Burger King Commerical.

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » September 19th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Tonight I seen a BK commerical where they had a mail man, with a "Pitbull and Rotty" pulling on him, the jinggle had some thing about Pitbulls and Rotty's, was rather offending at least to me.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby plebayo » September 20th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Found a video on Livejournal:

http://community.livejournal.com/petbulls/5106921.html

It looks like it's just two Pits in the video... the black dog is definitely not a Rotti.

I agree with what one person said, I don't expect much from fast food companies.

I don't know how to explain what I think they meant by using Rottweiler and Pit Bull - I think they were trying to use irony, like it was kind of a sarcastic remark, in fact I think the whole ad is kind of sarcastic as it targets what appears to be "lower class" people. Also after watching it again, I think the dogs are not only attacking him because he's a mail man, but maybe to get his breakfast, the people portrayed in the video are chill because they understand he isn't delivering mail because he's busy with bk breakfast.

Consumer relations phone #:(305) 378-3535
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » September 20th, 2010, 11:26 pm

My neighbors little yappers would have been PERFECT for that commercial... they like to hang off peoples ankles and bags even if you don't carry a BK breakfast. lol

I'm not offended, actually, just a little amused... a fast food commercial wouldn't sway my opinion one way or the other about anything. :|
I LOVED the Taco Bell commercials, but I have NEVER been tempted to go out and buy a chihuahua. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » September 21st, 2010, 12:43 am

amazincc wrote:I'm not offended, actually, just a little amused... a fast food commercial wouldn't sway my opinion one way or the other about anything. :|
I LOVED the Taco Bell commercials, but I have NEVER been tempted to go out and buy a chihuahua. :wink:

Oh but sooooo many people were. You underestimate the stupidity and lemming-ness of the average person... :nono:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pitsnok » September 21st, 2010, 12:57 am

I agree the commercial has absolutely BLOWN UP all over facebook. I mean, I'm not fond of it, but I can't really say I am all that offended. I would have rather it said, "dogs" or something not-specific. But the guy wasn't afraid, and they weren't attacking him or anything. I actually thought it was a little bit funny.

And that neither dog looked like a pittie or rottie... haha.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » September 21st, 2010, 3:27 am

pitsnok wrote:the commercial has absolutely BLOWN UP all over facebook

You're not kidding!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Of course all this "OUTRAGE AND CONTROVERSY" is going to make this one of the MOST watched commercials in the history of mankind now... :rolleyes2: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » September 21st, 2010, 3:48 am

I've also noticed that most of the really outraged people would happily nominate any and all other breeds for that commercial... I guess only Pit Bull people are entitled to feel wronged and be all sensitive about their breed of choice... too funny. :crazy2: :lol3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 21st, 2010, 9:13 am

Our mailman comes into my office and yaps for about half an hour every day. I'll ask him what dogs he has been bitten most by. I know he has been bitten a few times.

The first thing that came to my mind when that commercial started "That's the scrawniest rottweiler I've ever seen!" :?

I also saw that there is an abbreviated commercial where they leave out the begining, the part about the dogs.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » September 21st, 2010, 9:52 am

amazincc wrote:I've also noticed that most of the really outraged people would happily nominate any and all other breeds for that commercial... I guess only Pit Bull people are entitled to feel wronged and be all sensitive about their breed of choice... too funny. :crazy2: :lol3:

That's the biggest thing for me, if it had been a jack russel and a poodle in the commercial no one would be griping about it at all.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » September 21st, 2010, 1:46 pm

I aked my mail man about that commercial this morning, and he laughed... he has been bitten/snapped at by a chi, a yorkie, a lab, and the two extremely obnoxious russel-terror-something yappers up the street.
He carries a can of mace for the not-so-friendly dogs on his route.
For MY crew he carries cookies. :dance: :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby furever_pit » September 21st, 2010, 2:47 pm

Doesn't really offend me at all. I thought it was pretty funny actually...the whole commercial.
At least they got rid of that weird king mascot, he creeped me out.

This little bit posted on that livejournal link by the OP annoys me. Seems over-dramatic to say the least.
Also, the people who let their dogs be used in this commercial need to have their ...rights as animal owners revoked.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 21st, 2010, 7:44 pm

I have to admit that any time I see anything questionable in a commercial, tv show, movie or anything in the media that might be mistaken for a bull breed the first thing I do is think "can't you pick ANY other breed????" I know it's being over sensitive, but I'd rather have no publicity than anything that can be even the slightest bit negative.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » September 22nd, 2010, 2:36 am

mnp13 wrote:I have to admit that any time I see anything questionable in a commercial, tv show, movie or anything in the media that might be mistaken for a bull breed the first thing I do is think "can't you pick ANY other breed????" I know it's being over sensitive, but I'd rather have no publicity than anything that can be even the slightest bit negative.

I'm the same. I'll admit I'm overly sensitive about it, but I think for good reason.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby madremissy » September 22nd, 2010, 10:11 am

The version I saw last night during Sons of Anarchy was a shorter version with no reference to dogs or the or people waiting on checks in the mail.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » September 22nd, 2010, 1:32 pm

I saw it, too... but lots of commercials are edited to a shorter version because it's cheaper to air them.

I read some of the comments on BKs FB page, and I'm almost embarrassed to be part of the Pit Bull-lover community. I do not want to be lumped in w/those hate-mongering, ignorant and uneducated BULLIES who now think they got their message across w/threats and intimidation. UGH. :shock:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Ino » September 22nd, 2010, 5:22 pm

amazincc wrote:I saw it, too... but lots of commercials are edited to a shorter version because it's cheaper to air them.

I read some of the comments on BKs FB page, and I'm almost embarrassed to be part of the Pit Bull-lover community. I do not want to be lumped in w/those hate-mongering, ignorant and uneducated BULLIES who now think they got their message across w/threats and intimidation. UGH. :shock:

I just went and looked at some of the shotgun responses people posted on their facebook. I am with you- anger can make some people totally ridiculous!! :rolleyes2:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk