Summer Time...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby amazincc » July 6th, 2010, 7:01 pm

has it's own challenges, for sure... :rolleyes2:

Take this little experiment, for example -

Human puts several ice cubes in dogs' water dish because it is extremely hot today. Human thinks she is doing a *good thing*... :|

First dog, whom we shall name Faust for privacy purposes, exitedly runs over to said bowl to check out the contents... and comes to a dead stop, suspiciously eyeing said ice cubes. After careful and repeated sniffing at the bowl Faust decides to drink around those strange cold cubes, but by now they have begun to melt a little, and they keep floating in the general direction of his mouth.
Lots of barking at the icy intruders ensues.

Human thinks this is hilarious and giggles. :giggle:

Since the barking has no visible affect on the ice cubes Faust attempts to circle the enemy in a half-crouch, combined w/lots of growling and air-pawing. This is then followed by several play bows, because... "if you can't fight'em - join'em", and who needs hostility in this heat anyway... right?

Human is by now laughing out loud and making fun of the dog. lol

Enter second dog, whom we shall call Seppel for above-mentioned privacy purposes. Seppel was peacefully napping until he was rudely awakened by said commotion caused by ice cubes, barking, and laughing.
Seppel stalks over to the water bowl, assesses the situation, and in a matter of two seconds paws out every single ice cube and shoots them across the kitchen floor. This also causes most of the water to exit the freakin' bowl in the process.
Faust eagerly starts licking the last three remaining drops out of the water dish.
Seppel grumbles, and plops back on his pillow to resume his nap.

Human is no longer laughing, and is busy mopping up a gallon of water that seems to have spread rapidly pretty much all over the house, and even on some of the walls. >( :x
Human also realizes just how slippery ten ice cubes can be and curses up a storm worthy of a sailor. :cuss:

The end. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » July 6th, 2010, 7:34 pm

OMG!

Super Seppel can leap tall fences in a single bound, rescue Faust from the evil ice demons, and probably has x-ray vision too!!!!!!!

Did you get any of that on video? I hope so..... :D
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » July 6th, 2010, 8:12 pm

HappyChick wrote:
Did you get any of that on video? I hope so..... :D

Of course not... first I was too busy being amused, and then I was too busy mopping up water... :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Ino » July 6th, 2010, 8:41 pm

That is too funny!!! lol Sounds like there is never a dull moment in your house!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » July 6th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah, I should've known better... Sepp does not tolerate any foreign objects in any of the dog bowls. Last year a bug fell into his food, and I picked up half-ground chicken on the porch for days - he is a flinger... :crazy2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » July 6th, 2010, 9:10 pm

:lmao:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BullyLady » July 6th, 2010, 9:36 pm

LMAO

That is SO cute!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 6th, 2010, 9:39 pm

That made ME laugh, too! Although even when you weren't laughing because you were too busy mopping...I was still laughing. lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Ino » July 6th, 2010, 10:01 pm

amazincc wrote:Yeah, I should've known better... Sepp does not tolerate any foreign objects in any of the dog bowls. Last year a bug fell into his food, and I picked up half-ground chicken on the porch for days - he is a flinger... :crazy2:

That is classic!! Ino just runs away!! He had a house fly land on his bowl once when he was eating and he hauled ass into the bedroom and kept peeking around the corner to see if it was still there!! He has thin hair so the deer flies here tear him up and they are relentless, so since he can't distinguish a house fly from a deer fly, all are equally evil!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 6th, 2010, 10:36 pm

lmao

You should just keep a camera running in your house.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » July 6th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Are those two ever not doing something cute??? :|
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » July 6th, 2010, 11:22 pm

lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » July 7th, 2010, 9:52 am

I vote for the camera too :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby airwalk » July 7th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Ah at my house Doogie loves the dunk for ice cubes...sort of like dunking for apples only wetter and spread over a much larger area.
airwalk
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk