New to forum - Owner of Full Pit Bull since 7/2009

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 24th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Hello my name is Nicole (IN), and my family and I own a beautiful pit bull named Lucky Luck Link.

Lucky was born June 15, 2009, and hand picked by my now 2 1/2 almost 3 year old daughter when with my mother at a woman's house she knew. From my understanding Lucky is the only pup to live from his litter of about 6. We were the only ones that received a puppy that knew something was wrong when we received him and took him straight to the vet. I knew that my boy was going to cost us but he is well worth it, I would prefer to try, pay, and lose rather than lose him and know I did nothing to help him survive.

Honestly I said no Pit in our home when my fiance kept begging for one after his other 1/2 pit dog Roxxy wouldn't leave my parents home after staying there for two weeks while he found a proper home where he could have her. At home we had a chihuaua, black lab/beagle mix, and black lab/dobermin mix then Roxxy who is pit/beagle mix was added, so I do have a lot of experience with dogs. Back to the "I said no pits"....I was not looking down on the breed it was that I felt to be a good dog, well trained, loving, and very socialized pit bull we had to have a lot of time to be there for him, and I didn't want to be the irresponsible pit bull owner. Well I must admit after my daughter picked him and as he has grown I have come to see even though we work during the day we still had lots of time and still do for him and our daughter. He just loves to see everyone and get his loving, he and I have become attached :) he is my other baby, and a good example of a good pit bull and shows people that they have received a bad name because of the stupidity of others making them fighting dogs rather than as their pet and a part of the family.

My daughter and lucky play well together and when our daughter tells him to do something he listens which we wanted him to know he had to listen to her as well as us. We took him to the Vet this weekend because I figured he had a grass allergy so he needed to be seen, and they love him and he likes them. He gets happy to see them, unless they have nail clippers :) .

I probably need to shorten this story so.....I may be a new pit owner (just over a year) but I have learned a lot about him and will continue to learn about him and the breed to make sure we know what we can to protect him and others, and be responsible owners of a pit bull(s). I hope to learn a lot from all the owners, etc on this site. Maybe I can teach something to someone.
Also I would like to maybe join a site or something that stands up for the breed, so if someone could recommend one to me that is good and true to the believes of standing behind the breed that would be great.

Thank you,
The Link Family (Nicole, David, Aubree, and of course Lucky)

**I will post a picture of Lucky this evening when I get home because my pictures are on my home computer.
Believe, be loyal & loving, keep them happy, healthy & safe. They will surprise you in the end & give it all right back - PitBulls.
Family: David-Dad, Nicole-Mom, Aubree-Princess (queen really), Lucky-our Prince puppy.
**PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE PITBULL OWNERS OR ANY DOG FOR THAT MATTER!
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 24th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Hi Nicole! Welcome! Lucky sounds like a happy dog. I can't wait to see some pictures later! What was wrong with Lucky when you got him?
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 24th, 2010, 3:34 pm

Welcome Nicole and everyone else in your human and dog family. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » August 24th, 2010, 9:16 pm

So glad to have you!!!!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby amazincc » August 24th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » August 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm

:wave2: Welcome to your entire family! Lucky sure does sound like a lucky guy! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 25th, 2010, 8:49 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 12:52 am

Thanks everyone for the welcome. It has taken me a bit but I may be able to get up of him n us now :)

And Lucky had a belly full of worms which she had said she was treating n had given him a at home shot. When we took him in the vet confirmed that his belly was way fuller than it should have been. Also we had to start his shots over and lots of fleas. I was told we need to just start from the beginning and do shots meds n flea med. If we wouldn't have taken him the worms or even fleas could have caused the same ending as his siblings. I'm glad my daughter wanted him. He has been the best pup ever.
I will post pics next.
Believe, be loyal & loving, keep them happy, healthy & safe. They will surprise you in the end & give it all right back - PitBulls.
Family: David-Dad, Nicole-Mom, Aubree-Princess (queen really), Lucky-our Prince puppy.
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 1:28 am

1st set of photos.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 1:32 am

2nd set...... :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 1:38 am

Lucky n me....lazy buds :dogWink:
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 1:43 am

sorry about pics, but a few more I just love em. I need to find the one of him and my daughter cuddling. It is so cute. They are such buddies, he even waits for his good night kiss from her when she goes to bed, he puts his head out for it. :)
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » August 26th, 2010, 5:46 am

Your daughter is adorable, as are you. :)

Lucky was such a cutie-patootie as a puppy! I love the "watching the tub" photo. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 26th, 2010, 9:15 am

Awe, he looks so HAPPY. :)
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » August 26th, 2010, 12:32 pm

:wave2: Welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 26th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Thank you all.
iluvk9 - He is a little nutty because he actually likes taking baths (not always but about 90% of the time). And thank you about me and my daughter is almost three (november) time goes fast. Since we are moving to where these two have so much land to run on and just play it is going to be great. He can get some of that energy out too. Well both can acutally :).
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby Ammadien » August 26th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Wow he is stunning. What a lucky:-D fella.

Nate
Ammadien
Just Whelped

Postby Lucky09-mom » August 27th, 2010, 12:26 am

Thanks Nate. He surprises me all the time! He actually likes the vet too. They can pet him love him just don't bring the clippers :)
Lucky09-mom
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » August 27th, 2010, 10:41 am

Cute, Cute, Cute,

Welcome To PBT and keep the pictures coming. Lucky looks like quite a character. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Ammadien » August 27th, 2010, 11:37 am

Lucky09-mom wrote:Thanks Nate. He surprises me all the time! He actually likes the vet too. They can pet him love him just don't bring the clippers :)

Oh I know! Zuki absolutely loves the vet. One time she was getting blood drawn and I had to hold her butt from wiggling, even though someone was stabbing her with a needle lol.

Nate
Ammadien
Just Whelped

Return to Introductions