The kittie and the pittie

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby HappyChick » July 8th, 2010, 11:29 am

Jade is our Cornish Rex. Here is a perfect example of how these two play:

Sorry it's not the best quality, but they were movin'! They play like this just about every day. Leni instigates the play most of the time and Jade is always going back for more. Jade has a tendency to be a little vicious, but he's never drawn blood on Leni for all the batting and biting. He has drawn blood on me and put two people in the emergency room, but that was years ago. Thank goodness he's mellowed as he has gotten used to being in my household. He and Vinny were really good pals too, but Guido and Reno won't have anything to do with Jade.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » July 8th, 2010, 1:08 pm

:giggle: Leni cracks me up jumping over Jade.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2010, 1:57 pm

lol Cute!

I love watching dogs throw calming signals at other species...esp. cats!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » July 8th, 2010, 2:07 pm

:D That's hilarious!

TheRedQueen wrote:I love watching dogs throw calming signals at other species...esp. cats!

Ha, me too!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby HappyChick » July 8th, 2010, 2:26 pm

I know, Missy! She is so goofy sometimes. :D

Here is another one of the two, but not as much action:

Jade has only been around my crew off and on for around three years. Joe already had Jade when we met. We took a really long time (months) introducing Jade to the dogs because Vinny had not been around cats and Jade had trust issues (hence the human bloodshed). I really enjoy watching the two of them interact and we are both very impressed with how well Jade tolerates Leni's puppy antics.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 8th, 2010, 9:44 pm

I thought you wrote Cornish HEN. 8) Then I figured I should re-read it when I saw a cat without much fur (?)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » July 8th, 2010, 10:39 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I thought you wrote Cornish HEN. 8) Then I figured I should re-read it when I saw a cat without much fur (?)

Dear Joyce,

A domestic cat has three layers of fur. A Cornish Rex (which is a mutant cat) has only the inner most layer, not the two outer layers. This makes the Cornish Rex an extremely soft cat to touch. He is actually the softest cat you could ever imagine! His fur feels like baby rabbit fur. Cornish Rexes are not edible. I hope Leni knows the difference.

Love,
Me

P.S.
Joe says Cornish Rexes have Alien DNA. Thus the huge ears and eyes compared to the very small face. He also says the huge ears are designed to receive messages from outer space, kinda like a couple of satellite dishes. :D
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 9th, 2010, 6:00 am

:giggle: Thanks, Cupcake!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members