Uh oh! Fancy party.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 5th, 2010, 9:19 am

So on my trip later this month for work, I was just informed I will be attending a gala.
OH NOOOOO!!!!
I've never really been to a fancy party event before and I do NOT have anything to wear. Got some shopping ahead of me, I guess. My friend might have a dress I can wear (if it fits me, but I'm a much different shape than she) but I'll need shoes either way. Ugggh.
I am trying to be excited about it.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby BullyLady » June 5th, 2010, 9:33 am

Ooooh, I'm so jealous!! I was just lamenting to my husband the other day that we never have the occassion for formal wear anymore. The last time we truly dressed up was our wedding 5 years ago.

ENJOY YOURSELF!! :mrgreen:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 5th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Relax and have fun! I wouldn't want to put on evening wear every week, but once in a while is great fun! We want pictures!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » June 5th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Wait till Michelle reads this! SHE is the QUEEN of gala parties!!! She had a knock-out dress and shoes for a police gala she went to with Demo.

And PLEASE....if you can...BUY YOUR OWN DRESS so you can feel special in it and it shows your style and personality.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » June 5th, 2010, 2:42 pm

:oops: Thanks Joyce.

I loooooove my dresses. I've had three pretty dresses for the police formal.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 5th, 2010, 3:47 pm

I will try my friend's dress because I really don't have the money for a fancy dress. But if it doesn't fit, I will have to buy my own.
I keep telling myself to remember that these are dog people, so how could it NOT be fun?!
My boss told me he was thinking of coming, and that would be a TON of fun. Maybe he will decide to.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 6th, 2010, 9:53 pm

I found this dress at Macy's today on a ridiculously cheap sale. I'm not positive yet if it is the ONE, but I think it will be a nice dress to have for other events too. I still have to find some nice heels and accessories-- a purse, namely. so, if you have any favorites online, let me know!!

ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » June 6th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Nothing better than a little black dress. You could dress it up with some really pretty colorful shoes and it would be super fun.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » June 7th, 2010, 5:32 am

NICE! like the hottie above me posted....a spectacular necklace and some kick-ass heels will do it! btw, you are very pretty, even if you aren't all 'dolled up' yet.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » June 7th, 2010, 5:32 am

iluvk9 wrote:NICE! As the hottie above me posted....a spectacular necklace and some kick-ass heels will do it! btw, you are very pretty, even if you aren't all 'dolled up' yet.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 7th, 2010, 6:12 am

Thanks girls!!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 8th, 2010, 10:55 pm

I love dresses like this, because they're easily dolled up with accessories, and easy enough to wear casually with some cute sandals or flip flops and a ponytail. :) Great find!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 8th, 2010, 11:07 pm

VERY pretty!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » June 9th, 2010, 6:29 am

It looks great on you. Like everyone said, doll it up with some sparkly jewelry and some hot shoes and you are in.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » June 10th, 2010, 11:34 am

RHINESTONES! VA - VOOM!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Off-Topic