Black Dog Syndrome

Postby Purple » May 8th, 2006, 9:15 pm

I read about this rescue in BARK this month. They help black dogs find homes!

http://www.blackpearldogs.com/

A person desiring to add a dog into their heart and life doesn't have to look far beyond their own backyard to find shelters clamoring for loving quality adopters to pay attention to their dark colored dogs. These "ordinary" black faces get lost in the sea of faces of every hopeful dog relinquished or placed within a shelters or rescues kennel run, crate or exercise yard.
This unfortunate phenomena has a name: Black Dog Syndrome.
It is our desire to step out, among the many others who have already done so, and help these innately and outwardly beautiful black dogs avoid the price that they will pay because of this sad reality. Shelters and rescues have different policies in regards to euthanasia: no kill to high kill. Some black dogs will die of natural causes within the system because they will wait a lifetime to be noticed. Many won't even get a week.
As you browse these pages please consider if you would like to become apart of the loving miracle of a forever home for a black dog, a beautiful gem of the heart, through rescue and adoption. Begin your journey now by choosing a paw to the left and visiting one of the many information pages we have assembled on behalf of these waiting pearls. Thank you. We are grateful you are taking the time to visit.
Purple
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 8th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Great article and great site! I love black dogs! :loveU:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jenn » May 8th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Me too, I think black dogs are beautiful! I never thought about them getting passed over, that is a shame.
Jenn
undecided

Return to Rescue