Rant.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » September 4th, 2010, 2:04 am

I just need to rant somewhere... So ignore me if you must - Going to be long.

Yesterday afternoon opened up Gmail and everything was fine... I deleted a few emails and was reading about a new feature it has. All was good. Then, we had to leave, so I just closed the whole brower, just like I always do. We're gone maybe 3 hours and come home. No one but Patch and the cat were here. About an hour after we got home, I go to open my email and I had been signed out - which does happen every once in a while - no problem... Go to enter my password and nothing. Go to clear everything out and do it again, thinkin' maybe something was wrong... still nothing.

Then, I go to reset my password and don't get an email for it, nothing to my phone, either (I had it set up to where if I had to reset my password, it would send a code to my phone to reset it - and that didn't work, either). Did a recorvery on the password and got nothing for that, either. It expects me to remember when I set the account up and because I got Gmail when it was still in Beta, I was sent an invitation for it... So I don't remember who sent it, which email account it was sent to, or when it was sent. So, I answer the form with the best information I could.

I go to check another account that I never check on Yahoo that I've had for years and it's been deactivated - Which is the one I think was my secondary account for Gmail. So on the forms for it to contact me, I put my other Yahoo account and still got nothing. Finally, the form emails me saying that it can't find my account. So, I send an email to my Gmail to see if the email gets bounced back, and got nothing. Find a different form and fill it out, a little different this time. it sends me one back saying there's nothing wrong with my account and to log-in and change my password (!!!!!) which I can't do that!

I fill out the first form again and still got nothing to my email or phone. Gmail doesn't lock out your account for too many wrong password attempts. I never got to my secret question like I was supposed to, either. I'm getting HIGHLY pissed off at this point because the damn Gmail account is the one I use for EVERYTHING - oh, and I'm trying to get another job, which I used that account for... wonderful) I do some searching on the help forms and find out it's happened to a bunch of people in the last couple of years. A lot of people said they got hijacked, some said someone just managed to get into their accounts -whatever.

Because Gmail is free, Google doesn't offer tech support on the phone... So you can't call, unless you have their advertising stuff. So that's no good for me. You can't try to log into your accout for 48 hours, or it just keeps resetting itself so you can't answer questions. Some people had to wait 2 weeks for Google to realize that they did nothing wrong and gave them their accounts back. Some never got them back.

I remember none of my contacts. There's some stuff in there that I need back. As for now though, I've changed my email on my bank info, my phone info, this and my facebook. Just can't remember a whole lot of anything else. I'm really irritated right now. I've scanned for viruses, I have none. I have Windows 7 and can't even find where Outlook is to set up an account there... I just hope I can get my stuff back... and soon. Again, sorry this is so long and sorry if it made no sense...

:cuss: :cuss: :mad2: :mad2:
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » September 4th, 2010, 2:11 am

that sucks...

I hope you figure it out!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 4th, 2010, 9:49 am

Oh no! I don't know what I would do!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SLS61185 » September 4th, 2010, 2:43 pm

And so it continues! So far they've sent me two emails this morning saying that I'm not providing enough information to prove I own the account.

Uh, my labels aren't enough? My LAST KNOWN PASSWORD isn't enough? I don't email anyone, really, so I'm failing on that, I'm failing on who sent me the invitation, I'm failing on when and which email it was sent to. Hopefully I can just keep doing the forms till they decide to give it back.
:confused: :|
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » September 5th, 2010, 12:05 am

Have you tried calling anyway? it might work.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SLS61185 » September 5th, 2010, 1:48 am

I tried the other day, but, the number I had was for the Adsense and they don't have an option for email. So I just hit some buttons and sat on hold for 10 minutes while hearing that all the phones were busy and my call was important, someone would be with me in a minute! I finally just hung up. May try again this week when I'm off.

Also, they have it "hidden" that they have NO tech support on the phone for Gmail, since it's a free email. Basically, they don't care about you unless you're using one of their paid services.

I got another email after I went to work today, that I'm not giving them enough info to prove it's my account. I'll keep trying and just fill out the form, over and over and over, till I hopefully get it back. May have to make another account so I can post on the forum to get someone to help me... Dunno though. I just know this is really irritating.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SLS61185 » September 12th, 2010, 11:56 pm

So, for the last two weeks almost, I've sent in form after form, with basically the same info in all of them... and they kept saying no, no, no... I couldn't have it back. I get on today, check my email and they sent one saying they changed the email and I could now reset my password!

SO, I won'! I got it back! This makes me happy!
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » September 13th, 2010, 2:08 am

YAY!!!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » September 13th, 2010, 5:59 am

Nice to know there are some real humans behind Gmail and google.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 13th, 2010, 8:12 am

Woo hoo!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Off-Topic