Dog bites child twice.

Postby SLS61185 » August 13th, 2010, 3:31 am

Thoughts on this? The news actually says it's a boxer mix. But of course the people commenting say Pit. I actually feel sorry for the dog. :sighs:
If you go to the link, the video is on there.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/24609578/detail.html

Child Bitten By Family Dog In Spring Grove Village
Boy Hospitalized With Facial Injuries
POSTED: 2:23 pm EDT August 12, 2010
UPDATED: 5:56 pm EDT August 12, 2010
Email Print
Comments (15)CINCINNATI --

A child was hospitalized Thursday afternoon after being bitten by the family dog.

Dispatchers said the boy, Quaheem White, was bitten on the face at a home in the 700 block of Beechwood Avenue in Spring Grove Village.

Watch Report

Emergency crews took the child by ambulance to Children's Hospital.

No information was available about the severity of the boy's injuries.

Animal control officers were sent to the area to capture the dog, a boxer mix, which was secured inside the family's home after a brief chase.

Police said the boy's mother was not home, but another adult was present at the time.

A utility worker heard the child screaming and saw the boy when he ran outside for help, with the dog giving chase.

"He was hysterical," said contractor Johnathan True. "I'm not sure how bad, but he was very hysterical."

The boy had been bitten earlier this week by the same dog, police said.

The incident remains under investigation.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitsnok » August 13th, 2010, 3:52 am

From what I can see, it does look pretty boxer-ish. But really, people very often consider boxer mixes pit bulls. They're too closely related to have an obviously difference when it comes to mixes--IMO.

I can't help but laugh at this person's comment:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PARENTS OF THIS DOG. IT IS A BOXER, PITBULL AND PERHAPS ROTWIELLER MIX. WHILE THERE ARE PITBULL THAT ARE NICE PETS. HOWEVER, IF THE ARE MISTREATED OR IF THEY BITE AND GET THE
THE TASTE OF BLOOD THAT'S IT. HOPEFULLY THE POLICE OR ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER WILL DISPOSE OF THIS DOG OR PERHAPS THEY WOULD PREFER TO DISPOSE OF THE CHILD. MORONS!

The taste of blood?? like a shark? I was unaware pit bulls were close relatives to sea creatures but perhaps I could be mistaken?
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2010, 6:19 am

If my dog of any breed bit my child once, he wouldn't be around for the second bite.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 13th, 2010, 9:45 am

iluvk9 wrote:If my dog of any breed bit my child once, he wouldn't be around for the second bite.

They at the very least wouldn't be left unsupervised together. :nono:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » August 13th, 2010, 10:24 am

They at the very least wouldn't be left unsupervised together. :nono:

Bingo.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby HappyChick » August 13th, 2010, 11:02 am

iluvk9 wrote:If my dog of any breed bit my child once, he wouldn't be around for the second bite.

Just what I was thinking if it was an unprovoked, serious bite.

pitsnok wrote:The taste of blood?? like a shark? I was unaware pit bulls were close relatives to sea creatures but perhaps I could be mistaken?

The idiot radio guy from Chicago, Mancow, calls pit bulls "land sharks". I guess I'm doomed because Leni eats raw meat twice a day!! :shock: Ya reckon she's gonna "SNAP" on me one of these days???!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 13th, 2010, 11:35 am

Why is the neighbor standing on the porch with a bat? If there was a loose dog that you were afraid of running around your neighborhood, wouldn't you just get you kids and pets and yourself into your house? :crazy2:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SLS61185 » August 14th, 2010, 5:19 am

I've always told Mike I'm of two minds when it comes to Patch and biting. I've always said if he EVER seriously bites me or someone else then he's gone... No questions asked. But then there's the other part of me that says no, he's my baby and I could never let him go. I just don't know.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » August 14th, 2010, 9:06 am

SLS61185 wrote:I've always told Mike I'm of two minds when it comes to Patch and biting. I've always said if he EVER seriously bites me or someone else then he's gone... No questions asked. But then there's the other part of me that says no, he's my baby and I could never let him go. I just don't know.

I think it does depend on the situation....Most of you know that when I got Lenny, at 9 yrs old, he was a fear biter. He is a Golden, not a Pit Bull, but his bite still hurts like hell. :wink: No growl, no lip up, no warning...just turned and lashed out. He bit me, my Vet, the Vet Tech, to name a few. My Vet gave him one last chance and warned me to keep my face away from him.

