Un real...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm

And I have had regular ed. middle school students tell me to "go f*ck myself" and "Who the hell do you think you are, my f*cking Mother?" Their parents defended them because, they are special little snowflakes, in their eyes.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DemoDick » September 2nd, 2010, 9:03 pm

iluvk9 wrote:And I have had regular ed. middle school students tell me to "go f*ck myself" and "Who the hell do you think you are, my f*cking Mother?" Their parents defended them because, they are special little snowflakes, in their eyes.

I've had kids say the same thing to me when I'm at work. They all end up crying.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby HappyChick » September 2nd, 2010, 10:24 pm

DemoDick wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:And I have had regular ed. middle school students tell me to "go f*ck myself" and "Who the hell do you think you are, my f*cking Mother?" Their parents defended them because, they are special little snowflakes, in their eyes.

I've had kids say the same thing to me when I'm at work. They all end up crying.

Demo Dick

I am so old school. I'd have beat the snot out of my kids for talking that way to an adult. My kids, who are grown now, knew better...it's called respect. Society is severly lacking it these days.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » September 3rd, 2010, 4:20 am

DemoDick wrote:I've had kids say the same thing to me when I'm at work. They all end up crying.

Demo Dick
:giggle:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » September 3rd, 2010, 9:00 am

HappyChick wrote:I am so old school. I'd have beat the snot out of my kids for talking that way to an adult. My kids, who are grown now, knew better...it's called respect. Society is severly lacking it these days.

AMEN.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2010, 9:25 am

DemoDick wrote:I've had kids say the same thing to me when I'm at work. They all end up crying.
Demo Dick

I only wish.... :)

I also had a teenage girl accuse me of pushing her. While the video cameras, 5 teachers who witnessed the "situation" and 2 other teens collaborated my "side of the story", if Admin believed her, then I would have lost my career and pension. It didn't matter that she was previously suspended that year a few times, and that her Mom came in drunk to the meeting at 9 a.m. Ironically, the next year she went to the HS and she pulled a knife on a teacher. I guess she wasn't as sweet as her Mom made her out to be.

Our coaches at the middle school level do not coddle the students. I am actually amazed at what they say to them sometimes. 99% of the time, no parent complaints. But when there are, the teacher/coaches job career is at stake.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hoyden » September 3rd, 2010, 11:54 am

DemoDick wrote: Many of them are going to amount to nothing in life because you set a crappy example. Congratulations on screwing up an entire generation of kids. It's all downhill from here.

Demo Dick

I got the shock of my life when we visited Autumn at college a week after she moved into the dorms. It absolutely blew my mind that she had to teach other incoming Freshmen how to use a washing machine & dryer. One idiot put dish soap into the washing machine & made a huge mess that the custodial staff had to clean up.

The thing that drives me insane about the other parents that I deal with is that they enable their children instead of equipping them to deal with life. When the kids screw up, they make excuses for them instead of holding them accountable for their actions. They shower their kids with the latest & greatest electronic gadgets but don't bother to communicate or spend time with their kids. The parents hand over what ever the kid wants to pacify them instead of making them earn it themselves.

Then they complain like you can't imagine when they get hit with a bill for damages to the dorms from the stupidity that little Johnnie pulled. They also throw fits when they spend THOUSANDS of dollars on music lessons for little Jennie and she doesn't get into the college music program, then they try to buy Jennie's way into the music program claiming that Jennie doesn't audition well, when the reality is that Jennie didn't practice or work as hard as the other kid did, the kid who didn't have thousands of dollars of music lessons.

Gremlin is hell on feet. We know it. She knows that if she gets in trouble at school, she better not expect Mommy & Daddy to come riding to her rescue because it isn't going to happen. If she gets in trouble at school, she is going to be in trouble at home too and it is NOT going to be pleasant.

The kid down the street was suspended for a day because he told a teacher to smurf off. In THIRD grade. His mother took him to Lake Compounce (amusement park) the day he was out of school.

Gremlin was flippant & rude to a teacher because she didn't think the teacher was being fair. Gremlin spent a lovely Saturday morning scrubbing the grout on the 46" high tiled walls of my bathroom with soft scrub with bleach and a toothbrush. Then she wrote an apology letter to the teacher and an essay on how she could of respectfully addressed that situation.

I don't spend a lot of time at school with the kids anymore because I refuse to subject myself to how rude & obnoxious many of them are. I wanted to go back with belt and bar of soap.

