Am I stupid?! (Long ramble...)

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Muttkip » July 29th, 2010, 1:47 am

Am I stupid for still crying my eyes out over my "Pet Bull" mix Brandi. She died 6 years ago this past May. I still cry over her every time I hear a certain song, or see a purple tennis ball. Hell anytime I hear sometime say the name Brandi I tear up. Is this normal?!

It's been 6 years since her passing, I thought it would get easier. But it hasn't.......I've been missing her like super bad lately....I'm thinking it's maybe it's her way of saying I should treat Beau better. I haven't been the best owner lately, and I feel like she's reminding me to go be a better owner maybe?

Or am I just stupid for thinking this? Is this normal?!

Sorry for the long ramble, I needed to get that off my chest.......
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » July 29th, 2010, 6:00 am

Aw, Heather, you are not stupid. To me, you must be a very loving and kind animal lover. I am sorry for your loss of Brandi. :(

When I was growing up, my first "real dog of my own" was Jennifer Winifred Apricot. :) She was a purebred German Shepherd. I STILL think about her and her last days with me. I got her when I was 16 and lost her 10 years later. I tear up 27 years later.

Sometimes memories are painful, but they keep the dogs that we lost close to our hearts.

I hope you feel better today.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 29th, 2010, 6:59 am

I don't think there's any wrong or right way to grieve and heal. I still have days where my heart is torn open all over again over my little man cat, Toonces. So give yourself time. And a lot of places offer support groups for pet loss - maybe go find one of those? It may help. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » July 29th, 2010, 7:59 am

I was actually thinking of my cat Shadow this morning, he passed away almost two years ago now. Not sure what brought it up, but he just popped in to my head this morning. I just try to focus on the good times and how happy he was in life. I will always miss him, he was a great cat and I never want to forget him. Nothing wrong with missing your pet and being sad that they passed away. :itsOK:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » July 29th, 2010, 12:40 pm

Not stupid at all... there is no time limit on grief, and there are no rules on "how-to". :(

Some losses you never get over, and some are "easier to live with" than others, IMO.
Time does NOT heal all wounds, and whoever came up w/that little morsel of wisdom is full of sh!t. :rolleyes2:

:hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Off-Topic