nippa's antics

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby aussiepitty » August 15th, 2010, 4:39 am

Have just finnished traveling around oz with my partner and nippa, since we have been back home she has started to howl when i leave home without her. I was just wonderig if there is any suggestions on how to stop her from acting up.
aussiepitty
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2010, 10:21 am

Can you give us so more details? It's hard to figure out exactly what's going on when we can't see/feel/hear the dog...so more details are always better! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby aussiepitty » August 15th, 2010, 8:55 pm

She howls as soon as she realises im anywhere near her, as soon as she realises that im going out without her she will howl. We have spent the last 6 to 8 months in the car and she has always loved a good drive but noe she just wants to live in the car finding it hard to break the habbit. Other than that everything else is great she is starting to mature really well, i walk her twice a day and swim in her own private swimming hole regularly.
aussiepitty
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2010, 9:04 pm

How old is she?

Is she crated when you leave or loose?

Do you give her things to keep her entertained while you're gone?

How do you react when you leave and come back?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby aussiepitty » August 15th, 2010, 9:14 pm

No she plays with other male dog in our yard. She is 3 in 6 days and always has chew toys and lots of kangaroo bones and meat to entertain her. I always play with her before i leave and after i get back i think, i might spoil her a bit but cant help it she is my best mate in the world and love her dearly.
aussiepitty
Just Whelped

Return to Training & Behavior