They cut off her nipples!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby turtle » April 24th, 2006, 12:34 am

Ouch! Poor kitty!

Good letter and I hope you get a proper apology. There's no excuse for cutting her nipples like that.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby pLaurent » April 28th, 2006, 5:33 pm

WTF???????

I took the cat up there, he just said yeah it looked as if he'd nicked them (the one especially) and "sorry" that was about it

This is mutilation, but I guess "who cares" since it's only a junky tabby cat, right?

I have had countless cats spayed and never EVER heard of such a thing. Outrageous! Please don't let this go! :o
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » April 28th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Any update on this? Have you heard back from the vet's office?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 6:24 pm

I got the letter sent yesterday. They should have it today --- maybe Monday but no later than that. I'll let you guys know. The scabs fell off and left her little more than a shadow where the nipples on the top side of the incision were. The ones on the bottom fared a bit better and you can see some nipple there.
I KNOW it bothered her because she licked the scabs - she didn't lick just her tummy, you know?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 28th, 2006, 8:36 pm

I know it may be no big issue in the long run, but why should you pay full boat for that??

Poor gal . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 8:54 pm

A shoddy, careless job? I know. I thought about putting a stop payment on the check I left with them to be cashed yesterday. But I decided naw...I'll put the ball in their court...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 28th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Oh definitely. Not paying and stop payments are kind of a 'no-no.'

Just pay, thereby holding up your end of the contract, and hopefully they'll do the right thing. If not, you'll have to decide how far you want to go with it. :(
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 28th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I thought the first rule of being a physician is "First do no harm"?

This is gross negligence, incredibly sloppy "Oh, who gives a damn about a stupid cat?" work and insensitivity to the animal they are being paid to help to be not hurt. :x
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » April 28th, 2006, 9:23 pm

I agree. :(
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 9:38 pm

pLaurent wrote:I thought the first rule of being a physician is "First do no harm"?
This is gross negligence, incredibly sloppy "Oh, who gives a damn about a stupid cat?" work and insensitivity to the animal they are being paid to help to be not hurt. :x

That was my feeling too...the feeling I got from the vet.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » April 28th, 2006, 10:25 pm

I'm really mortified by what this vet did to your kitty...and the sheer nonchalance about it....

While I don't agree with my vet's policy to do a heartworm check on all dogs every year, my vet was very honest about the policy, and I agree that he has always tried to save me money on other things (e.g., if my dogs get diarrhea, he prescribes Flagyl without doing a fecal...and when my older cat was really sick with hyperthryroidism and kidney failure, the vet provided fluids at no charge (he was getting fluids twice a week)...

The thing is that he'd never try to HARM one of my animals, nor would he act nonchalant if he did
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 10:35 pm

That's great...having a great vet is so essential.
Our local vet, while she made me upset when we needed an official vet report when I got the dog back that'd been starved, and she was snotty about it, she's a GOOD vet, I feel.
I ended up going up to this guy because he was less $$ on the spay, by about $50.00.
But then he also charged me $35.00 to look at her eye, for an "office call" when she was already there!! :? So already I wasn't pleased but had he left my kitty's nipples alone I'd not have said anything!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 28th, 2006, 11:36 pm

I love my vet, and Chloe loves her too. She likes pit bulls, she's wonderful with my dog, and has treated her for heartworms and bladder stones with no complications and has shown true concern for her.

The male vet in the office does NOT like cats. He's a big fan of purebred dogs and makes a fuss over Chloe when I bring her in, but I make sure I do not ever see him for her or for my cats.

To me, a vet should be just as conscientious, thorough and compassionate when treating rats, rabbits or purebred Irish Wolfhounds, no matter their personal preference. I don't want someone who dislikes certain animals to treat any of mine.

I am so sorry for what was done to your kitty. :(
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 11:50 pm

That's so true.
When I was living in OR, and had a purebred Springer Spaniel, my vet loved her, he always would say "I had a Springer when I was growing up!". But he didn't not like other animals...you always had the feeling that he respected them all, either way, and that's how they should be!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » May 9th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Is something happened since then??? :| Hope the kittie feeleing better too!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 9th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Nothing... :| nothing written, no calls, nothing...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » May 9th, 2006, 8:33 pm

:(
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby katiek0417 » May 9th, 2006, 8:53 pm

msvette2u wrote:Nothing... :| nothing written, no calls, nothing...

I would find a new vet....

When my vet heard I was upset about the heartworm test, he called me personally and spent an hour talking with me on the phone about it...that's a vet who cares...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Previous