Toy Reviews

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby amazincc » November 23rd, 2009, 10:22 pm

Cheap toy that makes for endless hours of entertainment... paper napkin w/a small trace of food smell on it, stolen off the coffee table or out of the garbage. It can be dismantled into about a billion little pieces and strewn about the house, and it seems to be edible and easily digested as well. Awesome for sharing w/the cat(s). :rolleyes2: :crazy2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Brownies Mom » November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 pm

Marinepits wrote:My dogs are totally addicted to Jolly Balls! We've used all sizes with them, including the horse size, and they just LOVE them. They are not very durable for persistant chewers, though.

Here are a few pics of them with their Jollys:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29920

(Mr Destructo) viewtopic.php?f=44&t=29061

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18673

Oh My! Guess we know what Santa Paws will be bringing A-Jay for Christmas this year! :dance:
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Brownies Mom » November 23rd, 2009, 11:17 pm

Dukes_mom wrote:Does anyone's pitbull LOVE lasers? Duke just can't get enough of it. If he hears the jingle of its chain he goes crazy! It is the one thing he never gets bored of, he can chase it for hours. My cousin also had a pitbull that loved lasers as well, so I'm wondering if its just a pitbull thing.

Oh yeah... not just pit bulls, though. It seems like it could become an obsession - it's that intense.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby pitsnok » November 25th, 2009, 1:38 am

our dogs will chase lasers as long as we feel like shining them! the best part is when they look for that sneaky 'bug' for an hour after we've put it away! it's good exercise for rainy days when we can't make it out to the spring pole, too.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby furever_pit » November 25th, 2009, 2:55 pm

pitsnok wrote:our dogs will chase lasers as long as we feel like shining them! the best part is when they look for that sneaky 'bug' for an hour after we've put it away! it's good exercise for rainy days when we can't make it out to the spring pole, too.

Just an FYI...with some dogs this can turn into an obsessive behavior.
My friend has a BC who won't stop looking for light and will even stand there and bark at sunlight coming through the window. It is super annoying.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 1st, 2010, 9:21 pm

Sadly disappointed in this toy:
Mac had it for all of ten minutes when he managed to crack it in half. The pieces are going back to the store tomorrow.

However, THIS toy has held up extremely well and is very popular with my crew:
Mac did about a half-hour of power chewing on one and just managed to take off the knobby ends a bit.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 1st, 2010, 10:20 pm

I've never seen those before, Jen - are they new?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » March 1st, 2010, 10:41 pm

I haven't toy shopped in quite a while, so I don't know how new they are to the market, but they are new to me. The regular plain-ole Nylabones also have new shapes and are more textured now.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » March 2nd, 2010, 9:54 am

We got this toy a while back...for Inara, who adores playing frisbee wherever she goes. I forgot about this section, or I would have updated sooner.

She LOVES this new disc...it flies well, but is soft and durable...just the thing for random disc catching when we're out playing with client dogs and such. Every dog that has played with it has loved it...it's thick yet squishy...it is a favorite with all of my dog-walking dogs too.

http://www.triplecrowndogs.com/product/ ... lider.html
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » June 30th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Shorty and Tucker LOVE THESE TOYS! They went totally and absolutely NUTS over them! The shape makes it bounce all over the place and it's *just* big enough to make it hard to catch (Shorty and Tucker are smaller pits, so your dog may not have the same issue). It also bounces REALLY high if tossed up into the air!

The ball is VERY heavy and I don't recommend it for indoor use by a bully breed. I can easily see it breaking a window or TV, LOL. Shorty got clocked in the head with it when she tried to catch it on a bounce and I could hear her teeth smack together from the other side of the yard. The rubber is very thick (thicker than a big Kong toy) and there is very little "give" to the rubber. So far, it's held up well to a solid hour's worth of outside play.

