Barking in Crate

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby furever_pit » August 10th, 2010, 11:47 am

I would like y'all's help in figuring out how I can curb this behavior that Cairo (the Mal) has started to display. I'm not sure when it started because my roommate just told me about it the other day.

Cairo is quiet in his crate the vast majority of the time. Except, evidently, when I am out training Dylan. I can not hear Cairo barking when I am outside of the house so that is why I was unaware of this behavior. Obviously, I cannot correct Cairo while I am outside working Dylan, can't mark and reward either. I do not want my roommates correcting him and I don't want to put a bark collar on a 6 month old puppy. Suggestions??

One thing about this that I just find interesting...
When crated at training (whether in the car or in the garage) Cairo does not keep barking on and on while the other dogs are being worked.

I appreciate any help and/or brainstorming.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » August 10th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Might just be because he wants to see whats going on. He might know that you are doing training and wants to be part of it. Is there somewhere you can keep him outside with you during training and maybe use him as distraction?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Training & Behavior