Hey there, new here!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 8:40 pm

Hey all! I already know some of you but for those who don't know me:

I'm 23, run my own dog-walking and pet-sitting business which focuses on daily dog walking and the care of diabetic and renal failiure cats, I also work part-time as a liaison at a vet's office (which I did full time for a few years), I am a kennel manager, I am also almost finished (one more class, starts this Thursday!) with my Animal Care degree, and will begin apprenticing with a trainer sometime in February.

PHEW!

I do a lot, but luckily for me it all revolves around dogs. I have a Greyhound, Wally, and currently have a pit foster, Lady Louise. I work with a few different Greyhound Rescues, I obviously work with a pit rescue, and used to run my own rat rescue.

In addition to my Grey and my foster pit, I have a rabbit, Sexy Rexy, and a fish, Percy Kittens. I am hoping to take on a foster momma rat and babies soon. Never a dull moment around here!

I am thoroughly interested in nutrition and training, and am very opposed to BSL. I love to bring my fosters out with my Grey because it helps to soften the pit image, and I find many more people are likely to approach us than if I am simply walking a "scary pit bull" around. It definately gets people thinking positively about the breed.

Woah, that was long winded. I'll try to be more concise from now on! So hello all!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Judy » January 23rd, 2006, 8:46 pm

:smileSwitch: Welcome, Sis!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 23rd, 2006, 8:49 pm

Are you really sisters?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Sue » January 23rd, 2006, 8:55 pm

Hey there stranger!!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby girlie » January 23rd, 2006, 9:03 pm

what's goin down chica?
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2006, 9:17 pm

Welcome! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

Thanks for the welcomes :) I'm very excited to able able to post now. YAY!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 9:51 pm

Welcome!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » January 23rd, 2006, 10:29 pm

WOW!! That didn't take long....now, about Howie Day......(and you missed an awesome GA!!!)

Hey, Welcome, baby!!!!! :chop:
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Purple wrote:WOW!! That didn't take long....now, about Howie Day......(and you missed an awesome GA!!!)

Hey, Welcome, baby!!!!! :chop:

Yeah, it's the second GA I missed this season . . . stupid narcolepsy!!!

And I have plenty to say about Howie Day, believe you/me :tongues:
SisMorphine

Postby Purple » January 23rd, 2006, 10:36 pm

Oh, man.......you're killlin' me.....
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » January 23rd, 2006, 10:37 pm

YAY!!!! You're here!! :groupHug:

About time!!

Wally is Petey's favorite greyhound buddy!

Petey LOVES to drown Wally in dog spit :loveU:

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:42 pm

You forgot my favorite shot of them!
Wally loves his male admirer and bath giver :kiss2:
SisMorphine

Postby Purple » January 23rd, 2006, 10:45 pm

Those are some great pictures!
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 23rd, 2006, 10:45 pm

Welcome, Lys! :stickDance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hoyden » January 23rd, 2006, 10:47 pm

SisMorphine wrote:You forgot my favorite shot of them!
Wally loves his male admirer and bath giver :kiss2:

Some vicious dogs I have here, huh?

The let a California Brindle Fighting Dog waltz into their house, take over their dog beds, lay in their favorite places on the couch and defend him from scary mice!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:51 pm

Hoyden wrote:

The let a California Brindle Fighting Dog waltz into their house, take over their dog beds, lay in their favorite places on the couch and defend him from scary mice!

I think my California Brindle Fighting Dog is scarier than your vicious man-eaters. Just ask your neighbor!!
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » January 23rd, 2006, 10:59 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Hoyden wrote:

I think my California Brindle Fighting Dog is scarier than your vicious man-eaters. Just ask your neighbor!!

She still insists that I have a "Devil Dog" that I am hiding. She's standing in the street telling my that the ACO will get to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile, there is a USMC flag flying in the front of the house and Autumn is playing The Marine Corps Hymn on her fife and the cop that lives next door looks like he is going to explode laughing any second!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Favorite Kitty » January 24th, 2006, 12:09 pm

OMG! I never got to lick Wally! Unbelievable!

Those are great pictures, you two. All three dogs are adorable :)
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby Hoyden » January 24th, 2006, 12:11 pm

My dogs don't know that they're dogs, they think that they're furry pre-schoolers.

I call them AKC Registered Attention Hounds

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Next

Return to Introductions