Well, Sid's ear got bigger last week and we scheduled a surgery date for today (the vet wanted to wait until this week).
Then it started to go down. It is still fluidy, not solid or clotted. I took her in for her appointment today and her vet looked at it and decided not to do surgery. Since it's going down, he thinks it will go away and the prednisolone should help it go faster. So, more preds.
The high dose of steroids made her anxious, so I almost cut it down (under Dr.'s direction, of course), but stuck it out for the first 5 days. Now she's fine on the lower dose, but it makes her drink and urinate a LOT. We've had some accidents in the house and I think my rug will need to be replaced.
Wish us luck!