THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » September 9th, 2010, 2:43 pm

This thread is dedicated to call2arms. :neener:

These are the rules:

1) It must be true.
2) It must be about you or your animals.
3) It can't be illegal.

:dance:

Here are my confessions:

1) I can't sing, but that doesn't stop me from trying to reach the high notes as Celine Dion and I belt one out.

2) I will only make right turns when pulling into a store. If it is on the left side, I go to a light, turn right, then go back so the store is on my right.

3) Harleybird is a "Mighty Dog". As in that is all he will eat now. Since his stomach problem, I have tried EVERY food from Evo to Wellness to steak and chicken on the BBQ. A few weeks ago I thought I was going to have to put him to sleep because he stopped eating for days and became emaciated. Out of desperation, I bought every type of dog food in Walmart. He LOVED the Mighty Dog. I can sometimes sneak a TINY bit of real dog food on the bottom of his dish. He has gained 3 pounds and loves to eat again.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » September 9th, 2010, 2:58 pm

I love music and call myself a musician, I have played for almost 20 years and music is a huge part of my life, I just fail to mention that I am TERRIBLE! Luckily my husband is talented enough to more than make up for my lack of talent.... :giggle:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » September 9th, 2010, 4:36 pm

:band:

You can be a musician and I can be the singer in our imaginary band.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » September 9th, 2010, 8:07 pm

1- I can't go a day without shaving my armpits...makes me feel like I have a hedgehog in a headlock!
2- I vacuum perfect V's in the carpet (was my chore growing up and I can't shake the habit).
3- Ino has a lazy eye and non-matching third eyelids (that I find extremely adorable).
4- Punkin (one of my cats) carries my chapsticks, pens and lighters around the house in the middle of the night meowing obnoxiously every step of the way until he drops it on the floor in my room or brings it into my bed (I've washed several pens in pillow cases/linen). He is also on a flowvent inhaler for people which has to be administered with an odd contraption.
5- Hop-a-long (my other cat) always has dingleberries and actually is less offended if I give him a bath when they get bad instead of wiping his nasty butt with a wet paper towel! :rolleyes2:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » September 9th, 2010, 8:51 pm

1.) Sofie isn't quite a mighty dog but she too prefers junk food and is currently eating pedigree canned dog food.

2.) I have a strange obsession with teeth, especially when it comes to guys. Teeth are the very first thing I look at, they need to be clean, not perfectly straight but decent. It is entirely a deal breaker for me.

Hmmm that's all I can think to confess right now ;)
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » September 9th, 2010, 11:16 pm

1) My dog has a wiener

2) I should give my cats subcutaneous fluids every day cause he's in slow kidney failure (he's 16). But I don't because he stresses out and pukes bile every time I do it. I don't want to turn him into a pincushion, either.

3) Just like Joyce, I can't cook. If it weren't for my boyfriend I would be living on frozen dinners and white bread.

4) I really enjoy bursting abscesses or popping sebaceous cysts on animals. Get the junk out of there.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » September 9th, 2010, 11:20 pm

1. Ripley ate Pedigree dry food for the first year of his life...he couldn't keep anything else in...all of the tests at the vets were inconclusive, and he had diarrhea on every other food...even the special diets. Pedigree was the only thing he had normal poop on...then he got over that. lol Whatever works!

2. We've had mice in our house for the first time ever (we've been here three years)...and it's really creeping me out. I had mice as pets for years, and I have pet rats, but wild mice give me the heebie-jeebies. For a day after seeing one in the house, I keep jumping thinking that one is one me somehow. *shudder* (and yes, my cats are finally earning their keep!)

3. I like to nibble Score's face, like he nibbles on his cat...and he just shuts his eyes and leans into me. I love that.

4. I'm going to dye my hair purple for our upcoming flyball tournament, and my fear is not that I'll somehow lose all of my hair or something, but more that it'll come out the wrong color. :nono: I must have purple!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 9th, 2010, 11:21 pm

call2arms wrote:1) My dog has a wiener

hee hee :giggle:

4) I really enjoy bursting abscesses or popping sebaceous cysts on animals. Get the junk out of there.

