Care about pit bulls

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby cdonovan » June 26th, 2010, 1:50 pm

I joined here to let you know of a situation about a pit bull thrown from a window 4 stories up in Syracuse. It is my honest reason for joining!! Just being honest.

Thanks.

DON'T LE THIS DOG BECOME ANOTHER OREO!!!!!!!!!!

Dog is thrown from fourth floor of Syracuse building

Published: Friday, June 25, 2010, 4:06 PM Updated: Friday, June 25, 2010, 4:11 PM
Robert A. Baker / The Post-Standard Robert A. Baker / The Post-Standard

Syracuse, NY -- A dog was thrown out a fourth-floor window on Syracuse’s Eastside this morning and police are trying to find the person responsible.

About 7:30 a.m., construction workers saw the dog get thrown from a window at 1809 E. Fayette St., Sgt. Tom Connellan said.

The dog, a pit bull mix about 1 year old, suffered multiple injuries when it landed, including two broken back legs, broken ribs and internal injuries, Connellan said.

When police arrived at the apartment the dog was thrown from, there was no one there, Connellan said. Connellan was unsure if the dog had tags.

Police have some leads on who might have thrown the dog and the investigation is continuing.

The dog was originally taken to a Bridge Street veterinarian but was transferred to the DeWitt Animal Hospital.

A woman who answered the phones at DeWitt Animal Hospital said she was instructed by police not to give out any information. Dewitt Animal Hospital: (315) 446-1200

I called there and was told to call and ask to speak to the police involved if I had questions.

The dog is supposedly still alive but it at the veterinarian who contracts with the City of Syracuse to put down all dogs brought in. This vet (Dewitt Animal Hospital) puts down any dog that is not claimed by day 5 for the city.

Here is a petition from a few years back about the place.
http://www.petitiononline.com/1403/petition.html

Contact Van Robinson, President of Syracuse City Council to confirm that the City of Syracuse has a contract with Dewitt Animal Hospital to do their dirty deeds.
cdonovan
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » June 26th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Well, hello there, Cdonovan! :wave2: If you love dogs and Pit Bulls, maybe you would want to join the forum. :)

If so, tell us about yourself and the dogs you may already own. New members are always welcome. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » June 26th, 2010, 10:09 pm

THIS MAKES ME SICK....... :cuss: :sad2: :cuss:

Seriously though, Joyce is right....You don't have to own a pit bull to be a part of our forum!
Tell us a little bit more about yourself and your dogs....

How did you find us ??? :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby iluvk9 » June 27th, 2010, 8:09 am

ArtGypsy wrote: Joyce is right....

Again. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Introductions