Someone is biting my dog!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 9th, 2010, 10:14 am

In the past few weeks I have noticed many small bumps, mostly ontop of Petie's head between her ears, but a few on her face. It's hard to really see, but when I dig in there it seems like a scab. I thought it was bug bites, but why would they only be on her head? She doesn't seem to be trying to itch them either. She is on Revolution.
My boyfriend thinks they are from her playing with the dog next door. There is a lot of playful biting when they play, but they have been playing together for over 6 months now. Why would these bumps come up now?
Anyone encounter anything like this? Any ideas?
I didn't bother taking pictures because all you can really see is bumps in her fur. At the end of her hair ontop of the bumps are just scabs.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » August 9th, 2010, 11:13 am

She could be having an allergic reaction to something that has maybe only come into contact with her head? My thoughts would be some kind of skin infection.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » August 9th, 2010, 12:48 pm

sounds like a possible staph. skin infection (as plebayo mentioned), the scab would probably be from a burst pustule that is healing.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 9th, 2010, 2:49 pm

So is that something that clears up? Or should I take her to the vet?
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 10th, 2010, 2:26 am

Depends, if it is spreading or worsening in appearence, then I would...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Nutrition & Health