Beau is lookin sexy for an old man

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Muttkip » July 3rd, 2010, 8:21 pm

Who says Beagles can't be all muscular and lean never met my dog :dance: :dance: :dance:

Finally got all that winter fat off him and his muscle tone is finally coming back! :D :D :D :D :D

Pictures really don't do him justice sadly :(

And best of all this is the leanest he's ever been

Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 3rd, 2010, 8:49 pm

Very handsome!

And I'm jealous that your Home Depot allows dogs - mine doesn't. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 3rd, 2010, 9:50 pm

He is in a Home Depot basket? 8) Looking good! How old is he?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Muttkip » July 3rd, 2010, 9:55 pm

Yup he's in a home depot basket!!
Our Home Depot LOVES dogs and there is a sign outside that says no dogs allowed, but I see dogs in there all the time and I bring my dogs there all the time....so I'm guessing they do allow them lol.

Beau is 8 years old and came down from 25.6 pounds to a nice 19.1 pounds :) I want him at 17-18 weight range though....
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » July 3rd, 2010, 10:23 pm

Very handsome. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby SLS61185 » July 4th, 2010, 3:36 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Very handsome!

I seen that too and just wondered if maybe he was a Service dog. I've never seen any dogs in ours, so I wonder if they're allowed :?

He is cute though!
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Muttkip » July 4th, 2010, 4:42 am

SLS61185 wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:Very handsome!

I seen that too and just wondered if maybe he was a Service dog. I've never seen any dogs in ours, so I wonder if they're allowed :?

He is cute though!

I WISH he was a service dog!!!! I'm thinking of getting him certified as an emotional support dog, since I'm prone to panic and anxiety attacks in large crowds or when I can't deal with social situations.

But thanks :)
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » July 4th, 2010, 9:01 am

Muttkip wrote:I WISH he was a service dog!!!! I'm thinking of getting him certified as an emotional support dog, since I'm prone to panic and anxiety attacks in large crowds or when I can't deal with social situations.

But thanks :)

What tasks/skills were you thinking of training him to do for you? if it's not too presumptuous to ask...;)

He's so cute, btw...I used to have a basset that was lean and muscular...my favorite quote was from the woman in Petsmart one time..."Oh, she must be only *part* basset...she's so skinny!" (because full bassets have to be fat you know... :rolleyes2: )
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » July 5th, 2010, 12:34 am

Not to get too off topic but that is crazy that you guys have home depots that don't allow dogs!

Here we can bring dogs into Lowe's and Home Depot! My dad always gripes about it but it isn't like it's a food store - it's pretty much a warehouse IMO. Not really a lot of stuff that a dog could contaminate. It's a great place to take your dog for distractions and socializing. My sister also took her Papillion tyhere and made him ride in a cart for dog agility, just to get him used to movement/things being uneven like for the teeter-totter.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » July 5th, 2010, 8:47 am

plebayo wrote:Not to get too off topic but that is crazy that you guys have home depots that don't allow dogs!

Here we can bring dogs into Lowe's and Home Depot! My dad always gripes about it but it isn't like it's a food store - it's pretty much a warehouse IMO. Not really a lot of stuff that a dog could contaminate. It's a great place to take your dog for distractions and socializing. My sister also took her Papillion tyhere and made him ride in a cart for dog agility, just to get him used to movement/things being uneven like for the teeter-totter.

They all used to allow dogs...but all of the ones in our area have "NO DOGS OTHER THAN SERVICE DOGS" signs up now...so we don't risk it. We got asked to leave a while back...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » July 5th, 2010, 9:10 am

Muttkip wrote:
SLS61185 wrote: I'm thinking of getting him certified as an emotional support dog, since I'm prone to panic and anxiety attacks in large crowds or when I can't deal with social situations.

How exactly does one go about doing that? And are you required to have an official dx by a board-certified psychiatrist/psychologist in order to certify your dog?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » July 5th, 2010, 11:32 am

amazincc wrote:
Muttkip wrote:I'm thinking of getting him certified as an emotional support dog, since I'm prone to panic and anxiety attacks in large crowds or when I can't deal with social situations.

How exactly does one go about doing that? And are you required to have an official dx by a board-certified psychiatrist/psychologist in order to certify your dog?[/quote]

Nope, you don't need any certification to have a Service Dog of any type...though the term "Emotional Support Dog" is not really the right term...that term makes most SD trainers cringe...because it's the term used by people that tote around their little dogs in their purses. ;) The real term for a dog that helps with panic disorders and other issues pertaining to mental illness is Psychiatric Service Dog. The PSD group does encourage a doctor's letter just to have a less risky time under the law. http://www.psychdog.org/

But merely stating that the dog's presence makes you feel better doesn't cut it either...the dog STILL has to be able to perform tasks that mitigate your disability. So if you have anxiety disorders, the dog might be trained to provide pressure by leaning against you, or be trained to lead you out of crowds, etc. As a SD owner, you cannot be asked what your disability is, but someone CAN legally ask what your dog does for you.

There is an entire list of tasks on the PSD website: http://www.psychdog.org/tasks.html

TheRedQueen

Postby plebayo » July 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
amazincc wrote:
How exactly does one go about doing that? And are you required to have an official dx by a board-certified psychiatrist/psychologist in order to certify your dog?

Nope, you don't need any certification to have a Service Dog of any type...though the term "Emotional Support Dog" is not really the right term...that term makes most SD trainers cringe...because it's the term used by people that tote around their little dogs in their purses. ;) The real term for a dog that helps with panic disorders and other issues pertaining to mental illness is Psychiatric Service Dog. The PSD group does encourage a doctor's letter just to have a less risky time under the law. http://www.psychdog.org/

But merely stating that the dog's presence makes you feel better doesn't cut it either...the dog STILL has to be able to perform tasks that mitigate your disability. So if you have anxiety disorders, the dog might be trained to provide pressure by leaning against you, or be trained to lead you out of crowds, etc. As a SD owner, you cannot be asked what your disability is, but someone CAN legally ask what your dog does for you.

There is an entire list of tasks on the PSD website: http://www.psychdog.org/tasks.html

I think there's a typo. Under trainable tasks I don't see anything that says "ride in purse". This is awesome, I just posted it on my FB - talk about a way to spot the service dog from the companion dog who gets to go everywhere due to a doctors note.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Hey guys, this is a great discussion so why don't you take it to the main part of the board and out of the Gallery? *hint hint hint*

:wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » July 5th, 2010, 11:27 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Hey guys, this is a great discussion so why don't you take it to the main part of the board and out of the Gallery? *hint hint hint*

:wink:

Can it be melded into the current SD thread...*hint hint hint* :giggle:

TheRedQueen

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members