The aftermath...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby amazincc » July 13th, 2010, 10:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33374&p=384864#p384864

Drama, drama, drama... :rolleyes2: :oops:

Before... waiting for me to throw the Orbee.

Today. :neutral:

I finally went to Urgent Care this afternoon after the "elevating and icing" for a week did exactly zip.
The doctor was quite horrified and swore that I had at least one fracture, so I had x-rays and blood work done, plus had to pee in a cup... :crazy2:
But I was right... it was *just* a very bad sprain that now somehow is infected.
I got two HUGE shots right at the office... antibiotics and something for pain... so, right now I'm feeling quite giddy... lol
When I explained how it happened, they asked me what kind of dogs I have... and I lied, saying they were all big mutts. All I could think of was that they might not believe that this was an accident, and completely MY fault at that... and that, maybe, this was a dog bite/injury - from a Pit Bull. Ugh.
Anyway - antibiotics and pain meds for the next 14 days, no walking, yadda.... yadda... yadda.

I should also mention that Sepp completely shredded the long lead that is responsible for my foot looking like something from an alien movie - I'd like to think that he did it out of concern, and for revenge. :smileUp: :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby call2arms » July 13th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Holy sh*t!!! That looks really painful, my itty bitty cat bite is walk in the park compared to this! Any idea of how in hell it could have got infected? It's just so... big. And purple. And your leg is swollen, too.

BAD DOGS!!!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Hundilein » July 13th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Yee-ouch woman! Tell Seppel to stop injuring you, or I will come up there and give him a serious talking to.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby BullyLady » July 13th, 2010, 10:19 pm

OMG!!!

Owie!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

I know that's alot of exclamation points, but a picture like that deserves them...... :nono:

Aren't you diabetic? I know there are foot/diabetic issues, I wonder if that accounts for an infection on a foot with no open wound. Interesting.....
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » July 13th, 2010, 10:24 pm

call2arms wrote: Any idea of how in hell it could have got infected? It's just so... big. And purple. And your leg is swollen, too.

I have diabetic neuropathy in my hands and feet, so that hinders normal blood circulation on a good day. Add a really bad sprain... and there you go. :|

Oh, and I don't blame the dogs AT ALL - it was my own stupidity. :oops:
The boys are actually driving me crazy, and have been, by trying to lick my foot constantly... lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » July 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Ouch! That looks awful... but cool all at the same time.

But why the antibiotic. Do they think you have cellulitis??
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm

BullyLady wrote:Interesting.....

Thank you!!!

LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » July 13th, 2010, 10:32 pm

amazincc wrote:
BullyLady wrote:Interesting.....

Thank you!!!

LMAO

Sorry, didn't mean for that to come off as rude. I'm in the medical field and love learning about new disease processes and stuff. It never occurred to me that an infection could happen without an open wound, but the poor circulation thing makes sense. Sorry! I love medical/biological stuff!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » July 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm

BullyLady wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean for that to come off as rude. I'm in the medical field and love learning about new disease processes and stuff. It never occurred to me that an infection could happen without an open wound, but the poor circulation thing makes sense. Sorry! I love medical/biological stuff!

Don't be sorry... I found that very funny... lol
I guess that HUGE dose of injectable pain medication is kicking in, because right now - I feel GOOOOOD... na-na-na-na-na-na-na... :dance: :wave2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » July 13th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Good Grief!!!

Sending good, healing thoughts!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 13th, 2010, 10:38 pm

:shock: OMG :shock:

So sorry...but glad you have good drugs! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » July 13th, 2010, 10:45 pm

BullyLady wrote: It never occurred to me that an infection could happen without an open wound, but the poor circulation thing makes sense.

Absolutely... diabetics are very prone to infections, especially when it comes to feet, and any injuries (especially w/out an open wound) should always be given medical attention immediately.
I know all this, of course, but I *thought* I could skip the going-to-the-doctor- part... plus, I had no shoes that fit me. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Ino » July 13th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Ouch- that looks pretty bad :shock: . Just a side note about a break- you may want to have it x-rayed again when the swelling goes down (just to be sure). I had a break in my hand and went to the ER a few days after since it was very swollen and bruised pretty bad and everyone hastled me to go...the ER told me it wasn't broken but after the swelling went down some, my doctor sent me to have it re-x-rayed and they did find a pretty significant break that was not noticable on the 1st one due to the swelling. Since we did not catch it early, they only casted it for 4 weeks instead of 6 and since it was not stabilized initially- it did not heal right. Glad you have pain meds and hope your recovery goes well!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » July 13th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Holy crap Christine :shock:

Looks like you're going to need a lot of PBT :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » July 14th, 2010, 12:38 am

Holy Moly Batman..that looks like it hurts girl!!! It is a very pretty shade of purple however.
airwalk
I live here

Postby call2arms » July 14th, 2010, 12:58 am

I agree with the 2nd x-ray... My boyfriend had a super small bone broken in his wrist, it didn't show at all on x-ray, they only saw it when he got an MRI... So many small bones in hands and feet...

It's still kind of the dog's fault. You didn't wrap and pull on that leash yourself. Therefore, I shall take them and keep them squeezed tight in my arms as a punishment.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby amazincc » July 14th, 2010, 3:57 am

call2arms wrote:Therefore, I shall take them and keep them squeezed tight in my arms as a punishment.

I think that is entirely appropriate, and I shall send them to you just as soon as I can walk to the nearest UPS store. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » July 14th, 2010, 5:55 am

Good grief Christine. I didn't realize it was that bad. Please take care of that. I need to teach you the "get out of the way of the lead dance" :wink: Hope it feels better soon and if it continues please get another opinion.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 14th, 2010, 7:17 am

My job, along with blocking Facebook, now blocks photographs here and on other forums. Grrrr. So I shall have to wait til this afternoon to see these gloriously awesome pictures! They sound quite spectacular. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby flibgit » July 14th, 2010, 10:22 am

OWIE! :(

I've had burns around my ankles from cable tie-outs that I thought were awful. Now I realize they were just a minor scratch compared to what it could have been.

I hope you're feeling better and up and about soon.

OH! And your dogs are ADORABLE! If they're too much to handle with your injury, they're welcome to come visit northern Wisconsin. :)
Princess and the Pea Pet Beds. Extra-cushy beds for your pampered pets.
http://www.princessandpeapetbed.etsy.com
flibgit
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk