Seattle, WA-DAWG-O program

CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WY, AK, CA, HA, OR, WA

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2010, 2:05 pm

What a great idea!

http://companionanimalsolutions.com/blo ... es-dawg-o/

Dog Adoptions With Great Outcomes (DAWG-O)
Christine Hibbard, CTC, CPDT
Companion Animal Solutions and the Seattle Animal Shelter are launching a new program on Saturday, September 18th for new dog and puppy owners called DAWG-O (Dog Adoptions With Great Outcomes). The purpose of this program is to help owners avoid or reduce some of the common issues experienced by the new adopters of shelter dogs. While this program was designed for people who have adopted from the Seattle Animal Shelter, we encourage all recent adopters to attend. Everyone is welcome!

On the third Saturday of each month, Companion Animal Solutions will be holding an hour-long workshop covering topics such as:

What to expect with your rescue dog (signs of anxiety or fear)
Management (setting your dog/puppy up for success)
Environmental enrichment
House training
Walking your dog including dog/dog interactions
Continuing education (how to find the best dog & puppy classes)
And most importantly, we’ve left plenty of time for owners to ask questions!

DAWG-O: NEW ADOPTER WORKSHOP
People only please!
Every 3rd Saturday at 2 pm
Location: Seattle Animal Shelter Conference Room, 206 15th Ave. W, Seattle, WA 98119
www.seattleanimalshelter.org
Phone: 206-386-PETS (7387)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » September 6th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Companion Animal Solutions has done some great stuff for shelter and shelter dogs. Their blog is where I first read about shelter dogs and possibly PTSD issues once adopted. It's good!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Yup, it's good stuff... a friend of mine is a trainer with them. :) I <3 her stuff...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » November 10th, 2010, 2:47 pm

I am constantly tailoring our program around great ideas like this! We already cover a lot in our adoption packet that pertains to what is mentioned here but a workshop is a GREAT idea. Thanks for posting!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby airwalk » November 10th, 2010, 11:04 pm

In 2011 we are going to be offering something very similar at our shelter as well. Fourth Saturday of the month there will be varying topics involving trainers and quarterly our vet so folks can get information, but also have an opportunity to ask questions.

Anything to help
airwalk
I live here

Return to West