"Friendly" neighbors

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby amalie79 » September 2nd, 2010, 9:17 pm

Don't you just love those?

Robin and Simon found a fresh, half-eaten, cooked, bone-in t-bone in the yard. Poor River didn't get a piece because she's still on leashed potty breaks. I can only assume someone in the apartments next to us tossed it over the fence. :rolleyes2:

I'm sure they thought they were doing something really nice for the dogs.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby WackyJacki » September 2nd, 2010, 11:12 pm

*sigh* Lovely!
Custom collars, harnesses and leashes
http://www.collarshop.org
WackyJacki
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » September 2nd, 2010, 11:13 pm

my paranoid self would worry someone had poisoned the steak :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby WackyJacki » September 2nd, 2010, 11:19 pm

Malli wrote:my paranoid self would worry someone had poisoned the steak :shock:

lol so would I!
Custom collars, harnesses and leashes
http://www.collarshop.org
WackyJacki
Just Whelped

Postby amalie79 » September 3rd, 2010, 7:08 am

Trust me, it crossed my mind.

When I was a kid our neighbor used to leave his fish heads out for my cats. I live in Arkansas. It's a little bit country. I don't know many people who would think twice before giving their dogs a cooked bone to munch on. :|

I found more pieces this morning. :neutral:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2010, 9:29 am

amalie79 wrote:When I was a kid our neighbor used to leave his fish heads out for my cats. :|

Now if they left some flounder stuffed with shrimp for me, I would be thrilled. Yummy..
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » September 3rd, 2010, 9:53 am

What my current neighbors should have done, is tossed the whole t-bone steak right onto my plate. That would have been a friendly gesture :wave2: .

As it is, I'm just lucky I didn't get my arm taken off trying to take the remnants from those two-- bones are contraband for the guarders, which just happens to be Simon and Robin :rolleyes2: . And, actually, we're on poop watch for a few days because we didn't realize Simon had any for a few minutes; who knows whether he manages to choke any of it down.

Those apartments are small and generally no trouble at all. But every once in a while, this one particular set of folks has a fight and we get to listen in on some awesome (read: depressing) parking-lot, redneck cell-phone conversations from our porch.

"You have to tell him he's the daddy."

"You can't be doing that stuff while you're pregnant."

"Let me back in! Someone call the police! Domestic abuse!" (domestic abuse...from the other side of the door? while dude is apparently trying to get his things and leave? hmm... maybe it is, who am I to say, but that lady seems to be at the center of all this. and she seems a little nuts.)

Anyway, I think someone over there was cooking out and tossed their scraps over for the hounds.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » September 3rd, 2010, 10:14 am

amalie79 wrote:Those apartments are small and generally no trouble at all. But every once in a while, this one particular set of folks has a fight and we get to listen in on some awesome (read: depressing) parking-lot, redneck cell-phone conversations from our porch.

"You have to tell him he's the daddy."

"You can't be doing that stuff while you're pregnant."

"Let me back in! Someone call the police! Domestic abuse!" (domestic abuse...from the other side of the door? while dude is apparently trying to get his things and leave? hmm... maybe it is, who am I to say, but that lady seems to be at the center of all this. and she seems a little nuts.)

This sounds all too familiar to me! I'm a property manager and I run 2 complexes, one has 148 units, the other is 36 units. This is my 9-5 life everyday - times 100!
I have dealt with hookers, drug addicts, drunks, pshcysophraniacs (sp?), bi polars, woman and man beaters, hoarders, dead bodies, slobs, old people losing it and people who want to call me names and kick my butt.
Someday I'm gonna write a book about it all. It's pretty entertaining sometimes. At first I was shocked because I was never exposed to this kind of stuff growing up. I just call my co workers and vent/laugh/cry about it. We really have seen it all.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » September 3rd, 2010, 10:28 am

PetieMarie22 wrote:This sounds all too familiar to me! I'm a property manager and I run 2 complexes, one has 148 units, the other is 36 units. This is my 9-5 life everyday - times 100!
I have dealt with hookers, drug addicts, drunks, pshcysophraniacs (sp?), bi polars, woman and man beaters, hoarders, dead bodies, slobs, old people losing it and people who want to call me names and kick my butt.
Someday I'm gonna write a book about it all. It's pretty entertaining sometimes. At first I was shocked because I was never exposed to this kind of stuff growing up. I just call my co workers and vent/laugh/cry about it. We really have seen it all.

And I will read that book!

There's only maybe a dozen units in this place, and it's smack in the middle of a nice historic neighborhood. And the owner/manager is awesome-- he knows everyone by name and is usually out there picking up trash and checking on things. I haven't seen him in a while, which explains the glass we have to walk around lately :rolleyes2: , but things are generally fantastic. But that's the nature of the beast-- you're always gonna get a few crazies in there.

Now, the neighborhood I grew up in was very, very poor and trashy. There was a 4-plex across the street with balconies. I saw a pick-up truck pull up so they could shove a couch from the second floor balcony onto the bed. I also saw a man lasso someone from the balcony. I like to say I had red and blue accent lighting in my room from the police car lights. :wink:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby DemoDick » September 3rd, 2010, 12:40 pm

amalie79 wrote:Don't you just love those?

Robin and Simon found a fresh, half-eaten, cooked, bone-in t-bone in the yard. Poor River didn't get a piece because she's still on leashed potty breaks. I can only assume someone in the apartments next to us tossed it over the fence. :rolleyes2:

What kind of smurfing savage throws away a half-eaten peice of meat?

Take it door to door and find out who did it.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Tubular Toby » September 3rd, 2010, 1:01 pm

WackyJacki wrote:
Malli wrote:my paranoid self would worry someone had poisoned the steak :shock:

lol so would I!

As would I!!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby amalie79 » September 3rd, 2010, 1:24 pm

DemoDick wrote:
amalie79 wrote:Don't you just love those?

What kind of smurfing savage throws away a half-eaten peice of meat?

Take it door to door and find out who did it.

Demo Dick

I know, right?!?

At first I thought it was just the bone; but there was PERFECTLY GOOD MEAT still clinging to the sides. Wasteful bastards.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » September 3rd, 2010, 2:16 pm

PetieMarie22 wrote:I have dealt with hookers, drug addicts, drunks, pshcysophraniacs (sp?), bi polars, woman and man beaters, hoarders, dead bodies, slobs, old people losing it and people who want to call me names and kick my butt.

Just to clarify... Bi-Polar is a serious and debilitating mental illness - not a character flaw, or a choice.

Having other people use my yard and dogs as their own personal garbage disposal is a HUGE pet peeve of mine... I live on a corner lot, and have picked up everything from a half-eaten watermelon to empty juice boxes behind my fence. Once I actually found a used diaper... WTF??? >( :mad2:
Never a steak... but one can hope, right? :| lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amalie79 » September 3rd, 2010, 2:33 pm

Never a steak... but one can hope, right? :| lol

The dogs certainly thought they'd hit the jackpot...until they looked at me and saw that I was not happy. :shock: Then they knew they REALLY had something cool and decided they'd better make a break for it or I was gonna take it away. Which I did. :D

It was one of those unfortunate times that I had to make direct trades with both dogs; I couldn't believe that a cookie actually did the trick.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk