Hi New Member from NJ

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby ericav » July 27th, 2010, 11:37 am

Hi, my name is Erica, I'm from NJ. I'm a wildlife artist and my husband is an accountant (he might join the board later). We don't own a pitbull but my parents do. So, he feels like a member of our family. We live close to my parents so I see them often.

My parents pitbull is named Louie. My parents were fostering a cat (which they have adopted since then) and walking into a pet store for her food. Louie was there for adoption and it was love at first sight. He was supposed to be a feeder dog for dog feeding. Someone took pitty on him and instead of being fed to the dogs he was brought the shelter. He's an amazing dog and we love him so much. He's adopted at 4 months old and he's been in our family now for 2 years.

(These pictures are Clickable Thumbnails)
Louie as a puppy
Louie all grown up
Giving kisses to Marc (my husband)
Sitting with Stella
On the weekends my husband and I like to help with rescue transports. There's also a rescue group that we work closely with and we help with the adoption events. We got into volunteering with rescue because our best friends were involved with it. It's wonderful to do this with my friends and also help dogs (and sometimes cats) get adopted out. Right now we're currently not fostering any dogs. We're hoping that a very large garage sale can add some additional space for fostering.

In our home we currently have 4 pets. Two dogs named Stella and Lorna. Both are King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. Lorna, the newest dog to our home, was a rescue. She was a former Puppy Mill breeding dog. She's healthy and happy sleeping on her pet water bed all day. We also have Simon a very large red cat. He's the boss of the house and will tollerate the dogs. Simon likes to chase one of our dogs, Stella. We also have Sophie a Chinchilla. I've had Sophie since I was in college. She's 12 years old now (Which is why we needed dogs with a low small prey drive in our home. The animals don't mingle with each other, but I didn't want Sophie to live our her senior years with an animal drooling outside her cage. Lorna and Stella are curious, but really don't pay too much attention to her.) Since I work from home, all the animals are with me in my studio during the day. Sophie's cage is in here and the dogs have several sleeping options (including a huge Costco pet bed). The cat will come in here, but usually in the winter time when it's a bit darker form him to sleep.

The dogs together at my parents house (they have to sit in one area while the people eat).
My two dogs, Stella and Lorna.
Simon
Sophie
ericav
Just Whelped

Postby Pit♥bull » July 27th, 2010, 1:04 pm

ericav wrote:On the weekends my husband and I like to help with rescue transports.
This may interest you http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/index.php
Welcome to PBT
Nice looking 'crew' :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby ericav » July 27th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Oh Wonderful! Thank you so much for the info PitBull!
ericav
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » July 27th, 2010, 3:27 pm

Hi Erica! Welcome to PBT.
Nice! We didn't even have to prod you for info! Sounds like you have some pretty cool stuff going on. And some cute pups!!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » July 27th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Welcome, Erica. Great intro!

You have a couple of the most beautiful Cavaliers I've ever seen. The rest of your crew looks great too! Louie is very handsome! :heartbeat:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Welcome to the forum! :wave2: I hope your husband decides to join, too. :dance:
Louie is adorable. :giggle: With his ears back in the 3rd photo, he reminds me of my Harley.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 27th, 2010, 9:58 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » July 27th, 2010, 11:17 pm

What a great intro! You can give lessons to other newbies! :)

I love cavaliers...they're so cute! :hearbeat: yours are adorable!

Welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ericav » July 28th, 2010, 11:05 am

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :mrgreen:
ericav
Just Whelped

Postby BullyLady » July 29th, 2010, 1:58 am

Welcome!! Thanks for the rescue work you do, it's priceless. :) And I love your crew, that picture of Simon is sooooo cute! :giggle:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Jenn » July 29th, 2010, 11:04 pm

:wave2: Welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 10th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Hi and welcome aboard!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Tubular Toby » August 11th, 2010, 5:23 pm

What lucky animals! Sounds like you're providing them and others a fabulous life. Welcome to PBT!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jiellen_27 » November 4th, 2010, 12:31 am

Wow!

They are so cute...
how to treat depression
:) 8)
Jiellen_27
Just Whelped

Postby AllAmericanPUP » November 4th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Welcome, cute pups! :D
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby shady-angel » March 11th, 2011, 8:56 pm

[quote="ericav"]Hi, my name is Erica, I'm from NJ. I'm a wildlife artist and my husband is an accountant (he might join the board later). We don't own a pitbull but my parents do. So, he feels like a member of our family. We live close to my parents so I see them often.

Hello and welcome. :wave2:
NJ? many of us don't own pit bulls. Mine passed last year.

My parents pit bull is named Louie. My parents were fostering a cat (which they have adopted since then) and walking into a pet store for her food. Louie was there for adoption and it was love at first sight.

He was supposed to be a feeder dog for dog feeding.
Are you serious who does that and what do you mean like a baiting dog?

Someone took pitty on him and instead of being fed to the dogs he was brought the shelter. He's an amazing dog and we love him so much. He's adopted at 4 months old and he's been in our family now for 2 years.

Cute pic's.

On the weekends my husband and I like to help with rescue transports. There's also a rescue group that we work closely with and we help with the adoption events. We got into volunteering with rescue because our best friends were involved with it. It's wonderful to do this with my friends and also help dogs (and sometimes cats) get adopted out. Right now we're currently not fostering any dogs. We're hoping that a very large garage sale can add some additional space for fostering.

In our home we currently have 4 pets. Two dogs named Stella and Lorna. Both are King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. Lorna, the newest dog to our home, was a rescue. She was a former Puppy Mill breeding dog. She's healthy and happy sleeping on her pet water bed all day. We also have Simon a very large red cat. He's the boss of the house and will tollerate the dogs. Simon likes to chase one of our dogs, Stella. We also have Sophie a Chinchilla. I've had Sophie since I was in college. She's 12 years old now (Which is why we needed dogs with a low small prey drive in our home. The animals don't mingle with each other, but I didn't want Sophie to live our her senior years with an animal drooling outside her cage. Lorna and Stella are curious, but really don't pay too much attention to her.) Since I work from home, all the animals are with me in my studio during the day. Sophie's cage is in here and the dogs have several sleeping options (including a huge Costco pet bed). The cat will come in here, but usually in the winter time when it's a bit darker form him to sleep.
Too cute I love king Charles I had one as a kid he lived to be like 15, even though he was involved in a hit and run at over 100 Km head on car accident. :cuss: He (Benji) was tri colour too.

The dogs together at my parents house (they have to sit in one area while the people eat).
Very good we used to do the same with all my dogs.

Welcome again.
Angie.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Introductions