. After the way they have treated this dog and their others, I would not have them anywhere near your home... you want them to have your address? No way, no how.

You are a saint, but don't open yourself up to that.

Keep us updated on the rest!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

I'm sending Blink out to my fosters to see if anyone can help or can think of someone who can.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » September 24th, 2010, 5:52 am

I can post her on www.gerdasanimalaid.org as a courtesy listing this weekend. It's based on the east coast but you never know! Our website just got switched, so give me a few days to get it going and put her on it.

And, FB seems to get MORE of our dogs adopted/fostered than anywhere else. So, PBT people with FB, start posting her!! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » September 24th, 2010, 7:10 am

I would just caution to do a THOROUGH screening of any Facebook inquiries. I've seen a lot of miracles happen on facebook but I've also seen a lot of nightmares. And I mean truly horrific nightmares. It's getting as bad as craigslist with the nutty people :(

Not that anyone here wouldn't thoroughly screen, I just had to throw that out there. It's been SO bad lately.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » September 24th, 2010, 7:40 am

LMM wrote:I would just caution to do a THOROUGH screening of any Facebook inquiries. I've seen a lot of miracles happen on facebook but I've also seen a lot of nightmares. And I mean truly horrific nightmares. It's getting as bad as craigslist with the nutty people :(

Not that anyone here wouldn't thoroughly screen, I just had to throw that out there. It's been SO bad lately.

Thanks for that reminder, Jen........ :D
:wave2: ............... :(
ArtGypsy

Postby HappyChick » September 24th, 2010, 8:08 am

I really should have been more clear last night. Tammi SPOKE for Blink. She had already done several things like putting out the word to her fosters, grabbing all the pictures to post on her site, etc. We had already talked about how we were going to get Blink here. She was going to start printing flyers to use at an event she is attending tomorrow. She has worked extensively with special needs dogs and very recently took a yellow lab from our shelter that has very sever HW. He is currently being treated at the Univ of WI.

Tammi has been a God send to us here. I've checked her out thoroughly. Her rescue is legitimate. She has no criminal background that I could find, and I know her maiden name and where she is originally from (she still has family there). She appears to have a great reputation with the news media in her area. She works with Pilots n Paws also. I also believe that she resently obtained her 501 c 3 status. I've seen her adoption application and contract. I will say that a lot of what I know about her comes from her website and FB (although FB is NOT how we found her), but I also found several newspaper articles about various dogs she has rescued. So far, she has not bailed on any dogs she's told us she would take. Can a rescue appear to be a good one and not be? Sure. You take that chance with just about any rescue.

That said, I asked Tammi to stop working on Blink's situation since Erin has an adopter for her. Adoption before rescue. Tammi was a little sad because she (and I) was looking forward to meeting this beautiful girl. We know the important thing is that Grace is helping this girl and one way or another, she will end up in a great home!
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue