HELLO IM FROM DALLAS

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby chawkprincess » July 6th, 2010, 2:17 pm

HI MY NAME IS CATRENA AND I STAY IN DALLAS TEXAS. I HAVE 2 PIT BULLS RED IS A RED NOSE PIT BULL IVE HAD HIM FOR 4YEARS AND BELLA IS A BLUE NOSE PIT BULL IVE HAD HER FOR 1YEAR. 8 WEEKS AGO BELLA HAD A LITTER OF 15 PUPS ALL BUT ONE MADE IT. SO RIGHT NOW I HAVE A HOUSE FULL OF PIT BULLS :D WILL POST PICS WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW :?
chawkprincess
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » July 6th, 2010, 5:19 pm

First of all hello and welcome to this fabulous forum. :wave2:

I am not sure if you have been reading the forum prior to posting but you might have notice that this forum is a pitbull advocate forum. Which means we all want the best thing for our wonderful breed. I am sure your dogs are beautiful and so are the puppies. Was this an accidental litter or planned?
My hope, since I was in a similar experience before joining this board, that you will look and read how over poplulated the breed is right now. Large numbers are being euthanized daily becasue there are just not enough homes to go around. It is really very sad once you start researching and reading the real truth.
Then there is the problem of them falling into uneducated owners and then the problem continues.

I am certainly not trying to put you down or scare you off. I would love for you to join this board and learn so many wonderful things there are to learn about our dogs.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » July 6th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Big fat DITTO to everything Missy posted... and Welcome to PBT! :mrgreen:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 6th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. It is my hope that you read and learn a lot from our members.

Fifteen puppies is a lot of work! I hope you get them adopted out to good homes. Maybe even homes that spay/neuter them. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 7th, 2010, 11:33 am

Hi and welcome! Bella seems young to be a new mom...was this planned or an accidental breeding? What are the plans for all of these pups...hopefully you have good homes lined up!

Hopefully we don't chase you off with all of these questions...we are a pit bull advocacy forum, as Missy stated...and we only want the best for this breed (and others...as we're not all pit bull owners!) :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby chawkprincess » July 7th, 2010, 11:59 am

Thanks everyone!! No it was not a planned litter it happened before we got her fixed. I know that the breed is very over populated and many people miss treat them. Before I owned pit bulls I did a lot of research on them and fell in love with the breed. It hurts me very much to know that people miss treat them and that they are euthanized daily. Ive found good homes for 5 of the puppies so it's only 9 left. Bella is almost 3years old I only had her for a year I took her in when her other owners couldn't take care of her anymore.
chawkprincess
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 7th, 2010, 6:08 pm

How old are the pups???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2010, 12:23 am

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » July 8th, 2010, 12:25 am

amazincc wrote:How old are the pups???

chawkprincess wrote: 8 WEEKS AGO BELLA HAD A LITTER OF 15 PUPS ALL BUT ONE MADE IT.

Welcome!

Hopefully you have already gotten Bella fixed, or if not already have the appointment to do so. Most of us can't handle intact dogs, myself included. Might as well just fix them and be done with it! Much less hassle and worry. :wink:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby chawkprincess » July 8th, 2010, 10:40 am

The pups will be 9 weeks old this weekend.... Yes she is getting fixed her 1st owners told me that she was fixed already but that turned out not to be true.
chawkprincess
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » July 10th, 2010, 10:53 am

chawkprincess wrote:The pups will be 9 weeks old this weekend.... Yes she is getting fixed her 1st owners told me that she was fixed already but that turned out not to be true.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :mad2: :mad2: :cuss: :nono:

THAT'S UNFORGIVEABLE.....
Now you have all these puppies that will need extensive care/vetting and the monumental task of finding FOREVER homes. (so often people are quick to jump on the 'new pit bull puppy wagon only to bail on them later)....

Well, you are on the right forum....you can believe that.
There are people here who will have a lot of information for you and will give you SOLID (no butt kissing) advice.
Listen to them and you can grow into a great dog owner. !! :D :D
And like an earlier poster said;; Do not get scared off.....Tried and True Pit Bull Forums will tell you what you NEED to hear, Ask you the Questions you need to Ask yourself, and will Help you the Best.

So. :D
Step into your Big Girl Panties and Let's Help You Help Your Dogs!! :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » July 12th, 2010, 12:54 pm

chawkprincess wrote:The pups will be 9 weeks old this weekend.... Yes she is getting fixed her 1st owners told me that she was fixed already but that turned out not to be true.

Well, THAT sucks. And at 9 weeks, the pups are now all old enough to be altered as well. Perhaps your vet will give you a group discount?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Introductions