Bump by Cooper's eye

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby jcoffey917 » August 1st, 2010, 7:54 pm

This morning I noticed a lump by Cooper's eye that looked kind of like a big bug bite. But it has gotten darker throughout the day. He's now itching his head on the carpet and it was bleeding a little so it's making me nervous. I tried to take some pics but only had my phone and he wouldn't sit still, so they didn't come out too great. Has anyone seen a bump like this?
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 1st, 2010, 8:17 pm

Ouch! That looks painful! It does look like a bug bite or something, but it must be bothering him if he's pestering it that much. Maybe some Benadryl? Or ice on it?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » August 1st, 2010, 8:19 pm

:( owie! I'd at least give some benadryl...but that's what I do with my guys for any bites/stings...automatically. ;) Has he had bendaryl before?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby jcoffey917 » August 1st, 2010, 8:39 pm

Has he had bendaryl before?

He's never had it before, but I can run and grab him some.
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » August 2nd, 2010, 2:33 am

I'd bet it's a bug bite, probably itchy as heck
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07

Postby iluvk9 » August 2nd, 2010, 6:12 am

Poor guy! He looks so forlorn in those poses.
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Nutrition & Health