Gulf Oil Spill Relief Effort, Collection in Manchester, CT

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2010, 9:01 am

Received from a friend at PAWS in Norwalk CT who is helping out with collections.....

Link for Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127273297294219

Start Time: Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 9:00am
End Time: Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 5:00pm
Street: 249 Broad Street
City/Town: Manchester, CT

(860) 646-2200 or email at kevinalbuit@yahoo.com

I'm asking for a little help from all the animal lovers out there....As you know We have a huge disaster brewing in the Gulf of Mexico and the long term effects are going to be unreal. Our store has become a sponsor and an official drop off point for products needed to help clean the animals WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR MONITARY DONATIONS... the products are as simple as a tooth brush. We will be listing everything needed on our F/B page or shoot me over an email and I will forward you a list. I know times are tough out there but these animals are suffering from the screw up of people and they need our help!!! We will deliver everything to Louisiana at the end of July so make me get a bigger truck...... and let’s all help. Ok I'm all done now ...thanks for the help... Kevin Albuit Flooring Solutions

If you can not drop things off feel free to mail them directly to the store.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
Sheets
Towels
Disposable bed pads
Q-tips
Gauze pads
Toothbrushes (NEW sealed in box)
Dawn dish soap (original blue formula)
Pedialyte Liters (unflavored)
Pepto Bismol (original liquid)
Newspapers
Cardboard boxes (Med. to large size)
Duct Tape
Aluminum Foil
Nitrile Gloves (no latex--petroleum products break these down)

Sheets and towels are used to place over birds and other wildlife to alleviate stress. Towels are also used after the rinsing phase of the wash cycle just before the bird is placed in the drying station. Disposable bed pads and newspapers work great in lining cardboard boxes when in the field collecting oiled wildlife-it helps keep the bottom from breaking down. Q-tips, gauze pads and toothbrushes are used to clean up the nostrils and beaks. Toothbrushes also help in cleaning the delicate feathers on the heads of birds. Dawn dish soap is the only cleaning agent used for oiled wildlife as it has been proven to work the best (each bird will use more than 90 ounces!). Pedialyte is given to the birds before the clean up process to help restore liquids and essential nutrients needed to stabilize the animal. Pepto Bismol is given to coat the stomach as many of the birds will not only have oil on their skin and feathers but most have ingested it too. Cardboard boxes are needed to transport the oiled wildlife and duct tape is needed to seal boxes and bags. Aluminum foil is needed to seal collections taken from each animal for evidence.

We appreciate any help that anyone can give. Thanks for your time. If you have questions please feel free to give us a call at (860) 646-2200 or email at kevinalbuit@yahoo.com
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » June 7th, 2010, 1:25 pm

:(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Beginning collection date has changed to 6/12/2010.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Off-Topic