Ignorant stupid Pit Bull owners!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Rolex+Deebo » August 3rd, 2010, 11:29 pm

:cuss:
Rolex got attacked by a loose pit tonight. He has a couple of pretty deep puncture holes, and lots of little ones. My poor old man looks like swiss cheese :cry: . And all the A-hole could say is "I didnt know he was going to run out the door." I wanted to punch him SO bad!! :choke: :fork: :bitchSlap1: Thankfully the neighbors were there and saw the whole thing(and kept me cool). The AC lady was very nice, and supportive, which was nice cuz I always seem to get complete idiots that just argue with me over dumb $hit. :rant: So on top of Zivas Vet $ cuz they r going to have to open her back up to stop what ever is bleeding inside, now I have this!!!! :doh: I swear, I just cant win in life, just cant. :shake:
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby hugapitbull » August 4th, 2010, 5:41 am

That just sucks! Wishing the old man a speedy recovery.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 4th, 2010, 7:24 am

Oh no! I assume the dumbass is going to pay for his vet bills???

And what's wrong with Ziva???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » August 4th, 2010, 8:47 am

I'm sorry to hear about the big guy but I'm glad he is ok. Did anyone help you get the other dog off of him?

I've had a couple of close calls on walks with my guys but nothing that ever progressed into a fight
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 4th, 2010, 8:50 am

>( Sorry to hear that happened! That really sucks!! I hope both your dogs are ok.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Rolex+Deebo » August 4th, 2010, 9:11 am

Well the dumb ass is not paying for the Vet bills, I would have to take them to small claims court. Rolex is looking ok today. And no no one helped, they were all too scared to get near them. The other dog ran up, they sniffed, and then the other dog grabbed Rolex's face. He didn't let go till his grip slipped, and he was only holding Rolex's neck, and Rolex bit his leg. I tried, but in the mayhem Rolex tore out of his collar. And this was on Chilli Ave, so I was trying to pull the dog off, and make sure that when I did, Rolex didn't bolt in to the road. Ziva got spayed 2 Saturdays ago, but something inside is leaking, so she has a tennis ball size bump full of fluid on her tummy. Thought that is looking better today, hoping it stops by its self. :puke: is how I feel.

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 4th, 2010, 2:20 pm

So, you have a police report then? It's about $30 to take someone to small claims court. Rochester has a leash law. Your dog was on leash, his was loose. Take them to court, and you should win with no problem. Did he get a ticket for his dog being loose? If not, call AC and talk to the officer that responded, see if the other person was issued a ticket for their dog being loose. That person IS responsible for the vet bills. PERIOD.

Remember, don't try to pull dogs apart in a fight. That causes more damage. You want to try to choke them off. Using the leash as a noose would have been helpful since he slipped his collar.

I'm glad he's on the mend.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » August 4th, 2010, 3:03 pm

That really, really sucks-- it seems like we have a neverending caravan to the vet's office, so I know how you feel. I think the last 2 week period alone has cost me about $500 (NOT including the usual pills, supplements and shots). :rolleyes2:

Some idiot's loose collie mix tried to attack Robin; our poor girl slipped her collar, too, and took off running down the street. Luckily my husband intervened before it got bad. I'd take them to small claims court. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle, but vet bills rack up...and quickly, as you know. >(

When Robin was spayed, she had a baseball sized lump; the internal stiches were rubbing an irritation. The vet did an aspiration to make sure it was just fluid, and we kept her on a round of antiobiotics and warm compresses. It finally reabsorbed.

Good luck-- thinking good thoughts for your crew. :goodthoughts:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 4th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Even though it is a hassle, if you have all the proper documentation, I'd take him to small claims. Not only for the money, but for the principle of the matter. He shouldn't be able to just get away with being careless just because he wants to.

So sorry to hear that happened though. That's rough, especially with the timing. =(
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Rolex+Deebo » August 5th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Glad to say that Ziva's bump is smaller, and smaller. So She should b ok.
Rolex is starting to hate me, with all the cleaning, and warm compresses. But he seems fine.
So how does one take an asshole to small claims court?
They got a ticket for unleashed dog, and not licensed dog. But I got no paper at all. :|
Do I go there and ask for the report? And then where do you go to file a "claim" LOL
I'm a little clueless. :oops:
Thank you all so much for the good thoughts!

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 5th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Call animal control and ask them what you need to do to get a copy of the tickets for civil litigation purposes. You're probably going to need to go get it, but call first because it's probably not available yet. Were there other witnesses? Were statements taken from them? Your first place to start is AC, and the officer who responded to the call. Once you have all the papers you file a claim at the court house - but wait until all the treatments are done so you have an amount to sue for. I also don't know if you can sue for "damages" or not with a pet in New York, but if you can, tack on an extra $100 for pain and suffering. The worst that can happen is the judge takes it off. And if they leave it on, buy him some new toys.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » August 5th, 2010, 5:54 pm

I am glad Rolex is basically okay after this incident. My biggest fear is a dog fight with an unknown dog when I walk any of mine.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby shady-angel » August 11th, 2010, 2:15 am

I'm sorry about your fur baby,
I used to have so much trouble with lose dogs and cujo :nono: he would rip them apart if he had the chance. :cuss:
Unfortunately cujo was very dog aggressive but he was leashed with a gentle leader.
Angie.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Pit Bull Talk