Fun Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Tubular Toby » August 26th, 2010, 8:15 pm

I make a pledge to find my camera this weekend to get pictures of Toby and Tilly playing together.

However, a really fun thing that they do is trading. Toby will be chewing on his nylabone and while Tilly loves nylabones, she can't get it away from Toby. So she will just zip off to my roommate's room where all of her coveted squeaky toys are and grab one of them. She comes flying back into the living room and drops it a foot or two from Toby, takes a step away and waits. Naturally Toby sees a squeaky toy and goes "OHMIGOSHanalivetoy!" and drops the nylabone in favor of the squeaky. Tilly immediately swoops in, snatches the nylabone and scurries off underneath the coffee table where Toby doesn't fit to chew on it.

She has done this on multiple occasions and it really is quite funny to watch because Toby falls for it every time. ^_^

What do your dogs do that never ceases to entertain you?
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 26th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Haha! Harlow will bark like someone is outside if she wants a toy, or the attention Degan has. Degan ALWAYS falls for it and runs to the window, and Harlow ALWAYS gets what she wants. Such a goofy girl.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 26th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Haha nice!! I wouldn't even have thought of that one. Smart dog. ^_^
-Kristen

Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Hundilein » August 26th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Hannah used to scratch at the back door to get Renee to leap off the couch, then Hannah would steal her spot. Renee did catch on after a while and started looking at the people in the room first to see if anyone was moving towards the door. Hannah still tries it when we visit, but it only works about half the time.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » August 26th, 2010, 11:49 pm

When I'm out playing with Seth and LiLo, or even walking them for that matter I can say "OMG I think there's a squirrel!" and they will run over to the nearby tree and check it out. I will say "Is there a squirrel up there? Are you going to get it?" LiLo will check it out, if there's no tree movement move on. Seth however will jump up and stand against the tree, he will look up really intently and then with my harping him about the squirrel will start barking. It's like he's saying "hey squirrel! Come here squirrel!" He falls for it over and over again with every tree. It never really gets old 'cause it gives him something to do :p

Pretty much Seth in general is entertaining - the lights are on upstairs but nobody is home LOL.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitsnok » August 27th, 2010, 12:21 am

Pretty much Seth in general is entertaining - the lights are on upstairs but nobody is home LOL.

That is Harlow to a T. If the dogs are playing rough on the bed and we say, "Who's here?" she ALWAYS runs to the window barking her cute little raspy bark... Degan will just turn and look at us like, "guys. I know you're lying."

Harlow has street smarts, she just lacks in the 'book' smart department...
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 27th, 2010, 1:19 am

Haha yeah with Toby if you say "SQUIRREL", even inside the house, he will look up at the ceiling, every corner in up there, around the room, all the while holding his breath so he can hear the nonexistent squirrel.
-Kristen

Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » August 27th, 2010, 3:28 pm

It seems pretty silly but I giggle every time my Schnauzer howls at Sirens, one day I'll catch him on video...
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amalie79 » August 27th, 2010, 4:06 pm

River does that with "squirrel," and anything that rhymes with it. We have to S-P-E-L-L it out now, and that's not near as easy as spelling O-U-T.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Ino » August 27th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Ino does that if you say "oh Sh*%" or snake- he loved chasing snakes & toads in NY and his new found love in Fl is chasing the little anoles. As soon as I let him out, he darts for the fence and starts bugging out on the lizards. It is hilarious because he runs up to where he saw them (and by then they are gone) and stomps his feet when he comes to a halt :giggle: . It is really amusing!! Now, if I say where's the lizard, he bugs out on the fence and will stare at it until you find a toy that will coax him out of his trance or point to another spot where there is no lizard- he will stare at it for a bit and move on (unless he blows air on a blade of grass and makes it move, then it is on again :rolleyes2: )!! I love my little goofball- he has so much fun and is so entertaining while he plays.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 27th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Trouble was like that with lizards when she was younger and when we had trees. She never learned the lizard went UP the tree. She would circle and circle and paw where she last saw it.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amazincc » August 28th, 2010, 12:32 am

Tubular Toby wrote:
What do your dogs do that never ceases to entertain you?

Oh, there is TONS of stuff mine do on a daily basis to entertain me... lol

My favorite though - no matter where they all are or what they're doing... if I pet one it's a pretty sure bet that I'll have all five trying to wrangle into my lap five seconds later. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Pit Bull Talk