I got ours on sale at our local EMS store: http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3830505
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » June 30th, 2010, 5:49 pm

These nylabone dura chew textured rings are also a big hit, but they are hard-to-find because they are fairly new. I found ours at a small local pet store. They're about 8 inches in diameter and have taken a LOT of abuse in the past couple of weeks. So far, so good.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 30th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Is that Nylabone made out of the normal, hard Nylabone material? I think Inara would enjoy that with all the ridges to chew on.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » June 30th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Yep, regular hard nylabone. All those extra ridges make it SUPER special to step on in the middle of the night, too. :cuss:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby RhysMom » June 30th, 2010, 11:00 pm

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I am a HUGE fan of the West Paw Zogoflex toys and the Orbee balls for Rhys. He needs supervised closely to play with anything else. He has killed everything else hes played with quite quickly. He somehow does well with the stuffing-less soft toys, I think he just likes tossing it around though, lol.

http://petpaint.yolasite.com/ <-- Pet portraits!!
RhysMom
Just Whelped

Postby amalie79 » July 1st, 2010, 10:21 am

I didn't see these on here, yet-- I think they're pretty new and only at Petsmart:

They're called Plubber (as you can see). River, especially, prefers plush toys, but she picks and PICKS AND PICKS at them and then disembowels them. Then the other 2 eat the stuffing. :crazy2: These toys are a durable, hollow rubber core with plushy stuff adhered to the outside-- maybe heated on? I don't know, but the picking is minimal. They also squeak. The pups have managed to tear a hole in the side and there was no stuffing, the squeaker's still in there, and only a little of the fluff's been pulled off. And to be fair, I noticed when I got it home that there was a weak spot in the seam. So far, the others we've bought since are holeless. I won't buy the cute animal plubbers-- I don't think I can look at a nose-less raccoon/duck/pig. Too creepy. But the bones are holding up really, really well. And they love 'em.

Now for River's disemboweling pleasure, she gets a dry treat knotted inside old socks.

I also ordered my Kong Wobbler yesterday...hopefully I can speak to that later this week.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » July 1st, 2010, 11:29 am

amalie79 wrote:I also ordered my Kong Wobbler yesterday...hopefully I can speak to that later this week.

I got mine a few weeks ago. My little guy loves pushing stuff around with his nose and he loved it. Well once he figured out it gave him food, and it wasn't super scarry. Although I still think the kibble nibble is his favorite.

Mia Puppy was just goofy!! For your viewing pleasure. Please ignore me yelling at her for chewing on the opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-JrISt7iQ
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby amalie79 » July 1st, 2010, 11:46 am

PoodleMaMaKat wrote:
amalie79 wrote:I also ordered my Kong Wobbler yesterday...hopefully I can speak to that later this week.

I got mine a few weeks ago. My little guy loves pushing stuff around with his nose and he loved it. Well once he figured out it gave him food, and it wasn't super scarry. Although I still think the kibble nibble is his favorite.

Mia Puppy was just goofy!! For your viewing pleasure. Please ignore me yelling at her for chewing on the opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-JrISt7iQ

That looks like it's a much more difficult than the Steggin' Egg, which is what they have now!! The lab gets the kibble out in no time flat. I want her to have to work a little with something that's a little less easy to carry to the couch and gnaw at.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » July 1st, 2010, 11:58 am

We don't have an egg, but the Kong Wobbler is harder than the Kibble Nibble. Mia enjoys the Wobbler more, and Kodi likes the Kibble Nibble. That was the first day I had it so I put charlie bears in there, their kibble is smaller and comes out a little easier.
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby amalie79 » July 3rd, 2010, 9:43 pm

Kong Wobbler arrived today. Verdict? Huge. Hit. River loooooves it. And it's more difficult than the Dogzilla egg she's been using so it takes a little more time and a little more brain power. ;-)

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyChick » July 4th, 2010, 9:39 am

I recently bought a couple of these:

Hurley Zogoflex bones. They are eco-friendly and recyclable. So far none of the dogs have been able to put a dent in either bone and believe me Leni has tried! This is the only toy she has not been able to destroy. Reno likes playing fetch with them too.

Spiffy dog carries these and is having their 4th of July blowout sale now with free shipping too.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Living with your Pit Bull