Need some good thoughts for this boy tomorrow, please!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby amazincc » July 29th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:"I live on the 2nd floor!"
"I live upstairs from you"

"Yes, I think you've seen me before"
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby furever_pit » July 29th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Oh. My. God. :shock:
That poor poor dog.
And what evil people! Someone deserves a severe beating for this.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby turtle » July 30th, 2010, 12:33 am

I'm glad he had an easy night with you. He's probably never had it so good....

If you wanted to stay close to the sound of "Loco", what about Pogo? Or Poco? Does he know and answer to the name Loco at all?

Whatever he's called, he's one lucky dog!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » August 1st, 2010, 12:40 am

my god, poor puppy. that is absolutely horrible. I'm sure he's very happy to be living the good life!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby plebayo » August 1st, 2010, 12:59 am

Awwww poor guy!

Honestly we see pelvic injuries all the time and usually when they heal up the pain is over. Yeah if he were to go for a hard run or do some kind of serious exercise I'm sure he'd be painful but just walking around. I only have to argue this because my dog Seth had a busted elbow that was never fixed/pinned. It healed on it's own. He has some early arthritis going on and there's crackling when you manipulate the joint. On a normal day he's not sore and isn't gimpy, after hard exercise he definitely gets stiff/sore so I'll give him rimadyl but I hardly thinks it's a good enough reason to hack his leg off or off him.

If he didn't have to be sedated for x-rays I find it unlikely the dog is in serious pain, I'm sure the vet manipulated his hips and knees and even if a dog doesn't yelp in pain you can usually feel them tense up when you're trying to extend something.

I really think if anything he's going to have the best time of his life with you - he'll finally know what it is like to truly be loved and cared for.

I second 'Luca' I really like the name Luke. I guess it depends on the dog's mentality as far as a drastic name change or a similar name chang. Some of my coworkers call Seth Lenny after a character in Mice and Men and he responds to it even though his name is Seth and I only call him Seth haha.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » August 1st, 2010, 1:24 am

plebayo wrote:
If he didn't have to be sedated for x-rays I find it unlikely the dog is in serious pain, I'm sure the vet manipulated his hips and knees and even if a dog doesn't yelp in pain you can usually feel them tense up when you're trying to extend something.

That's pretty much what my vet said, and they took a TON of x-rays while they had him in all sorts of positions, just to get an idea of what condition he was in. :)

He CAN scratch himself, and he LOVES to stretch his legs out all the way when he's laying down... so, while he may *look* funny when he walks, it doesn't seem to bother him at all right now. He's actually pretty active and gets the occasional bout of the zoomies in the yard and - out of all places - on my porch steps! :shock: :o He'll run up and down the stairs about 20 times in a row, always w/a huge grin on his face... lol

He responds to "Luka", so Angie (who named him) now has herself a godson. :wink: :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby plebayo » August 1st, 2010, 7:27 am

amazincc wrote:He CAN scratch himself, and he LOVES to stretch his legs out all the way when he's laying down... so, while he may *look* funny when he walks, it doesn't seem to bother him at all right now. He's actually pretty active and gets the occasional bout of the zoomies in the yard and - out of all places - on my porch steps! :shock: :o He'll run up and down the stairs about 20 times in a row, always w/a huge grin on his face... lol

He responds to "Luka", so Angie (who named him) now has herself a godson. :wink: :D

Yay I'm glad to hear it :) I think the name is perfect, much, much better than Loco :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby HappyChick » August 1st, 2010, 10:25 am

Yay! My first godson! Of course, one more Italian named dog to add to LaFamilia! :heartbeat:

I'm so happy to read that Luka is so agile. The exercise will help to keep him strong and stave off the arthritis. I know if I sit for too long I get really stiff, then again, I'm a LOT older that Luka...
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby furever_pit » August 2nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

+1 for the name Luca!

This may come off a little weird....but is there any way you could get some video of this boy zooming around the yard and up and down the stairs? I showed the pics you posted to the vets I work with and he has become somewhat of a "curiosity". It's really just that they have never seen anything like it.

Other than that, I am SO happy that he is SO happy.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » August 2nd, 2010, 10:21 pm

furever_pit wrote:
This may come off a little weird....but is there any way you could get some video of this boy zooming around the yard and up and down the stairs? I showed the pics you posted to the vets I work with and he has become somewhat of a "curiosity". It's really just that they have never seen anything like it.

When I say "zoomies" and "running"... it doesn't look anything like the norm, so maybe that's a bad choice of words. I recognize the intent that he has, I guess... and there is no mistaking the smile on his face when he does get a case of the "hops". :)

I'd rather not post a video, because I don't want our new friend to end up as a freak show on YouTube.
If you want my vets info I'd be more than happy to share that, and your vet is free to contact her regarding the x-rays and her medical findings.
Thanks for understanding. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby furever_pit » August 2nd, 2010, 10:36 pm

ooooh I didn't even think about youtube freak. Very good point.
I wouldn't expect him to be "normal" but I am just impressed he is doing these things at all. Speaks to the strength of dogs I guess.

I'll talk to the doctors I work with and see if they would actually call your vet or not. I think one of them would, he is one of those eternal-quest-for-knowledge type people.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » August 3rd, 2010, 2:22 am

How is Luka & why don't I have a Godson? >(
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 3rd, 2010, 7:15 am

I'm just wondering why we don't have more pics??? At least of his head if you don't want to post his body!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 3rd, 2010, 10:54 am

I'm just catching up on this - crying my eyes out through the whole story! :sad2: I'm so glad you got him out of that hell hole Christine. And what ever you decide, I support you. You are the one looking into his eyes every day and you obviously have a good heart. So I trust in that. :hug3: Hugs to you and Luka!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » August 3rd, 2010, 11:19 am

CinderDee wrote:How is Luka & why don't I have a Godson? >(

Luka is doing amazingly well, and he acts like he's lived here forever. :)
I had to put some rugs down because it's hard for him to navigate the hardwood floors, but other than that he made himself right at home... first thing he decided to do was to figure out how to get on the couch. :rolleyes2: lol

And I thought Daisy, Sepp, Faust and Beezus were enough Godchildren for you.... no??? :| :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » August 3rd, 2010, 12:09 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'm just wondering why we don't have more pics??? At least of his head if you don't want to post his body!

I don't have a problem w/his body if you guys don't... :wink:

I know this is a controversial topic for some, and I don't want to alienate everyone who doesn't agree w/my (and my vets) decision, so I figured I wouldn't plaster his pics all over the forum... but since you are an admin, and you just about ORDERED me to... check the Gallery later. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » August 3rd, 2010, 12:21 pm

Yaaaaaaay more pics!!! :confetti:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Pit♥bull » August 3rd, 2010, 12:51 pm

amazincc wrote:
I don't have a problem w/his body if you guys don't... :wink:

We have no problems with a 'flip floper'..... We've got one of those :)
It's hard to love and give :goodthoughts: unless we have pictures.

We had to cover our tile floors with runners for Trouble :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » August 3rd, 2010, 1:58 pm

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 3rd, 2010, 2:06 pm

He looks HAPPY to me! :) :) :)
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA