Hello

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby SPBRisWrong » June 29th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Hello, my name is Hannah. I have been a member of the Smiling Pit Bull Rescue Forum for a few weeks, thinking that they were a legitimate shelter. When I told a friend about this she informed me that I was wrong. So I googled it and found your discussion "Rochester Pet Expo and Smilin Pit Bull Rescue (SPBR)" ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28895 ). I was shocked to hear this! :shock: Then the fact that they put him as "adopted" on their petfinder nauseated me! I thought I would join your forum to discuss this issue and more. Sunday they euthanized an other dog named Revlon and called her "adopted" on their petfinder page ( http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16317634?rvp=1 ). She was attacked by an other dog in her foster home, when her foster mother left them and the dog alone in the yard unsupervised. Her injuries were so extreme that she had to be put to sleep. She was just a baby. I understand that people make mistakes, but I think that it is just plain disrespectful to post poor young Revlon as adopted. I am going to keep my identity secret because I do not want SPBR to find out that I am speaking against them. I would like to remain on their forum so that I can keep an eye on them, so to speak. I'll just say that my name is Hannah, I have known and loved many pit bulls in my years, and it sickens me that this group calls themselves a "rescue." I hope that I can learn more about SPBR and all that they have done over the years. I hear that Zeus' story is just the tip of the iceberg.
Hannah

To my mind, I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-Ghandi
SPBRisWrong
Just Whelped

Postby SPBRisWrong » June 29th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Here is a better introduction:

Hi, my name is Hannah, I live on the East Coast. I've been involved with Pit Bull Advocacy for many years. I have one dog, who is a handsome pure APBT (he was surrendered to the shelter because the breeders couldn't sell him). I support the breed because they do not deserve their bad reputation. There is not BSL in my area. I found Pit Bull Talk from my research on SPBR.

I belong to these Pit Bull lists/forums SPBR.

I don't want to post pictures of my dog because I would like to keep my identity a bit of a secret so SPBR doesn't boot me from their forum.

I have three other pets, two cats and a fish. I have no kids.

I put my pants on every day but I can't think which leg I put on first...

My shoe size is 9.5

I prefer cheese pizza unless the place has Kalamata olives, which are my very favorite.

Ok, let me into the forum now!
Hannah

To my mind, I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-Ghandi
SPBRisWrong
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2010, 6:12 am

Hello! :)

First....Admin on PBT are well aware of the controversies surrounding the group you were affiliated with, BUT they do NOT allow "crap" from other places to be discussed here. :dance:

So...with that in mind, and knowing many of us have "been there, done that", my friendly suggestion is to "let go of it" and just become an active PBT member...joining in our fun and discussions. (I am in charge of the fun...)

Second, welcome to PBT! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » June 30th, 2010, 7:26 am

Greetings to you, Hannah.......I'm one of the Welcome Waggers... :wave2:

I'm glad you found us, because we have a LOT of great people here with amazing insight, wisdom and experience when it comes to working with dogs. !!
We can be a really FUN crew...*yes, THANK-YOU-JOYCE*, :D and seem to be a bit KOOKY :crazy2: for our dogs.!!

Many of our folks belong to other forums/groups, but we do not discuss the drama/crap from other places. :bs: :nono:

So. Even though you've found some light shed on some otherwise 'dark' areas, Joyce is right, leave it over there, where it belongs.

Me?? :| :| I withdrew from all the other forums when I found this one. Why mess with the rest...blah blah blah.... :neener:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2010, 8:53 am

ArtGypsy wrote:Me?? :| :| I withdrew from all the other forums when I found this one. Why mess with the rest...blah blah blah.... :neener:

Yup, me too! 8)

Welcome to PBT! :wave2: We'd love it if you *truly* joined so we could get to know you and your dog!

And for the record...the majority of us have no idea about this rescue other than what we read here and there...so we can definitely do without the drama! ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby PetieMarie22 » June 30th, 2010, 9:26 am

Hi Hannah,
I followed the same path as well. Cut the string and just come on over and be you! I'm so glad I did! This board is not so much based on rescue as it is training and education. And if you do want to be involved with rescue, there are some experienced and credible people on this board that do it.
I hope to be involved in rescue in the future, but in the mean time, I just learn all I can about pit bulls, and training and dog health. My pit bull has benefited and grown greatly from this knowledge.
And I really believe the best way to help pit bulls and stop the people that are doing them wrong is with education!!
Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 30th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Hi Hannah! Welcome to the forum! You are more than welcome to stay, and though I agree with the sentiment behind your forum name, you'll need to be changing it to "Hannah" before we grant you access. Well, actually, you can't make that change yourself, but in your next post, please acknowledge that your understand that that will be your new username - or select another one - and we'll give you access.

Thanks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » July 1st, 2010, 12:53 am

Hi Hannah! Welcome to the forum. That sure is a little cutie in your avatar. Unfortunatly we have some "spies" from that forum so they may already know that you are here. But if so, just call us home. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » July 1st, 2010, 10:32 am

Welcome Hannah, I hope you decide that this is the board for you. We have some very smart people here that know so much about the breed and animals. If you are looking for a place to learn, you found the place.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forum! :wave2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby RugbyChick » July 21st, 2010, 10:43 am

welcome Hannah. I'm a newbie myself. Unfortunately, there isn't an option on petfinder to put deceased. While adoption may not have been the best choice, the dog couldn't have been left on petfinder.
RugbyChick
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » July 21st, 2010, 11:41 pm

Hannah Never Came Back.
HAAAAAAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!
ARE YOU OUT THERE, HANNAH???

:+) :+) :+)
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Return to Introductions