Me TOO! so nasty, but so fulfilling...:)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby SLS61185 » September 10th, 2010, 12:49 am

1. I don't like eyelashes. For the longest time mine were really long. I had one pokin' my eye one day, tried to pull it out but pulled out just about all of them... Because one eye was almost 'bare' I had to do the other eye. Now, to this day, I still pull my eyelashes. I actually can let them grow out really long, but don't like it.

2. Until Patch turned 2, he ate either science diet and Purina One. I was perfectly fine with it and still am. Now, he eats TOTW. Why we switched? I don't know. I find it irritating that people care or get 'mad' about what other people's dogs eat. I also don't babysit him while he's out in the backyard. He goes outside by himself for as long as he wants. Yes, I check on him. Yes it's fenced in. Yes he wares his collar and tags while he's out there. I've typed up 3 different posts about it, and have deleted it because I'm not very nice. Just typing this I took some stuff out because of it.

3. I'm from Texas and lives there for almost 17 years. I don't talk really slow like people think I 'should'... I actually talk really fast - to the point that when my husband calls my work and I answer the phone, he doesn't really know it's me.

4. We got Patch when he was 7 weeks - He'll be 3 in Nov. He was my Christmas present. No, we didn't rescue him... My husband bought him for me - but I got to pick him out. And no, I wouldn't have it any other way, because if so, I wouldn't have my baby boy today.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » September 10th, 2010, 5:46 am

This thread is getting good. :popcorn2:

I think the funniest part is that there are SO MANY members who WANT to post their confessions but are not quite sure yet.... :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » September 10th, 2010, 7:52 am

I'm loving this thread! It gave me my first laugh of the morning and first reflective thoughts.

1. I fed all my dogs Purina Dog Chow for years. I only changed their diets when Vinny got sick and I learned a better way.

2. I love my dogs more than most of the people in my life, including family. My relationship with them is better than any man-woman relationship I've even been in.

3. I wish that smoking Marijuana was legal and not just Medicinal Marijuana. I should move to Amsterdam. (nothing illegal here Joyce, just a wish)
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby LMM » September 10th, 2010, 8:39 am

Nice thread, I'm still waiting for deep, dark confessions. They won't be coming from me, I'm actually kind of boring in that department.

1. My dogs ate pedigree until the big food scare a few years back and I then started reaching like mad because I wanted better for them.

2. I don't want to vaccinate any of my own adult animals ever again. Not sure how I'm going to get around the rabies law.

3. One day I want to move to a cute little beach side bungalow somewhere warm. Badly.

4. I really want to learn how to shoot a gun. I mean I can pull the trigger but when it comes to aiming and hitting something, well.....When I was in the military I had to shoot a 9mm to try and qualify. Let's just say it went badly and leave it at that.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby copperlegend » September 10th, 2010, 8:58 am

1. All of my animals have crazy nicknames. Nadia is Noodle, Oodles of Noodles, Noodle NotaPoodle. And I make up songs about her and sing to her when we're home alone. Same for my cat. Turns out, the bf does this too! One day I came home early and caught him singing to our cat... something about how he's collecting kitten toes, but in LOLspeak. I'm glad we're both crazy :)

2. When I was younger, around 14, I kicked my horse REALLY hard because I was frustrated and he wasn't listening to me at all. I got ripped a new one by one of the trainers who caught it out of the corner of his eye, telling me my horse doesn't deserve to be treated poorly just because I had a bad day. I still feel awful about it, even though it was over 10 years ago, and my horse was put down almost 3 years ago :( But that lesson stuck with me, and no matter how frustrated I get with an animal, I don't take it out on them.

3. I'm so terrified of losing my job again, I am very hesitant to speak up at my new job.

4. The owner of my company said I can take Nadia to work on occasion BUT she needs her CGC. A guy that used to work here brought in his 2 giant German Shepherds, and that was the stipulation for him. It's gonna take a while, but I see this as a challenge, and I LOVE a challenge!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TinaMartin » September 10th, 2010, 9:50 am

I love this thread!
I have strange OCD habits My house could look like a bomb went off in it and I am perfectly fine with it but...
All of the cloths in my closet MUST be in color order
Sock drawer must be perfect. Yes it looks like a perfectly organized rainbow.
Underwear MUST be stacked perfectly
NO ONE folds the laundry but me. If anyone else folds the laundry I will unfold it and re do it.
I dont care what the laundry looks like as long as it is still sitting in the laundry basket
I cant stand dishes in the sink
And did I mention my laundry...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » September 10th, 2010, 10:08 am

SLS61185 wrote: I also don't babysit him while he's out in the backyard. He goes outside by himself for as long as he wants. Yes, I check on him. Yes it's fenced in. Yes he wares his collar and tags while he's out there. I've typed up 3 different posts about it, and have deleted it because I'm not very nice. Just typing this I took some stuff out because of it.

