How do you pronounce Degan?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Degan?

I am going to order a collarmania collar and my boyfriend got all bent out of shape for spelling his name this way because it "looks different than it's pronounced."

How do you guys think it's pronounced?
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 20th, 2010, 3:04 pm

I read his name as "Dee-Gun". Rhymes with.....um...nothing I can think of.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » August 20th, 2010, 3:13 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I read his name as "Dee-Gun". Rhymes with.....um...nothing I can think of.

x2 :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » August 20th, 2010, 3:27 pm

I read it as Dee-Gan.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby maberi » August 20th, 2010, 3:36 pm

What Joyce said
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 3:42 pm

Thanks guys. (I won)... but I let him pick the color so I could continue to spell his name the RIGHT way!

He insisted it should be Deegan (like the motocross rider, Brian Deegan) because that's where 'he' came up with the name.

I win! I win! =)

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 20th, 2010, 5:34 pm

TinaMartin wrote:I read it as Dee-Gan.

ditto
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Okay... well it's not like DEE GAN (rhymes with FREE CAN)... It's kind of like my name, Brittany... You don't say it like brit-an-ee you just say it like britney. Degan you just say it like deegun i guess. haha. geez I never knew this was so confusing!

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 20th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Funny that he's named after Brian Deegan. Our bird is named after Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg from the Metal Mullisha. :D

I would have said "Dee-gun" too, no matter if it had one "e" or two.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Funny that he's named after Brian Deegan. Our bird is named after Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg from the Metal Mullisha. :D

Haha, oh wow that's awesome.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 20th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Maybe it depends on[b] our accents[/ :| b] as to how we perceive the name and say it?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Good point, Joyce. My nearly-deaf grandpa called he Deacon the whole time he saw him, haha. But really there's not much of a difference there.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » August 21st, 2010, 8:44 am

I thought it was pronouced Dee-gan too. I do see, though, how it could be pronounced like Megan.

Some people couldn't pronounce Vincenzo correctly, but that's because it's Italian. He was called Vincent sometimes, hehe! It's actually pronounced Vint-chent-so. It was just easier for everyone to call him Vinny.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » August 21st, 2010, 12:26 pm

The way I pronounce it the 'a' is a bit lower then it could be spoken. Dee-gaan, not the higher, more nasal way it can be spoken

:lol3: if that makes sense or helps
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » August 22nd, 2010, 6:04 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I read his name as "Dee-Gun". Rhymes with.....um...nothing I can think of.

Agreed as well
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Off-Topic