Treats for allergy dogs...

Postby amazincc » September 15th, 2010, 3:16 pm

So, I just got these for Faust... http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs ... _feet.html
I DID read the description before I ordered
and the fur is still on the product

I'm just not so sure I can feed them now. :shock: :sad2: :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 15th, 2010, 3:44 pm

HA! Those are awesome! I was looking at those for Inara but wasn't sure if she'd eat the fur! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 15th, 2010, 4:04 pm

I'm sure mine would eat the fur...well the Wiener would...my Inara, not so much...would offend her delicate sensibilities. ;)

The Wiener wants to eat his "on the hoof", shall we say...luckily all of my buns outweigh him. lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby furever_pit » September 15th, 2010, 4:09 pm

OH MY GOD!
I am so glad you posted this up here. My dogs are gonna flip for those!

You might be surprised by what your dogs will eat. Gator has eaten several baby rabbits whole (he found their nest in my yard) after running around the yard playing with them like a freaking killer whale. Dylan finally caught mama and she went right down the hatch too. Totally amazed me how he could do that before I was able to get to where he was.

And yes, I freaked out every time this happened. My BF will never let me forget it as it is the only time he has heard my "girly scream."
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » September 15th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Oh, I'm sure mine would have no qualms eating the whole thing, fur and all... it's me who has the problem. Those little feet are so... soft... and real... and I feel bad for the bunnies. :cry: :|

:rolleyes2: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » September 15th, 2010, 4:13 pm

amazincc wrote:Oh, I'm sure mine would have no qualms eating the whole thing, fur and all... it's me who has the problem. Those little feet are so... soft... and real... and I feel bad for the bunnies. :cry: :|

:rolleyes2: lol

Yeah...that's why I couldn't get them...though honestly, with dogs that have issues with raw meat and texture...not sure they'd eat them anyway. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » September 15th, 2010, 4:32 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:...though honestly, with dogs that have issues with raw meat and texture...not sure they'd eat them anyway. ;)

Yeah, no issues here, other than my own... ***is off to find the salad thongs so she doesn't accidentally TOUCH one of those feet w/her bare hands*** :neutral:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » September 15th, 2010, 4:42 pm

salad tongs... :rolleyes2: :doh:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » September 15th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Christine has salad THONGS....I'm not sure I want to eat salad at your house :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » September 15th, 2010, 4:56 pm

airwalk wrote:Christine has salad THONGS....I'm not sure I want to eat salad at your house :D

Couple of string beans, a few lettuce leaves... :dance:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » September 15th, 2010, 5:00 pm

I guess it would be okay as long as thongs are only used for salad...so for rabbits feet...you will have to use the tongs. :neener:
airwalk
I live here

Postby furever_pit » September 15th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Oh dear. Thongs and tossed salad.

Cover your young ears Cairo.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » September 15th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Is there a special dance you do while tossing your salad while wearing the salad thong?

TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » September 15th, 2010, 7:21 pm

Kinzyl just read this and is giving me the look....... "I told you mom that rabbit feet would be so healthy for me. Now let me off my lead so I can go catch one!" :D

She would probably faint from excitement if I got her some of these things. I don't know about the fur but as much as she has an obsession with the rabbits I might have to look into them for a Christmas present. I would definitely have to use gloves. :rolleyes2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby plebayo » September 15th, 2010, 8:15 pm

LOL as much as I'd love to try those out on my dogs, I'd be afraid they would swallow them whole. I KNOW Seth would swallow one whole and it would get stuck and when I told them at work why he was blocked they'd be like "What exactly did you feed your dog?"

It is kind of a cool concept tho and the price is really good!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » September 16th, 2010, 3:35 am

well, they ARE already dead, and I'm quite sure they weren't just killed for their feet ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » September 16th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Malli wrote:well, they ARE already dead, and I'm quite sure they weren't just killed for their feet ;)

They sell EARS, too... :cry1:

Anyway - I tossed a couple in everyones food bowl this morning to make sure they knew that they were allowed to eat THIS furry thing.
Daisy was thrilled and crunched hers down without a second thought. :)
Bee ate one, and gaurded the second one against her imaginary friends and foes for about 30 minutes... lots of growling and grumbling to herself in the bushes before she devoured it. :rolleyes2:

The boys were a little suspicious at first... they all did a lot of sniffing and circling around their bowls.
Sepp picked them out and lined them up on the porch, and he ate his food first before scarfing them down. :dance:
Faust tossed his around for a while and pounced on them, but he finally ate his as well. :crazy2:
Luka inhaled everything in his bowl, and I'm not sure he even tasted what was in there. lol

There is a LOT in one bag, so it's actually a very good purchase for the price.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » September 16th, 2010, 2:11 pm

I would have to hide these in the freezer! My 2 would be hovering over the bag until there were none left!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby HappyChick » September 16th, 2010, 9:35 pm

I used to help my dad clean rabbits back in the day for our family to eat. Although I'm not fond of rabbit and haven't eaten any in 20+ years, I would not be grossed out about giving them to the diggles. Thanks, Christine, for the recommendation!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » September 16th, 2010, 9:44 pm

My rule is that I don't feed my pets to my other pets...so if I keep rats as pets, I could never own a snake. I have pet rabbits, I can't eat or feed rabbits. :|

TheRedQueen

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies