Is your dog a morning person?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby plebayo » August 24th, 2010, 10:12 am

So I get up at 5am every morning. I am definitely NOt a morning person but it's the only time that I have time to hit the gym. When I get up the dogs get up, I let them outside, they do their business, I feed them. When they come in however Lilo will hang out with me while I get breakfast together but Seth immediately goes back to bed. If it's like after 8am and I start moving around in bed Seth will be right there in my face but at 5am he won't move until my alarm goes off. He definitely does not do mornings.

When we go to the gym when I come out LiLo will be sitting looking out the window of my canopy and Seth will be curled up asleep, he's just not a morning person at all LOL. It makes me laugh because it's just such a human thing to want to go back to bed in the AM.

Is your dog into mornings?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Suzi » August 24th, 2010, 10:45 am

Bella is the ultimate "Crack of noon" queen.....If I open the curtains and the sun shines in, she will use her nose to tunnel her head under the covers or a pillow... The only way I can get her "goin" early is to ask her if she wants some breakfast...LOL.....What a life.......
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 24th, 2010, 11:16 am

Inara would sleep all day if I let her! She goes back to bed after I feed her, and then only wakes up long enough to go outside before I leave for work. She then goes into her crate and immediately lies down, lol .
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 24th, 2010, 11:46 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Inara would sleep all day if I let her! She goes back to bed after I feed her, and then only wakes up long enough to go outside before I leave for work. She then goes into her crate and immediately lies down, .

Petie does the same thing! I actually had to start down the hallway today to get her because she wouldn't get out of bed to go potty before I had to leave for work. Then she didn't even eat, just darted for her crate. When we come home in the PM, it's a whole new ball game. :bounce:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 24th, 2010, 12:38 pm

I have a sleeper inner too. He'll get up because I'm up, but then flop back down in his 2nd floor bed (we sleep on the the 3rd).
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » August 24th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Our dogs will sleep all day if they can... but I do think they are morning people.
They are SO SWEET in the morning! They are cuddly and they give little tiny kisses and just love on us. Morning is my favorite time with the dogs.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » August 24th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Ino is definately a lazy boy!! He too would sleep all day if you let him; however, since the move, he has been getting up early for some reason. In NY, he would sleep until after I had my coffee, got dressed and would get up right before I put my shoes on. Now, he stirs before I am up to remind me it is time to get up :rolleyes2: . He does stir for a short time and goes back to bed though. He loves his beauty sleep!!! He is actually zonked out next to me right now. The kitties on the other hand have become very vocal since the move- meowing for absolutely no reason at all hours. I think they like hearing the echo since there is a lot of tile in the house :doh: .
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 25th, 2010, 1:34 am

I love this question because Toby is so definitely NOT a morning dog. My roommate's dog, Tilly, will be very bubbly in the morning. She will pounce all over Toby (who usually drives HER crazy wanting to play) and he will just stagger outside to pee and then stagger back to wherever he was laying down at with a huge dramatic plop and groan. Most of the time when my alarm gets off and I leave the room, he won't even bother getting out of bed. It's not until I say, "let's go outside' does he finally stretch up and take his super quick potty. However when I am ready for bed and exhausted from the day, Toby gets his second (or third or fourth or fifth wind) and wants to PLAY PLAY PLAY. He is definitely a night owl. I blame my boyfriend who is also a night owl and has on occasions caused me to be one.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby call2arms » August 25th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Jessie would sleep all day too, if I let her. She won't move out of her chair unless she really needs to go outside (and that's rare) or if I tell her it's time to go out. Even then, she stretches her way out of the chair and gives me the stink eye cause I made her move. Then, outside she fake pees so she can go back in as soon as possible (and that gets worse as the temperature gets colder). I really have to pay attention and make her go on a couple of different grass spots. And then I feed her and she goes back to sleep, until I take her out again for real exercise before I go to work.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby madremissy » August 25th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Kinzyl and Sammy are defintely NOT morning dogs. They get up at 5:30 with me (when I have to practically push them out of bed), go out and potty and back in the bed. I have to come to the bedroom to say goodbye to them. :rolleyes2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby HappyChick » August 26th, 2010, 10:42 am

It figures I'd have the oddball dogs... :D

Mine are definitely morning dogs, just my luck. I am not a morning person so don't particularly enjoy being awakened early on my days off (I hardly ever get to sleep past 7 am). Last night we went to bed a little earlier than usual, so Leni woke me up about an hour before my alarm went off this morning. She was in a playful mood and woke us all up to play!!

Reno is usually wide awake in the mornings, I think because he knows he's going to get to eat! Guido is getting slower about rising since he is so old, but once he is up, he's usually raring to go!

Vinny used to jump up when he heard the alarm go off, put his front paws on the bed (sometimes on my arm), get about an inch from my face, and stare at me until I got up. Reno and Leni stare at me too some mornings and lick my face till they know I'm awake which takes about one wet lick!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby TinaMartin » August 27th, 2010, 9:46 am

Both of mine are morning dogs. They are both awake no later than 6am.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Pit Bull Talk