I was scared he would go for me again, so I made sure EVERY encounter with him was safe for me. (I wore a catchers mask and heavy construction gloves when even brushing his matted hair). 8) I only let my son and DIL near him, because they do what I told them when around him. :)

After two years now, I DO trust him enough to put my face near his, as he has turned into a "real dog" not an abused one. But I know my limits with him and if he truly doesn't want to "do something" I let him win the situation. It's usually when I WANT him to go outside and he DOESN'T. Stupid arguments like that.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 14th, 2010, 9:09 am

I've been bitten by family dogs...my dad's doberman and Sawyer have left scars on my arms. Both times there was a reason for the bite...and in Sawyer's bite...it was my own goddamn fault.

So...I never say never.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 14th, 2010, 9:28 am

My grandma's dachsunds used to bite us when we were kids. Usually when we were trying to get into their bed or ride them.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » August 14th, 2010, 10:15 am

Simon has been a fear biter-- some of that is due to his health now. With his arthritis, and other ailments, I think he's afraid that the hands coming toward him are going to make him do something that hurts.

At any rate, he loves to see guests come to the door, but I only allow people around him that I trust will follow my directions and give him the time and space he needs to be comfy with them. He tends to give his family warnings when he's not happy, but other people... it's iffy. He definitely requires management, but I can see that his response has reason behind it. It's not some sort of sudden rage. The only times it's been a problem with us, we knew better than to do whatever we were doing.

I have a friend with a 7 kids, and only her oldest 2 are allowed in my house. It's setting everyone up for success, IMO.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » August 14th, 2010, 4:57 pm

PetieMarie22 wrote:My grandma's dachsunds used to bite us when we were kids. Usually when we were trying to get into their bed or ride them.

You don't say... :shock:

LMAO LMAO LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » August 14th, 2010, 5:59 pm

I was bitten once, by my uncles Spitz mix, when I was around five or so. I was told not to touch his tail, because it was broken - so, of course, I did. :rolleyes2: :neutral:
THEN I got the ass-whooping of my life for not listening, but the dog and I remained good friends anyway... he still let me "help" him herd the cows on the farm. lol

I've never been bitten by one of my dogs (knocks on wood), but if that ever happens I'd have to examine my own actions very closely before deciding on what to do next. :|

I have been bitten by cats for no reason... evil little critters... :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 14th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Cats LOVE to bite me.

I was bitten by the small terrier mix my family had when I was a baby. I have a scar from my lip from it.
The dog didn't stick around long after, my mother was sure of that.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » August 15th, 2010, 11:21 am

The dog looks like a pit boxer mix, in fact it looks a lot like a Pit that used to live in my neighborhood. We used to have a pit in our neighborhood who chased me down on my bike a few times and also tried to eat some kids in our neighborhood. When he was with his owner he was friendly and nice, when he was loose he was aggressive and fearful.

Okay I watched the video and the dog followed the kid out of the home and then attacked him. What the heck?! The kid's own dog bit him twice?! If it was my dog it either a.) would never want to bite my kid again due to unpleasant aftermath or b.) the dog would totally be taking a dirt nap.

And I think the neighbor is hanging out with a bat because she was probably trying to help them wrangle the dog. The neighbor has probably seen what the dog is capable of, I doubt the reported bites are the only incidents this dog has had.

The owners got cited for a loose dog, this is a second offense the dog should be taken away and evaluated for adoption potential into a responsible home. Talk about a slap on the wrist, obviously these people don't watch their dog. Does there have to be a third bite?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2010, 11:38 am

plebayo wrote:Okay I watched the video and the dog followed the kid out of the home and then attacked him. What the heck?! The kid's own dog bit him twice?!

Well yeah...that's called "being a dog". They're predatory animals...how many times have you seen dogs chasing little running screaming things? My guys get amped up by kids running and screaming too...but I supervise them with kids! Just because a dog lives with a kid does not make him child-safe. And no kid and dog should be left unsupervised, period.

If it was my dog it either a.) would never want to bite my kid again due to unpleasant aftermath or b.) the dog would totally be taking a dirt nap.

Again...for me it would really depend on what had happened. :| This is not a good situation with this family and dog...I mean...why was a little kid home alone anyway?

And I think the neighbor is hanging out with a bat because she was probably trying to help them wrangle the dog. The neighbor has probably seen what the dog is capable of, I doubt the reported bites are the only incidents this dog has had.

But why be outside at all? Wouldn't it be safer peeking through the windows from inside the house? :dance:

TheRedQueen

Return to All the news that's fit to print