Hello from Las Vegas

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby desertdad » September 6th, 2010, 4:15 pm

New member checking in from Las Vegas, very happy to have found PitBull talk.

Here's some history for you, I like most people believed in all the bad press that pitbulls receive, that is to say until my son brought home an abandoned puppy from the UNLV campus. After a family meeting and I lost the vote big time wanting the dog removed immediately my life has changed forever.

I couldn't imagine a day without IZZY has she was named.

Later I rescued Hurky, a bully that was going for a sure death sentence to the pound.

Both of my dogs are current with shots etc.

Anyway I have come to love these dogs like my children, I'm pretty sure I will never be without one. I wish I could save them all.

Everyone says I'm a manly kind of guy but when it comes to pitbulls I am mush, I admit I cry like a baby when In see some of the things on the net and the damn TV shows.

Look forward to sharing pictures and talking with everyone.

Thanks Much,
D.
desertdad
Just Whelped

Postby Pit♥bull » September 6th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
We love pictures :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 6th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. :wave2:

I LOVE Vegas. :dance: I thought of retiring there, but I can't take the heat in the summer. (And don't tell me 'it's a dry heat' :rolleyes2: ) It is HOT. My friend has a home in Henderson and tells me it's only a few months of 'dry heat'. :crazy2:

As a local, I know you don't hang out on the strip, but have you ever seen Carl Ferris (aka Safe Sax) play on Fremont Street? I LOVE HIM, too. I bought all his CD's.

Oh, I guess I should say something about dogs, so how did you find PBT? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby desertdad » September 6th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Yeah don't buy the dry heat theory :D , it's all BS. It's just plain HOT ! But the rest of the year makes it worth it.

It's perfect for me as I hike all over the state and I am able to take Izzy and Hurky with me without fear of running into other people :wink2:.

I'm not familiar with the person you speak of downtown, we work a lot and don't have much time for getting out.

I found the forum while searching for pitbull and cancer, Izzy has developed a strange cough, I'll be taking her to the vet next week but wanted to research the net on the subject.

Where is the appropriate place for posting pictures ?

D.
desertdad
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » September 6th, 2010, 5:07 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome to PBT. I have an Izzy too. :D Well her name is Kinzyl but her nickname is Izzy. We love pictures so I hope you have some to share. You can go ahead and place some in your intro thread and then once the moderators come along and give you access you can post some in the gallery.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby desertdad » September 6th, 2010, 5:31 pm

OK here's a few, hmmm.... not working. Lets try again.

Testing.

Got some ciphering to do.
desertdad
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Hi and welcome to PBT! :dance:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » September 6th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 6th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2010, 5:47 am

desertdad wrote:Yeah don't buy the dry heat theory :D , it's all BS. It's just plain HOT ! But the rest of the year makes it worth it.

Finally, an HONEST person. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » September 7th, 2010, 12:58 pm

Welcome to the board, I can't wait until you figure pictures out, I love pictures!!! :dance:

And I love your story about pit bulls changing your mind, they really are a special breed, I adore bullies. :)
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby desertdad » September 8th, 2010, 6:37 am

Sorry for the small size, I had to shrink them down to meet the pixel requirement. I'm kinda new at this.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

DD.
desertdad
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 8th, 2010, 9:16 am

desertdad wrote:I like most people believed in all the bad press that pitbulls receive, that is to say until my son brought home an abandoned puppy from the UNLV campus. After a family meeting and I lost the vote big time wanting the dog removed immediately my life has changed forever.

Hello and welcome!! I am a former pit bull despiser myself and went through the same thing when my boyfriend insisted on getting a pit bull puppy. Now I'm in :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: and can't get enough of them!
I like your pictures!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » September 9th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Can't wait to see more photos. :) Love their names too.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Return to Introductions