Look who Ella sent to us.

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby CinderDee » June 8th, 2010, 4:12 am

She's beautiful & the collar is perfect. :heartbeat:

I know exactly what you mean about a dogless house. It's very hard so I'm glad it's not empty anymore. :hug3:
Enjoy her!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » June 8th, 2010, 8:53 am

:hug3:

My Inara is one of the best things that ever happened to me, and she was a "rebound" dog. My heart of hearts, my basset, died suddenly on Christmas Eve a number of years ago...by January, I'd already found Inara on the rescue page, and by February she was mine. I found myself spiraling into that deep depression also...and just the thought of coming home to adopt my new girl kept me afloat (I was away from home for a month...that's why she didn't come home right away). Most of my friends thought I was crazy, but now they love Inara too. :D Sawyer came home not long after I lost my beloved mixed breed, Elwood, to very sudden lymphoma (like Ella). I'm not one for long drawn-out grieving periods...I just can't handle it.

No dog was ever REPLACED...they are all individuals with their own quirks and personalities. Sure, sometimes I'll say..."wow, that was just like Elwood"...but I don't compare or hold them up to each other to judge. But I'm with you...I can't have a hole in my life. I have multiple dogs, so it's not like I have just one. But each time I lose a dog...it's like something is missing from my pack and my life. You have complete understanding from me!

And now for the important part: WHAT A CUTIE!!!!! :heartbeat: She reminds me of a young Score! :loveU: I'm in LOVE!!!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Ino » June 8th, 2010, 10:18 am

She is so adorable and I love the collar! My best friend when I was very young was our Collie named Trixie and she was put down due to liver problems and arthritis when I was five (I was not told until she was aready PTS, so I felt a total void, since I did not get to see her before she went). I really struggled with it, but my mom saw my pain and took me to the shelter to pick out a cat (they were not ready for another dog- especially having 3 young kids at the time), so I picked out an adult calico cat that needed a home. The companionship of a cat was different; however, Patches did help me a lot with getting through the hard times. I do not think I could handle a pet free household and strongly believe that although you can never replace a companion, allowing a new companion benefits both the human and new animal. It really can help with healing. I would not walk 2X a day through the beautiful woods here if I did not have Ino (and that is the highlight of my day), nor would I have a regular snuggle buddy (cats are more independent) and those are two very comforting parts of my life. I am truely sorry to hear about Ella (somehow I missed the original post), but am sure she would want you to be happy.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 8th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Oh Rebecca, I am so happy for you! This post brings tears to my eyes.

We got Piper just a few days after I lost my first dog. He helped me, Phil and Jasmine grieve and heal. I'm so glad Ella brought a puppy to you. She is your heart dog, and this is proof she's still looking out for you.

Can't wait for more photos of the baby.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Previous

Return to Gallery and Cinema