Allergy Shot Log

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby BullyLady » August 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Okay, so we are going to go ahead and do the allergy shots. Just walking through grass twice a day to pee and after being *totally* clear at the boarding facility has inflamed her right back up. I can feed her on the porch but she does have to touch the ground at some point..... :nono:

Anyways! I would like to keep a log of her progress to try and decide if the allergy shots are helping or not. The one thing I know I will do is take a picture of her belly weekly (before her medicated bath). And also keep track of her ears, though they have been tame with her on ketoconazole. Are there any other symptoms I should track? Are you all interested in this, should I post it here on the forum?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » August 28th, 2010, 12:17 am

BullyLady wrote: Are you all interested in this, should I post it here on the forum?

Yes... PLEASE!!! :)

Are you planning on doing the shots monthly, even through the winter?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » August 28th, 2010, 12:33 am

amazincc wrote:
BullyLady wrote: Are you all interested in this, should I post it here on the forum?

Yes... PLEASE!!! :)

Are you planning on doing the shots monthly, even through the winter?

All the time, no seasonal stopping. She's had this infection for nearly a year now, starting in September last year and it lasted all through the winter, so yea.... seems like I should do them in the winter as well.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » August 28th, 2010, 12:47 am

BullyLady wrote:
All the time, no seasonal stopping. She's had this infection for nearly a year now, starting in September last year and it lasted all through the winter, so yea.... seems like I should do them in the winter as well.

Hmmm... but the infection is secondary to (or "caused by") the allergy break-outs, right? I'm wondering if you can get the infection under control in the winter time, and start the shots when allergy seasons comes around again next year...? :|
If it's a true grass allergy (like Fausts) Shelby should get a lot of relief during the colder months... Faust is okay from about the end of October 'til the end of April. Once our grass is long enough to need mowing I can pretty much count on a break-out immediately... :rolleyes2:
I'm guessing that's why you're having her tested, right? To get a clear idea of what's really causing her issues?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » August 28th, 2010, 1:22 am

amazincc wrote:I'm guessing that's why you're having her tested, right? To get a clear idea of what's really causing her issues?

Yes! You have to have the testing done to make the serum. I hope that it goes away this winter. I hope....
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » August 28th, 2010, 2:07 am

BullyLady wrote:[

Yes! You have to have the testing done to make the serum. I hope that it goes away this winter. I hope....

I wonder if it would be more cost-efficient to just pave my whole yard... :nono: :rolleyes2:

lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » August 28th, 2010, 2:35 am

amazincc wrote:I wonder if it would be more cost-efficient to just pave my whole yard... :nono: :rolleyes2:

lol

I posed this same question to Facebook a few days ago! :lol:
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby hugapitbull » August 28th, 2010, 10:35 am

Believe me, over the span of 12 years it WOULD be more cost effective to pave the yard, AND you wouldn't have to mow :wink:

When Trouble was going through the allergy shot thing, we were instructed to keep a log. They wanted to know EVERYTHING. What did she eat, what time did she eat it. When were her baths, what products did you use. What snacks did you give, how many, what size, how many per day. What symptoms did you see today, were they better or worse than the day before. What medications were given, at what times.

You are looking for any pattern, that would give a clue that that combination is causing or contributing to the problem. I still have about a two (maybe three) year log of Trouble.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby BullyLady » August 28th, 2010, 12:09 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Believe me, over the span of 12 years it WOULD be more cost effective to pave the yard, AND you wouldn't have to mow :wink:

When Trouble was going through the allergy shot thing, we were instructed to keep a log. They wanted to know EVERYTHING. What did she eat, what time did she eat it. When were her baths, what products did you use. What snacks did you give, how many, what size, how many per day. What symptoms did you see today, were they better or worse than the day before. What medications were given, at what times.

You are looking for any pattern, that would give a clue that that combination is causing or contributing to the problem. I still have about a two (maybe three) year log of Trouble.

I wouldn't have thought of foods and baths, good idea! I guess I should get a notebook.... lol.
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Malli » August 28th, 2010, 1:47 pm

monitor trouble spots, feet, ears, etc ;)

If you have a digital camera, you might even want to take a picture in the same light every second day ;)

and yeah, anything different. Though we've never done the allergy journal. Different laundry soap, went to a new location (park, friend's house, etc), new cleaner in the house, accidentally ate ______, ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BullyLady » August 28th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Malli wrote:If you have a digital camera, you might even want to take a picture in the same light every second day ;)

I was thinking every week, you think it's worth it to do it every other day?
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Malli » August 29th, 2010, 2:27 am

I'd wait until she's been on them a week or two, but yes, I do think its worth it. I mean, if its a digital camera, why not, right? Its not like it costs anything...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Nutrition & Health