The majority of my generation are sending their kids to hell with the latest iphone in hand, texting the whole way there.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Pit♥bull » September 3rd, 2010, 12:59 pm

Hoyden wrote:belt and bar of soap.
I remember that..... And a tap across the knuckles with a ruler does well. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby turtle » September 6th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I read this in the morning and thought about it during the day...

I can't believe that a complaint would be called in for telling a group of unruly boys to "shut up!". That is just wrong. The coaches should have made them behave and not stood around like lumps.

It's not like you said "shut the f&%k up!" which is what I was thinking when I started reading.
Well, I am glad your boss is a reasonable person.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 6th, 2010, 11:57 pm

It actually gets worse...

This past weekend, at the third game I was photographing, not only did a random coach start yelling at me on the sideline before the game because (and this is a quote) "he knows I'm going to be in his way" the head ref told him to back off. He continued, and I told him that I would be sure to not be a problem, and walked away. He followed me, and told me that if I got in his way he'd be calling my boss.

I talked to the head ref a little while later, and he laughed and said that the guy was xxx from xxx school. You guessed it... same guy.

Great... just flipping great...

So I spoke to the ref after the game and asked for a reference, it's not going to do me any good in the long run but if the guy does call because I will lose my job this time, but at least he said that he would happily back me up that I was no problem at all during the game. Not for the refs, not for the players, and not for the coaches.

Problem is, there are "volunteer photographers" for each team that are on the sidelines for every game. And when you are new to photography, all you do is look through the camera; and between shots you tend to look at what you just shot. I learned a long time ago not to do that... the hard way. If you do that during the DSO, you're going to get stepped on by a decoy, get run over by a dog, or even worse, get bitten. At a game, you're going to be trampled by one or more players or coaches. At horse events, you could cause an accident that could literally kill someone. I've tripped, fallen, been stepped on, dropped my camera, you name it... been there, done that, thanks coach... that's why I'm the "paid professional" out here. If you have a problem with your volunteers, take it up with them, that's not my problem, it's yours. I'm positive that that's the source, and I'm pretty sure the ref was too, and that's why he stuck up for me to the coach right from the start. Not that it's going to do me much good in the long run, but we'll see... I'm hoping that what happened during the game made him forget all about me (his son broke his arm, and they lost, and the other team was coached by his friend)

This summer sucks.

p.s. Another interesting observation - the complaint about "shut up" was made by a guy who I watched get into a screaming match with the other team's head coach, resulting in a 15 yard penalty for unsportsman conduct for each of them. I watched him repeatedly dress down 12 and 13 year old boys for such horrible things like missing tackles and dropping footballs. And when his son was laying in the middle of the field on his back crying holding his possibly broken arm, on his way out he said "would you stop holding your arm and calm down?" yup. and "shut up" is inappropriate to say to kids over the age of 15.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » September 7th, 2010, 1:31 am

:nono:

I'm sorry you're having such a crap summer. :hug3:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby turtle » September 7th, 2010, 12:17 pm

mnp13 wrote:This past weekend, at the third game I was photographing, not only did a random coach start yelling at me on the sideline before the game because (and this is a quote) "he knows I'm going to be in his way" the head ref told him to back off. He continued, and I told him that I would be sure to not be a problem, and walked away. He followed me, and told me that if I got in his way he'd be calling my boss.

Ouch! Looks like this guy has it in for you... and sounds a bit like personal harassment.

If your boss is a sensible type, would it help to let him know what this guy was doing and how he acted? That way if he does call in again, there is some background about how he acted.

And probably a good idea to get the names of both this rude coach and the ref who would stand up for you as a witness in what's going on.

Sounds like a crappy deal to me. And seems like this coach has some problems with people skills and anger management...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyChick » September 7th, 2010, 12:50 pm

This reads like misogyny to me, or the creep is a control freak, or both. If it comes to it, you could turn the tables on him; and call it intimidation and harassment.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby call2arms » September 7th, 2010, 3:57 pm

My best friend's mom always used to say, you go out and get in trouble, I'm not picking the two of you up at the police station, you're spending the night there. We did our dishes, our laundry, and fed ourselves. Better not be disrespectful or disrupt the household, cause you were in trouble. I think it mostly depends on the parent's way of raising kids - the're not all bad, but most are too meek.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Previous

Return to Off-Topic