To make you feel better, MY guys are usually in the backyard unattended...I keep an ear out for barking...but I'm not out there constantly. It's fenced, and NO my dogs don't wear collars, so they're naked when they're out there. (Boarders and fosters have collars and tags).

My newest foster has actually spent the night outside for a few nights, because she's too scared of me and Inara to come inside (she can't wear a drag line because she gets caught and terrified). I will leave mine outside, but they have to come in at night...this makes me feel horrible that she's outside, but I'm also too tired to be her cheerleader to come back inside.

TheRedQueen

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 10th, 2010, 10:45 am

1. About 80% of the pictures on my camera are of my dog, cats and horses. Most are of Petie. Sometimes she gets so sick of me taking her picture, that she barks at me!

2. I sneak eat junk food, especially ice cream!

3. I love watching most reality TV shows. The trashier the better!!! BTW - I also have to sneak this - because my boyfriend HATES it. He says I'm making scum bags rich by watching. :doh:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 10th, 2010, 10:47 am

copperlegend wrote:The owner of my company said I can take Nadia to work on occasion BUT she needs her CGC.

That's cool! I wish I could do that!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » September 10th, 2010, 11:58 am

I'm scared to death of guns ~ I would only touch one if my life depended on it.. Same with spiders, I won't even smoosh one though I've gotten a little better
. I am extremely organized and OCD with my work, job, and professional stuff. Yet personally not so much, guess I'm just wore out from work?? :| LoL I have even forgotten to pick up my own child before.. :oops: **Disclaimer she was fine, thank god I have such good friends that stay home***
The "excitement/lack of patience" of the animals when I get home annoys the living piss out of me!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » September 10th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Boy, we are quite a bunch, here at PBT. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » September 10th, 2010, 12:37 pm

TinaMartin wrote:I love this thread!
All of the cloths in my closet MUST be in color order
Sock drawer must be perfect. Yes it looks like a perfectly organized rainbow.
Underwear MUST be stacked perfectly
NO ONE folds the laundry but me. If anyone else folds the laundry I will unfold it and re do it.
I dont care what the laundry looks like as long as it is still sitting in the laundry basket
I cant stand dishes in the sink
And did I mention my laundry...

I hang clothes in my closet in color order too and am real funny about the way people fold things coming out of the dryer (mine must be my way or I will redo them too). I also hate dishes in the sink- big time pet peeve!!

Another Ino confession- I used an e-collar on him for 2 walks a few months ago because the neighbor burned trash where I lived (and just about everything was burned by him...batteries, car parts, etc) :cuss: . He started dumping the ashes over the hill on our walking trail and Ino was rarely leashed on our walks (we were deep in the woods- those days are over now) and was not that day and he got a hold of something (he would not drop it and if I went to catch him it would have been a game of chase- so he consumed it slowly). When I made him barf, it turned out it was a piece of a pork chop bone (luckily he chewed it well enough that it did not damage him when it came up with food). It was a catch 22- let him digest it with toxins and risk a blockage since I had no clue what it or make him barf. He also ate a mushroom that we had to do the same thing with (peroxide) a few weeks prior.The collar did work for it and that is the only thing we used it for training wise and it only was on him for 2 walks and he got it. I saw it as a life or death problem, which it easily could have been.Today we had a consult with a trainer who uses positive methods and are do for our first session on wed. He has been stressed with the move (lots of new people, dogs aggressing him from behind fences, kids roller skating, etc...we are definately not in the woods anymore). He is used to deer, atv's and snow mobiles- he's very scared of new stuff so we need to work on it. Ino did do well with her today- better with her than with any other visitors, so that is a good thing. She also wants to give me info on raw (I am in the no cook club and I am not the biggest meat eater so I will have to figure out what is what). :oops:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Off-Topic